Clearer Pictures

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried to take pictures of my makeup/eyes yesterday for FOTD, and it wouldnt come out properly. Maybe it was the lighting of the room but the colors weren't as they were in real life. i even tried flash and i couldnt get it.. any advice? BTW im using a digital camera (sony cybershot 3.2 megapixels)

Also make sure you keep your hand steady! I have a very inexpensive digital camera and the shutter speed is extremely slow -- only rarely do I get a close-up picture to come out clear, because I have a hard time holding my hand steady! (Or at least, when I hold out my arm to take a picture of my face, it's hard to keep it steady. It's easier when I took the pictures in my notepad, since I didn't have to hold my arm up to take pictures of makeup sitting on a table!)

Also try using a close-up or macro mode if your camera has one, and try holding the camera at slightly different distances from your face. If I take several pictures at different distances, sometimes I can get one to come out clear! lol

Or use a self timer if the camera has that option... put it on a table - and stand in front of it... you might have to take a few to get a good one. You can also put it on a table or a shelf and reach your arm out to snap the pic.. instead of holding it. So you are sure to get a steady shot
wink.gif

i heard that if you put a peice of tissue over the flash, it doesn't make it super white. haven't tried that yet though.

Originally Posted by Liz i heard that if you put a peice of tissue over the flash, it doesn't make it super white. haven't tried that yet though. Hmmm... I tried that... but it didn't seem to make any difference..
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back