Clone of Boston Market Cornbread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Notes:

For making clone of Boston Market Cornbread, buy a box of Jiffy Mix, and add a tablespoon or two of sugar to the batter, and yes you make it just like directed.

Now for some better corn bread.

Ingredients:

1 box Jiffy Mix Cornbread Mix

1 box Jiffy Mix Yellow Cake Mix

or

2 boxes Jiffy Mix Cornbread Mix

1 box regular yellow cake mix

Preparation:

Mix both boxes according to directions, and combine the batter. I generally use a large mix bowl, and add both boxes together, and add the other ingredients all at once. If you have only boxes of jiffy mix, use a brownie sized baking pan, 8 x 8, if you are going to use a box of regular cake mix, use a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees until done, this takes about 30 minutes, test for doneness.

Tony, this would also make an excellant batter for corn fritters, I usually make them about the size of a large hush puppy, use a small measuring cup and drop batter into hot vegtable oil and deep fry till golden brown, then roll them in powdered sugar. These are so good and are pretty easy to make, just be careful of the hot oil.

Yeah I got this from another one of our boards located here: http://kidsdirect.net/forums/

I dunno much about it tho. I was just moving some over from there.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860

Tony, this would also make an excellant batter for corn fritters, I usually make them about the size of a large hush puppy, use a small measuring cup and drop batter into hot vegtable oil and deep fry till golden brown, then roll them in powdered sugar. These are so good and are pretty easy to make, just be careful of the hot oil.

Back