Coloured mascara: a good thing - or ghastly?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Definitely good - on the right faces:

- Khaki and emerald suit redheads with fair skin, brown eyes and olive skin

- Plum and purple make blues eyes like aquamarines

- Grey looks great with fair and yellow-based skin tones, and all eye colours

- Gold, silver and bronze mascaras look wonderful against dark skins and brown or green eyes

- Red (yes, really) and deep pink looks amazing with dark hair, olive skin and brown eyes. Try it

- White, baby pink and baby blue look good on no one, trust us

Source: "Beauty scoop" by j. Carling and K. Shapland

oh I´ve been wanting to try purple mascara forever. I wonder if it might even look better than black mascara. but I think I´ll try a cheap purple mascara though to see if I like the look. I think Lancome does a few colored mascaras too. but since I won´t wear these every day I´d rather try a cheap one.

i read somewhere, i think on here, that if you want to experiment a little with colored mascara, just do the tips of your lashes! that way it's not too much, but you still have a little fun going on
smile.gif

I've tried DiorShow in purple/plum and I didn't like it, then again it says it suits blue eyes more and mine are hazel. I also tried a bronze mascara a few years ago and it looked really nice on. I wish I could remember which brand it was. I think it was drugstore, maybe Revlon or Maybelline, not sure. I liked the way the bronze brought out the gold flecks in my eyes.

OHHH! I love colored mascara and use it frequently. I think it is fun and different. I like White mascara, I use it in winter and it looks like I have snow in my lashes.:icon_love

I have blue eyes and I bought a plum colored mascara once from Max Factor, It really did bring out the blue. I'm thinking of getting it again but I dont know of any other brands that sell mascara in that color.

Lisa

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Definitely good - on the right faces:
- Khaki and emerald suit redheads with fair skin, brown eyes and olive skin

- Plum and purple make blues eyes like aquamarines

- Grey looks great with fair and yellow-based skin tones, and all eye colours

- Gold, silver and bronze mascaras look wonderful against dark skins and brown or green eyes

- Red (yes, really) and deep pink looks amazing with dark hair, olive skin and brown eyes. Try it

- White, baby pink and baby blue look good on no one, trust us

Source: "Beauty scoop" by j. Carling and K. Shapland

I remember one time when my cousin wore a beautiful bronze mascara. I swear the effect was so cool. Also with blue mascara, i loved the look. But i was too chicken to try the look because i was afraid i would look 80's or something. But now, i am fearless and wear all the color my heart desires. Milani has some colored mascara/glitter eyeliner that i think is really cool + it doesnt break your budget
icon_cheesygrin.gif

For those that don't want to invest in colored mascaras... MAC fluidlines and paints can be used as mascara. Put a bit of product on a clean mascara wand and brush your lashes.

I have seen a few pics of people with it on LJ. Blue Peep look gorgeous on the lashes.

I haven't had much luck with colored mascaras. Mostly I've tried the blue tones, different brands through the years because I love blue. They looked yucky against my dark skin and eyes. Really bad. Then I tried a burgundy colored one, and it was better, but I still didn't care for the look. I need that oomph and drama that only jet black can provide. But, like I said, I'm dark so maybe that's why.

Originally Posted by Charmaine I'll try gold instead I'd like too, but I don't know the brand that sells this colour
confused.gif
Hmmmm... Maybe Bourjois.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I like White mascara, I use it in winter and it looks like I have snow in my lashes.:icon_love So cute! Love the idea
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hm...never thought about that. Anyone here ever try that? I applied blue peep to my lashes once but since I have blue eyes it looked kinda weird. it was actually pretty easy, I just applied it with the small angled eyebrow brush from MAC (the same I use to apply the f/l as liner)
damn, now I wished I had a purple f/l!!!
smile.gif

ah, thanks for posting that!!

i read this last night, but was too sleepy to respond and i had a dream i put on a burgandy (sp?) mascara and then a blue one on top and my eyes looked blue in the middle and burgandy on the outside and i thought i looked good LOL

okay, sorry
icon_redface.gif

anyway, when i bought 2000 calorie, i accidentally picked up burgandy and when i put it on, my sister said my eyes looked grey instead of the real green they are. weird.

i wanna try a bronze, too. i wonder who makes it.

ah' date=' thanks for posting that!!
i read this last night, but was too sleepy to respond and i had a dream i put on a burgandy (sp?) mascara and then a blue one on top and my eyes looked blue in the middle and burgandy on the outside and i thought i looked good LOL

okay, sorry
icon_redface.gif

QUOTE']

*LMAO* that´s too funny. sounds kinda cool though, you should maby really try that
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle *LMAO* that´s too funny. sounds kinda cool though, you should maby really try that
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i did - before i went to bed. didn't work
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer ah, thanks for posting that!!

*LOOOOL*
Colored mascara, my new obsession!
38.gif

Colored mascara is definitely good!

I've tried them all but the white and red.

I love plum or a bright blue the most.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby OHHH! I love colored mascara and use it frequently. I think it is fun and different. I like White mascara, I use it in winter and it looks like I have snow in my lashes.:icon_love I to love the frost on eyelashes look I get from white mascara!! I had one from Rimmel in -98 or something, but I´ve been looking for a new one ever since! Who sells them???
//Jenny

Originally Posted by Tussan I to love the frost on eyelashes look I get from white mascara!! I had one from Rimmel in -98 or something, but I´ve been looking for a new one ever since! Who sells them???
//Jenny

I used to use a liquid white eyeliner - some drugstore cheap brand - and sometimes I would get it on my lashes and it was difficult to get off. It did look like snow, though.

Latest posts

Back