Color advice! Please, please, please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls!

I guess it´s no big secret that I am so unhappy with my hair color. Since about 3 years I am trying to get rid of my naturally med brown hair. My biggest wish was to get a shiny blonde tone. I started in 2003 to get my first highlights in hair. But that was not enough for me. All 3-4 months I added new highlights (in a salon). My hair dresser always put the new highlights with into the length. So my hair that is very dry and frizzy was damaged absolutely. And I NEVER got the color I liked to. Never a shining yellow blonde but always a dirty golden blonde! Then two month ago I went back to my naturally hair color by doing a coloration by myself. But it looked so boring and I didn´t feel well. So I put in some extensions to bring more life in it!

Now I am thinking of brightening my deckhair. I exactly know which color I would love to recieve! But HOW?????? Perhaps you got some advices for me! (I will go to a hair dresser ). They always used a 6% oxid to brighten my hair but because of my strong pigments in hair they always become a golden tone not a bright one.

Perhaps you could answer one of my questions:

1.) Do you think my wanted color would fit to me?

2.) Do you think there is a possibility to recieve this color although my hair so so much red pigmented? (that´s why it always turned out golden, I think!)

3.) Which colors are used to recieve my "wanted look"?

4.) What do you think how much percent oxidation have to be used to recieve this look?

I asked YOU those questions instead of a hairdresser, because I don´t trust hair dressers anymore! I always took pictures with to them but never recieved nearly the same look! So now I like to tell them what I exactly want!

Hope so that you understand what I wrote!

Perhaps I add some pictures!

1.pic MY HAIR COLOR RIGHT NOW

1.+3. pic HAIR COLOR I WOULD LOVE TO RECIEVE SO MUCH ! ! !

Hey first thing i wanted to say was,that you are so beautiful the way you look now!!!!!!but i know we all have our own things,lol I think you could achieve that blond color,my friends hair is darker than yours and she had it done and it was very light blond.it is just alot of maintenance,but i think if you really want to do it,it would look nice on you.But like i first said you are beautiful now!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I agree with Gwen, I think it looks gorgeous!!
smile.gif
Do you want highlights or all over blonde?? It's hard to answer your questions without being able to see or feel the texture of it... but from the pictures it seems you are looking for a light honey .... with a higher vol. peroxide for max. lift.

Since you posted pictures of Paris... Gad Cohen , a celebrity stylist/colorist reccomended this to someone wanting to acheive her color ...

"I think she should try Clairol Maximum Lift Extra Blondes H-L V with 40 volume peroxide. Use equal portions of each, then add to the roots for 30 minutes, and then apply to ends. The results should be the divine blond of the Hilton sisters."

The pictures in the article are showing Paris with her lightest blonde look... so you might want to add a toner on it to add more yellow if the color is too light for you.
smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=180 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=119>
tech_colorshape.jpg

Shape your Hair,

Shape your color.

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=386>What is Color Shape?Color Shape is ideal for uniting haircuts with facial shapes. The color is used to create contrast and definition by placing lightness and/or darkness in specific patterns. It can be performed on any natural Level. If hair has been relaxed or permed, wait one week and one shampoo before performing. Less timing may be needed

What product should you use?

Complement Creative Gel Color, Complements Color Prompter and Clairol Professional Developer

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=495 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>
title_studio_tech.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2 height=15>.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>Step 1: Create Lightness

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=8>
bulet-green.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=479 height=25>Formulate, mix, and apply a Complements Permanent color at least two shades lighter than the natural Level (Try 2 oz. 12A-P + 4 oz. 40-volume developer). Process up to 45 minutes, rinse, lightly shampoo, condition, and towel dry thoroughly.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right colSpan=2 height=10>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right colSpan=2>Step 2: Pre-Section and Formulate for Darkness

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=8>
bulet-green.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=479 height=25>By adding darkness to the hair, a client's facial features can be accented or diminished. Pre-section those areas to be darkened. Formulate and mix a deeper shade of Complements Long-Lasting Semi-Permanent color (Try 8N-S) with equal amounts of Complements Color Prompter. Apply to selected strands within the pre-sectioned areas, using tool of choice (gloved fingers, comb, paintbrush, foils, etc.). Once application is complete, process for 15 minutes. Rinse, shampoo, condition and style.
*For added intensity, intermix up to 1/2 oz. of Complements Intensifier (Red, Blue or Violet) into your chosen formula.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Hi girls!
I guess it´s no big secret that I am so unhappy with my hair color. Since about 3 years I am trying to get rid of my naturally med brown hair. My biggest wish was to get a shiny blonde tone. I started in 2003 to get my first highlights in hair. But that was not enough for me. All 3-4 months I added new highlights (in a salon). My hair dresser always put the new highlights with into the length. So my hair that is very dry and frizzy was damaged absolutely. And I NEVER got the color I liked to. Never a shining yellow blonde but always a dirty golden blonde! Then two month ago I went back to my naturally hair color by doing a coloration by myself. But it looked so boring and I didn´t feel well. So I put in some extensions to bring more life in it!

Now I am thinking of brightening my deckhair. I exactly know which color I would love to recieve! But HOW?????? Perhaps you got some advices for me! (I will go to a hair dresser ). They always used a 6% oxid to brighten my hair but because of my strong pigments in hair they always become a golden tone not a bright one.

Perhaps you could answer one of my questions:

2.) Do you think there is a possibility to recieve this color although my hair so so much red pigmented? (that´s why it always turned out golden, I think!)

4.) What do you think how much percent oxidation have to be used to recieve this look?

I asked YOU those questions instead of a hairdresser, because I don´t trust hair dressers anymore! I always took pictures with to them but never recieved nearly the same look! So now I like to tell them what I exactly want!

Perhaps I add some pictures!

1.pic MY HAIR COLOR RIGHT NOW

1.+3. pic HAIR COLOR I WOULD LOVE TO RECIEVE SO MUCH ! ! !

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Perhaps you could answer one of my questions:

I think you would look great with the color you want, not sure why you have not gotten what you wanted yet by going to a hairdresser, I do this color about twice a day. You could do a tri color (hi lites) with 3 different color blonde's, but with your hair being as dark as it is you would have to use 40 volume to get the color you want. The 6% you stylist use is most likely just 20 volume. Or normal color line at work goes from 4%-7.5%. Our high lift color line is not in percentages like that.

As far as what tonal value you should go, it would have to be beige or natural tones, using 40 volume will lift you past that red brassy stage you do not like.

Well good luck with everything, don't be afraid to venture out and find a hairdresser that will suit your needs, make appointments for consultations first. Consultations are sometimes free of charge, if they do cost it should not be that much.

Latest posts

Back