Color Enhancing Shampoo/conditioner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I'd like to try a color shampoo enhancer (probably John Frieda), but I'm a little confused as to what color I should get. My hair is a dark auburnish color. Do I buy the shampoo for red or brown hair? I used to use the Biolage color enhancing conditioner in copper, but it REALLY brought out the copper in my hair. I don't want my hair to be really brassy, but I want there to be a little more dimension in my haircolor.

Try John Frieda "Brilliant Brunette" or "Radiant Red" hair color preservation products-- I've heard they're excellent!

One more question: there are 2 different Browns: amber-maple, chesnutt-espresso; and there are 2 different Reds: for bright and dark. Would I go with the dark red shampoo and the chesnutt-espresso conditioner?

Originally Posted by Brelki Okay, I'd like to try a color shampoo enhancer (probably John Frieda), but I'm a little confused as to what color I should get. My hair is a dark auburnish color. Do I buy the shampoo for red or brown hair? I used to use the Biolage color enhancing conditioner in copper, but it REALLY brought out the copper in my hair. I don't want my hair to be really brassy, but I want there to be a little more dimension in my haircolor. Are you seeking a color enhancer for naturally dark auburnish color or for hair that has been chemically treated? From the pic I see on your profile, it appears as if you may have coloured it. If you've coloured it, I have my advice on the shade itself.

My hair has been dyed. What's your advice eightthirty? I'd love to hear it.
smile.gif

Hey Brelki! Honestly, color enhancing shampoos only make a very subtle change - at least most of the ones I've used. But it all depends if you want to bring out the red, or do you want to bring out the brown? The amber-maple shade is for light brown hair... the chestnut-espresso if your hair is darker. (Reds use the same scheme... light to dark - you go by the color you have now)
wink.gif

Hmm.. I'm thinking about using John Frieda's products too since I'm going to dye my hair dark red. It looks pretty cool in the commercial.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis Hmm.. I'm thinking about using John Frieda's products too since I'm going to dye my hair dark red. It looks pretty cool in the commercial.
tongue.gif
It'll help bring out the different tones, but it isn't dye... so you can be safe just pretty much picking out the color... (red,brown, blonde) then getting either the light or dark
wink.gif

Yes, Brilliant Brunette amazing I love it! Also, Aveda has a nice line, and Paul Mitchell too, but If I were you I would save your money and get the Brilliant Brunette!

Originally Posted by Brelki Okay, I'd like to try a color shampoo enhancer (probably John Frieda), but I'm a little confused as to what color I should get. My hair is a dark auburnish color. Do I buy the shampoo for red or brown hair? I used to use the Biolage color enhancing conditioner in copper, but it REALLY brought out the copper in my hair. I don't want my hair to be really brassy, but I want there to be a little more dimension in my haircolor.

Latest posts

Back