Clinique Khol Shaper for eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone try this khol eye pencil? I'm looking for a dark brown eye pencil,that won't smudge too much,because I know any eye pencil smudge a little, and I want to know if Clinique's are good!Do you have any other suggestions for an eye pencil, any brand Lancome,Chanel,Estee Lauder,YSL,Dior,Biotherm,Mac,Stila,anything you've tried,that would be helpful!!

Hi Sophia, I just got a Stila kajal eye liner in the mail yesterday with my recent stila order and so far I just love it. It does glide on very gently and smoothly. I got the sapphire color. This may be a brand you might want to consider.....I don't know about the Clinique one, sorry.

Originally Posted by Sophia Has anyone try this khol eye pencil? I'm looking for a dark brown eye pencil,that won't smudge too much,because I know any eye pencil smudge a little, and I want to know if Clinique's are good!Do you have any other suggestions for an eye pencil, any brand Lancome,Chanel,Estee Lauder,YSL,Dior,Biotherm,Mac,Stila,anything you've tried,that would be helpful!!

Sophia, I'm not sure about the Clinique pencil, but MAC eye kohl in "Teddy" is a nice rich bronzey-brown. Its really easy to blend too! Chanel's "Le Crayon Yeux" in 'Teak' or 'Coffee Bean' are nice as well. The good thing about the Chanel ones, is that they have a sponge applicator on the other end of the pencil to smudge/blend the e/l--great for smoky eyes!

Thanks ikebana! As you're a Mac expert I was thinking and Mac coffee eye pencil.What do you think,is it good? Which one smudge more khols or eye pencils?

Originally Posted by ikebana Sophia, I'm not sure about the Clinique pencil, but MAC eye kohl in "Teddy" is a nice rich bronzey-brown. Its really easy to blend too! Chanel's "Le Crayon Yeux" in 'Teak' or 'Coffee Bean' are nice as well. The good thing about the Chanel ones, is that they have a sponge applicator on the other end of the pencil to smudge/blend the e/l--great for smoky eyes!

Thanks Trisha!!I have a powerpoint already and I don't really like it maybe Mac's Khols have better staying power!!

Originally Posted by Trisha My vote would be for Stila Kajal Pencil in Tigers Eye (rich brown) or MAC Powerpoint in Stubborn Brown, the Stila is more smudgeable and has more pigment though x
st_S18201_200.jpg

kajal eye liner

Kajal eye liners are formulated to mimic the ultra-soft texture of the Indian eye darkener of the same name. The luscious formula glides on perfectly, without dragging across the fragile skin of the eye area. Delivers bold, clear, true color that easily blends and beautifies.

Tips:

Use kajal eye liner for a precise, crisp line or smudged to create a smoky appearance. Works well with any eye shadow formula.

Kajal Colours

Kohls are definitely more smudgable than the eye pencils... "Coffee" is a nice brown pencil, but if you're looking to do a smoky eye with a bit more of an intense brown, I would go with "Teddy."

Thanks ikebana! Really between the Coffee eye pencil and Teddy is there a color difference?Teddy is more bronze than coffee? It has any shimmers?

Originally Posted by ikebana Kohls are definitely more smudgable than the eye pencils... "Coffee" is a nice brown pencil, but if you're looking to do a smoky eye with a bit more of an intense brown, I would go with "Teddy."

Thanks for the shade advice Trisha!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Teddy is warmer brown with subtle gold shimmer whilst Coffee is a cooler charcoal brown IMO x

Originally Posted by Sophia Has anyone try this khol eye pencil? I'm looking for a dark brown eye pencil,that won't smudge too much,because I know any eye pencil smudge a little, and I want to know if Clinique's are good!Do you have any other suggestions for an eye pencil, any brand Lancome,Chanel,Estee Lauder,YSL,Dior,Biotherm,Mac,Stila,anything you've tried,that would be helpful!! I have the Clinique kohl in Blackened Teal. I wore it last night on a date and if I do say so myself it looked fantastic. Smudgeable but not creeping down into my lines or anything. I also liked the smooth texture. I really liked it, but this was the first time I used it so who knows if I'll discover something about it that I don't like.

i have both the teddy and the coffee mac pencils, and i find the best way to make the liner stay without smudging is to go over the liner with a same or similar color shadow, and my liner doesn't budge even if my eyes are watery.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Teddy is warmer brown with subtle gold shimmer whilst Coffee is a cooler charcoal brown IMO x I agree with the shade advice!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the advice!!!

Originally Posted by devinjhans i have both the teddy and the coffee mac pencils, and i find the best way to make the liner stay without smudging is to go over the liner with a same or similar color shadow, and my liner doesn't budge even if my eyes are watery.
icon_biggrin.gif

Spazbaby let me know if Clinique's works for you!!!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I have the Clinique kohl in Blackened Teal. I wore it last night on a date and if I do say so myself it looked fantastic. Smudgeable but not creeping down into my lines or anything. I also liked the smooth texture. I really liked it, but this was the first time I used it so who knows if I'll discover something about it that I don't like.

If you want a very cheap eyeliner that still has a soft lead and is long-lasting, try Jordanna! You can get them at Walgreens for less than $2 a pencil and they work great! As long as I put a layer of loose face powder under my eye mu, these pencils do not smudge at all during the day! For brown shades, I've tried their Easyliner (automatic pencil) in Lavish Brown, a dark brown with strong cool undertones; Brown Suede (my current favorite), a warm medium brown; and Creamy Cocoa, a little lighter than Brown Suede and the only one I've tried with a little harder lead. They have several other shades of brown I haven't tried though. They also have some kohl eyeliners which I haven't tried, but I've only heard good things about Jordanna eyeliners
wink.gif

I also used to really like Maybelline's Expert Eyes (their Dark Chocolate was a very dark brown which I loved) but they seem to be discontinued, I can't find them anymore
frown.gif

Yeah i have an eye penci from Maybelline it's gold Expert eyes Khol I think it's a dark brown,maybe is the one you've said! I love it too I use it for over 4 years now,but I want to change it because it's too smudgeable!!!

Originally Posted by girl_geek If you want a very cheap eyeliner that still has a soft lead and is long-lasting, try Jordanna! You can get them at Walgreens for less than $2 a pencil and they work great! As long as I put a layer of loose face powder under my eye mu, these pencils do not smudge at all during the day! For brown shades, I've tried their Easyliner (automatic pencil) in Lavish Brown, a dark brown with strong cool undertones; Brown Suede (my current favorite), a warm medium brown; and Creamy Cocoa, a little lighter than Brown Suede and the only one I've tried with a little harder lead. They have several other shades of brown I haven't tried though. They also have some kohl eyeliners which I haven't tried, but I've only heard good things about Jordanna eyeliners
wink.gif

I also used to really like Maybelline's Expert Eyes (their Dark Chocolate was a very dark brown which I loved) but they seem to be discontinued, I can't find them anymore
frown.gif

Lancome's eyeliner pencil in Black Coffee is great. It used to be my favorite. Right now I love VS's Dark Chocolate. (Not an option for the OP, I guess.) I also love the Clinique ones. Any of the 3 would work great, I think.

I know someone who works for Clinique, and though she says the Kohl Shapers are pigmented and easy to apply, she told me they don't last all that long.
frown.gif
I was bummed because Blackened Teal sounds so pretty...

Latest posts

Back