Coach purchase-Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a way for me to check if a Coach bag someone sold me is authentic or not it has a serial number, looks real to me I am usually good at this but I suspect it is a very good replica because I cannot find any pics anywhere of this style and I have a current 1 similar that I bought that has some differences. Like thicker thread, thicker buckles, wider buckle holes with coach engraving HELP

Post a picture of it. That way we can help. It could be an older version of one.

Originally Posted by Marisol Post a picture of it. That way we can help. It could be an older version of one. Yeah that is what my husband said. I will take some pics soonErica

Pics

claps.gif
it looks like a very good replica to me. if you have an authentic coach bag, then the appointments you see on the definite one should appear on the new one. the appointmens should be consistent from bag to bag. also, the bag should have a serial number embossed on a leather medallion on the inside of the bag. all coach bags have this medallion without fail.. some very good counterfeits have the other appointments but only a medallion will confirm authenticity. the embossed number can always be confirmed by coach itself. i hope you were not cheated. hth always your friend, genie

Originally Posted by genie
claps.gif
it looks like a very good replica to me. if you have an authentic coach bag, then the appointments you see on the definite one should appear on the new one. the appointmens should be consistent from bag to bag. also, the bag should have a serial number embossed on a leather medallion on the inside of the bag. all coach bags have this medallion without fail.. some very good counterfeits have the other appointments but only a medallion will confirm authenticity. the embossed number can always be confirmed by coach itself. i hope you were not cheated. hth always your friend, genie It does have the leather embosses serial # Maybe I will call Coach Monday and see what they tell me. It looks authentic for the most part but something just isn't right. My purple 1 I bought smells like leather and this black one just has a perfumy smell Thanks Erica
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Where did you buy it from? A member of MUA..she has as many positive feedback as me 229 (no negative or neutral) I have 2 negs and 2 neutral undeserving.

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY?

Originally Posted by erica_1020 Is there a way for me to check if a Coach bag someone sold me is authentic or not it has a serial number, looks real to me I am usually good at this but I suspect it is a very good replica because I cannot find any pics anywhere of this style and I have a current 1 similar that I bought that has some differences. Like thicker thread, thicker buckles, wider buckle holes with coach engraving HELP

I wish I could help you. I'm awesone at spotting fakes, but I know nothing about Coach.

Originally Posted by erica_1020 My purple 1 I bought smells like leather and this black one just has a perfumy smell Thanks Erica
frown.gif

If it's been used then maybe she carried perfume around in it (I always have a minature bottle in my handbag), or perhaps she cleaned the inside because she was selling it.

It's really hard to tell from the pics.

What about the zippers?, does it stamped with Coach logo on it?

Also check the quality of lining/leather inside the bag.

Latest posts

Back