Colored Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wanted to get your recommendations on colored mascara. I am looking for a burgandy color because I saw this great look in one of the Kevyn Aucoin books and I want to try it. My eyes are rather sensitive so I want something that doesn't crumble and that stays on all day. I really want it to make my eyes pop!
icon_eek.gif
Any recommendations?

Thanks girls!

Marisol, if you have access to Za, they make a great waterproof mascara that comes in a variety of colors. I love the green & purple, but they make one called rose which is a dark pinkish red/light maroon. If you can't find it, LMK & I'll send you one.
wink.gif

I use colored mascara often. A couple of my favs are Tony & Tina and Sugar. Sugar has nice colors but I cant recall if they have burgandy. T&T's are nice and I've had no problems w/smudging or crumbling. Also, Rocket City has a nice burgandy which is to die for!! HTH's
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Wanted to get your recommendations on colored mascara. I am looking for a burgandy color because I saw this great look in one of the Kevyn Aucoin books and I want to try it. My eyes are rather sensitive so I want something that doesn't crumble and that stays on all day. I really want it to make my eyes pop!
icon_eek.gif
Any recommendations?
Thanks girls!

Originally Posted by keaLoha Marisol, if you have access to Za, they make a great waterproof mascara that comes in a variety of colors. I love the green & purple, but they make one called rose which is a dark pinkish red/light maroon. If you can't find it, LMK & I'll send you one.
wink.gif
I have never heard of Za. I just looked at Sephora & they dont sell that brand. Do you know what store you may have bought it at?

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I use colored mascara often. A couple of my favs are Tony & Tina and Sugar. Sugar has nice colors but I cant recall if they have burgandy. T&T's are nice and I've had no problems w/smudging or crumbling. Also, Rocket City has a nice burgandy which is to die for!! HTH's
wink.gif
Thanks Tracey! Do you know where they sell Rocket City? I have never heard of that brand before and would like to look at it before buying it.

Sephora sells it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks Tracey! Do you know where they sell Rocket City? I have never heard of that brand before and would like to look at it before buying it.

Jess & I get it @ Longs Drugs for about $7-8. I know that LD is a CA-based company, but I don't know if you have one near you. Za is distributed here in Hawaii by Shiseido, but you can check them out @ www.za-ny.com.

Also check out YSL Faux Cils. IIRC, they make a maroon shade, but bear in mind that it's about $24.
frown.gif

ETA: Also look into Avon. I think they have some maroon/burgandy shades also.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Sephora sells it.
wink.gif
I just looked on their website and they don't have it listed as one of their brands.

wink.gif
They do? Hmmm... was going to check it out too - but don't see it on their site. Is it in store only?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Jess & I get it @ Longs Drugs for about $7-8. I know that LD is a CA-based company, but I don't know if you have one near you. Za is distributed here in Hawaii by Shiseido, but you can check them out @ www.za-ny.com.
Also check out YSL Faux Cils. IIRC, they make a maroon shade, but bear in mind that it's about $24.
frown.gif

ETA: Also look into Avon. I think they have some maroon/burgandy shades also.

I have a Longs Drugs near by so I will check it out. Thanks!

Kevyn Aucoin has a Curling Magic Black Red burgandy mascara, probably where this look came from! Burgandy looks awesome on light haired and blue eyed people, or brown haired.

oh yeah and his wears for like 14hrs and doesn't smudge.

Originally Posted by Marisol I just looked on their website and they don't have it listed as one of their brands. Wow, I know they sell it in-store, but guess they pulled it from the online store.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KMEFH Kevyn Aucoin has a Curling Magic Black Red burgandy mascara, probably where this look came from! Burgandy looks awesome on light haired and blue eyed people, or brown haired.oh yeah and his wears for like 14hrs and doesn't smudge.

Thanks Elise. I don't have a counter near by but I will definatelt check it out if I come across one when I visit SF.

I'm sorry Marisol, I just checked Sephora and Rocket City's website. I guess I spoke too soon. Neither one of them carry the mascara anymore. Sephora dropped the line altogether and RC is only selling brown and black. That sucks!! I'm sorry. I should've checked first.
icon_redface.gif

wink.gif

If you like the KA brand, you can also order online via beauty.com. Free shipping after $49 & no tax!
biggrin.gif
Plus you can combine your order w/stuff from drugstore.com & get in-store rebates & a 6% rebate through ebates.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks Elise. I don't have a counter near by but I will definatelt check it out if I come across one when I visit SF. I think they have one in Neimans there, or online always.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I'm sorry Marisol, I just checked Sephora and Rocket City's website. I guess I spoke too soon. Neither one of them carry the mascara anymore. Sephora dropped the line altogether and RC is only selling brown and black. That sucks!! I'm sorry. I should've checked first.
icon_redface.gif
That's ok. Check your PMs.
icon_lol.gif

I've always wanted to try some of today's colored mascaras. The electric blues of the 80's didn't show up on me. Have the formulas really evolved so that those with dark lashes can use them and the colors can actually be seen? I've even seen mascara duos with black on one end and a color on the other, meant to be worn on the tips only. But how can a color show up if it's applied over black?
icon_confused.gif

Tracey, what colors are your favorite to bring out brown eyes?

Jessica, go for it and try some of them out!! They're great! The colors do show up well - I've guess they've come a long way w/the various formulas. I wear so many different colors of mascara and have had no problem w/them showing.

My fav for making my eyes stand out is green. I wear the one by Rocket City called Nitrous (dont know what I'm gonna do now that they no longer sell it
icon_cry.gif
). Its not a loud color... .more like a forest green and when it is on my naturally black lashes, it comes out looking really amazing. I love what it does for my 'eye appeal'
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam I've always wanted to try some of today's colored mascaras. The electric blues of the 80's didn't show up on me. Have the formulas really evolved so that those with dark lashes can use them and the colors can actually be seen? I've even seen mascara duos with black on one end and a color on the other, meant to be worn on the tips only. But how can a color show up if it's applied over black?
icon_confused.gif

Tracey, what colors are your favorite to bring out brown eyes?

i tried clinique's colored mascara (in blue) and it sucked! nothing showed up. my sis said she saw it in the sun, but i don't really think it's worth $10+ if it only shows in the sun. i wouldn't try their colored mascaras.

they sell rocket city at tj maxx now! they used to sell it at sephora.

Latest posts

Back