clip on hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place online that I can get the clip on hair, pony tail etc. I want one that looks natural and not too heavy. I just need a good brand. Revlon has them, but not in my color. thanks a bunch

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Does anyone know of a place online that I can get the clip on hair, pony tail etc. I want one that looks natural and not too heavy. I just need a good brand. Revlon has them, but not in my color. thanks a bunch I think QVC or HSN has the "Toni Ponies"... my mom has these, and they look great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm sure she'll chime in soon! lol
wink.gif

when i go to the malls, there are carts that might sell hair pieces. i see them at different malls here in california.

I have been wearing Hair U Wear ponies and wraps for years. Check out this sight.

http://www.hairuwear.com/csig/consumer/pop/index.html

I have tried them all and this is the brand that seems to look like the most real. I wear them because I have thin/fine hair and everytime it starts to get long it starts looking stringy. Give it a try. They also sell at some stores. I know they sell at some Nordstroms. Good Luck!

By the way, The type I wear-ponies and wraps, are called put on pieces by Hair U Wear.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe By the way, The type I wear-ponies and wraps, are called put on pieces by Hair U Wear. Which styles do you buy???

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Does anyone know of a place online that I can get the clip on hair, pony tail etc. I want one that looks natural and not too heavy. I just need a good brand. Revlon has them, but not in my color. thanks a bunch Hurry, Hurry....Go on line to HSN.com and type in Tony Pony and see what comes up in the search...THEY ARE WONDERFUL - I have about 5 different ones, curly, straight, you name it!! I ordered the black, and the colors are true...they have many different colors to choose from and I'm sure you'll find yours !
tongue.gif
They're terrific in the summer,(I took them on vacation) lol lll I wore them almost every day!!! If you like wearing visors, or baseball caps, you weave the pony out the back of it, and you're set to go !!!

If you can make a little ponytail (something to grab) you just clip them on...Some come with like the "Banana-style clip" (my favorite) & and the others come with a comb type clips. -They are a life saver, especially if you're in a rush in the morning! I've worn them to weddings, where people go to the beauty parlor to get an up-do & spend hours in there - it takes me 5 minutes! I've got tons of compliments each & every time I wear them.. Get them, you will not be dissapointed!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Hurry, Hurry....Go on line to HSN.com and type in Tony Pony and see what comes up in the search...THEY ARE WONDERFUL - I have about 5 different ones, curly, straight, you name it!! I ordered the black, and the colors are true...they have many different colors to choose from and I'm sure you'll find yours !
tongue.gif
They're terrific in the summer,(I took them on vacation) lol lll I wore them almost every day!!! If you like wearing visors, or baseball caps, you weave the pony out the back of it, and you're set to go !!!

If you can make a little ponytail (something to grab) you just clip them on...Some come with like the "Banana-style clip" (my favorite) & and the others come with a comb type clips. -They are a life saver, especially if you're in a rush in the morning! I've worn them to weddings, where people go to the beauty parlor to get an up-do & spend hours in there - it takes me 5 minutes! I've got tons of compliments each & every time I wear them.. Get them, you will not be dissapointed!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I find the toni ponys look great but I had a hard time matching it to the right shade of blond for my hair.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I find the toni ponys look great but I had a hard time matching it to the right shade of blond for my hair. I know its kinda hard to match from TV or Website, but at least w/HSN you can always send them back, and try another shade. - they're pretty good with the returns & credit.

Hey checked out the hairuwear.com, but can't seem to find a place to purchase them from. Where do you buy yours from.Also was wondering how you figure out the colors. I am a reddish strawberry blonde. I know the monitors aren't all the same, so I can't tell which color to try.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Hey checked out the hairuwear.com, but can't seem to find a place to purchase them from. Where do you buy yours from.Also was wondering how you figure out the colors. I am a reddish strawberry blonde. I know the monitors aren't all the same, so I can't tell which color to try. Hey-check out this site and enter your zip code and it will tell you where the closest stores are to your location.http://www.hairuwear.com/csig/consum..._rLocator.html

Also, I have highlighted hair-Dark blonde all over with blonde highlights throughout. Everyday I have a patient (at work) who asks me ow did you do your hair like that because the hair pieces look so natural. With my hair color the way I described, I use shade R14/25. It has 3 different colors in it and it matches perfect. They do work best for people who have had colored or highlighted hair because of the different colors each piece has.

I saw that they have new pieces out called flawless and I will try them. Once you figure out your color-you are in. You can order any style. You might try to visit a place locally if there is one so you can go there and dry them on.

looks nice and real!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe The Pouf
pop_1_1_1_main.jpg
and the
sleek

pop_2_1_1_main.jpg

I have owned 3 of the Toni Pony pieces from HSN. I had 1 in dark brown and 2 in medium brown, since I now started dyeing my hair. Both shades were a good match. They looked great, I loved them! But they were kind of heavy as the ones I had were the long, sleek ponytails. A shorter pouf type wouldn't be so heavy. BTW-- I don't recommend the twist piece that is like a scrunchy with hair attatched. It gets terribly tangled and ratty looking after only a couple of uses. No matter what it never looks good again after that.

I have been checking out the Hair U Wear site for a while now...I want everything on there! Very nice stuff!

Originally Posted by glamslam I have owned 3 of the Toni Pony pieces from HSN. I had 1 in dark brown and 2 in medium brown, since I now started dyeing my hair. Both shades were a good match. They looked great, I loved them! But they were kind of heavy as the ones I had were the long, sleek ponytails. A shorter pouf type wouldn't be so heavy. BTW-- I don't recommend the twist piece that is like a scrunchy with hair attatched. It gets terribly tangled and ratty looking after only a couple of uses. No matter what it never looks good again after that.
I have been checking out the Hair U Wear site for a while now...I want everything on there! Very nice stuff!

You are so right about the twisty, it does look like a little rat LOL

I have a new / unused with tags attached hairpiece on my swaplist if anyone wants to swap or buy so you can try. This is one that you put your hair up like in a ponytail and stick the little comb into it and then wrap the hair around it. Very cute but to dark for my blonde hair. You can pm if you want.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back