Clinique 3 step get it or not??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the clarifying lotion quite harsh but it does what it's supposed to (exfoliates rather than just a toner) but the lady at the counter told me that your skin builds up a tolerance to it (apparently). She even suggested that I use the number 2 for a while (I have oily and blemished skin with occasional dryness and sensitivity) then step up to the number 3 once my skin had adjusted.

To be honest I think the regime is ok. It has reasonable results if you do it all the time (I was told morning and evening) but if you get slack then it doesn't work as well. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase... I'm still looking for my HG skincare regime!

Let us know how you get on,

Claire x

yeah the live chat lady said that after a while your skin gets used to it. I hope it does. She also said that I need to be using the foaming face wash to remove makeup before using the 3 step. I never knew that I thought the soap did that.

I use Clinique skincare but i use their newer skincare products (which are very good), not the old (not so good) 3 step line.

I use their

1) Superdefense spf25 for combo oily /oily skin - i think 35 or 39 dollars. It's a wonderful moisturizer.

2) their Mild Clarifying toner - just 11 dollars; this stuff is AWESOME. it's improved my skin a lot.

their cleansers are nothing special IMO but i highly recommend the ones i listed.

I've been using Clinique's 3 step skincare line for about 7 months now and it has never broken out my skin. Like you I have very sensitive skin and I can't use products that have unnecessary additives in them. The benefit of Clinique's skincare is that you can use it with any line of cosmetics you wish! I say give it a try for several months until you run out, and if you’d like, try something different and you should have a made up mind on which line of skincare is best for you.

Is the mild lotion different from the other? I was looking at that yesterday thinking maybe I needed that instead. Does clinique have any anti-aging products? I've never really tried any other skin care Except Mary Kay and Estee Lauder. With MK I had timewise lotion and face wash. With EL I had the take away foaming cleanser and Hydracomplete moisturizer. I really want something that will not harm my sensitive, Rosacea skin. As far as the feeling on my face it is so soft and silky like never before. I just hope that my skin gets used to the lotion. I normally have to microderm for dryness, but so far haven't had to so that makes me like it even more. How long does the bottles normally last using it twice a day?

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for all the advice. I used it once yesterday and once this morning. I actually think I'm putting on too much of the moisturizier lotion. I need to use less of that next time. Does it have any SPF in it? My foundation does so I guess i'm ok with that, but I really like using lots of SPF now that i'm getting older. That particular moisturizer that comes with the 3 step system has no SPF. They sell others with SPF though.

They have lots of anti-age products. For example, they have Zero Gravity Repairwear, Lift Firming Cream, All About Eyes Rich, Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer, etc.

How long the bottles last depends on how much cleansing, toning and moisturizing you need a day. For me the first bottle that was empty was the Clarifying Lotion and a few weeks later it was the Liquid Facial Soap and then I was empty on the Moisturizing Lotion. So I guess you can say all three products together can last 2 to 3 months.

i wouldn't bother. I used clinique for well over a year and now have quit using it. At first it seemed to have helped my skin but then it just got too harsh and the clarifying lotion is pretty much alcohol. I would try something else, but that's just my opinion. All in all I like Clinique but I think there's better products out there.

I really don't think it's worth it. The mild liquid cleanser isn't too bad for removing makeup though.

Either get Clinique's clarifying lotion without a number (that's the one for sensitive skin), or get something different. If your skin is really sensitive, you might like LUSH's eau roma toner. It's meant for people with dry, sensitive or mature skin and it doesn't burn but it gets rid of the last bits of makeup and won't dry out your face.

clinique sounds good and so does clear pores. both are three step skin solutions. i don't know which one is better though.

i say no not because i have used it, but because I prefer natural skin care products- I love the mario badescu line.

I absolutely LOVE the Clinique three step system. I have the system for oily skin, and have been using it for well over a year now. I have very sensitive skin--red head, pail complexion, sunburned easily, average breakouts due to hormones, etc., and the Clinique system worked wonders. It's the type of system that you need to maintain, however. Use it twice daily.

It was explained to me that for the first two or three weeks, you may think that your skin is breaking out more than usual, however that is normally and actually a good sign. What happens is the cleaning system is bringing up the clogged dirt and oil to the surface, so you will break out for a week or so. Once that clogged material is removed, you'll notice a much better complexion.

The only real con is that the system is somewhat pricey--at least compared to drug store brands. However, I used ALL the drug store brands in the past, and nothing has maintained my skin like the Clinique system. Aside from that, I usually switch my system during the winter since my skin gets drier--it isn't fault of the system, though--just of the weather.

If you find your skin getting unusually dry, just go back to the counter and talk to the representative about getting a different number in the system. It may take a little while to get the system that works for you, but once you do it is truly wonderful.

I also find that I don't go through the Clinique products as quickly as I do drug store brands--this helps even out the expensive price tag for me.

Another thing (sorry to ramble) is that you can ask for the sample sized set first so that you can find the system that is best for you without paying the full price for full sized bottles that may not suit you at first.

Aside from this, it's truly a wonderful system to own if you're willing to spend the extra cash and commit to washing, toning, and moisturizing twice a day.
smile.gif

I absolutely love clinique's 3 step system.

It does leave your skin so smooth and clean

I have dry skin and I use the skin type 1 kit, and it works great for me!

I hate Clinique's 3 step skincare system. It's terrible. The moisturizer (dramatically different moisturizer) is total crap. Go get some samples from the counter first.

I only use the Clinique Cleanser, but I love it so much!

I tried the moisturiser from the 3 step routine, but found that it wasn't good on my skin. So, the cleanser and a light moisturiser is perfect now.

I have sensitive skin, so it didn't work for me. The soap was too harsh and so was the toner, and the moisturiser wasn't heavy enough. IMO you can find better products at the drugstore.

i bought it recently because it worked well for my friends..

but no one told me that the clarifying lotion has alcohol in it..

it smells bad and i don't feel like it's very special..

Back