Complexion Brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it beneficial to use a separate face brush with the cleanser? I've read that by using a brush you can cleanse your face better and it will prevent blackheads. I've been thinking about the Shiseido one. Is it worth to purchase?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Is it beneficial to use a separate face brush with the cleanser? I've read that by using a brush you can cleanse your face better and it will prevent blackheads. I've been thinking about the Shiseido one. Is it worth to purchase? I actually used Shiseido's brush for a long time, but only in the T-zone. I go back to it in the summer when sunscreen/sweat/salt get grimey. Houston is notorious for crappy, humid, chemically challenged, ozone afflicted air. What I have been using for over a year (this is a hoot) is the cheapest baby wipes I can find at Walmart to pre-cleanse any makeup-grease-screen before I wash my face. If you need to exfoliate & want a simple, cheap (very) scrub, try using baking soda on top of your gel or cream cleanser. I've got too different 'scrubs' that I alternate with depending on whether I feel oily, or dry: organic rice flour/whole milk powder, both mixed 50-50 in a large jam jar, one ounce good for the whole body, for when a little lightening action is needed (I've got hypo- & hyper- pigmentation in different places & this isn't too rough on either one); and organic seasalt/cane sugar, again, 50-50 mix in one large jam jar. Same as before except it's like a beta-hydroxy combo that smoothes out the dry spots. Get these at Whole Foods Market in the bulk bin section.

I love using a facial brush when I cleanse. Meryl Norman has a wonderful facial brush. If I don't use a facial brush when I wash my face it makes me feel like there is still a layer of oil or makeup on my skin that needs to be brushed off. Try it out, I think you may like it.

I love facial brushes, I use one from The Body Shop; it's really good and it's soft too, it's a more a hygenic option to a facial sponge/buffer.

I use Shiseido's facial brush. Been using it twice a day for many years, and I love it. I've tried using a facial scrub/buff with my cleanser before and found it too harsh on my face. You should try it. I know you will like it.

I used to use a facial brush to use along with my cleanser. I got mine from Booths the chemist at a reasonable price but i did stop using it after a while.I think they are a great idea because it really cleanses the skin and exfoliates it all in one go. A great idea and perfect for keeping those pores clean. I would definatley treat myself to one
icon_cheesygrin.gif

PS, Perfect to for body brushing your face and dispelling puffiness!

What the heck are these things. Wow I must be in the dark, I didn't know these existed! Do any of you guys use them? Are they harsh? After I exfoliate I still have some dry spots, thought maybe this would help. Any thoughts?

I have heard of these brushes but haven actually used them. They claim to message the face to improve face circulation & to clean the face better than using only facial cleanser. I have touched a couple of these brushes before & the bristies seemed too rough for the face & thus I think it'll cause more harm than good...

I'm thinking of trying an exfoliating cloth though. One that I saw a couple of days back claims to help remove blackheads but I wonder how truth that is...have u tried any of the cloths?

I am thinking of using a brush also, I think shiseido has a good one. As aniger have mentioned, it is to improve better circulation and to get cleaner skin like this and improving skintone maybe. But on the other side I think that it is to harsh for the skin, maybe that it would be good to use it once in a couple months. Oh the exfoliating cloth sounds interesting, I would like to know also if anyone use this. I think I have seen something like this on tv, but I didn`t pay much attention to it!

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I have heard of these brushes but haven actually used them. They claim to message the face to improve face circulation & to clean the face better than using only facial cleanser. I have touched a couple of these brushes before & the bristies seemed too rough for the face & thus I think it'll cause more harm than good...
I'm thinking of trying an exfoliating cloth though. One that I saw a couple of days back claims to help remove blackheads but I wonder how truth that is...have u tried any of the cloths?

The best exfoliator I have ever used is Microdermabrasion Peeling with CrystalsIt's very gentle and at the same time removes dead skincells which clog pores.
claps.gif

The exfoliating cloth that I saw cost 'bout USD6. It claims to be good for 200 uses. Some Japanese brand I think, except that its call something like 'microfibre cloth'. Sounds high tech to me
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 The exfoliating cloth that I saw cost 'bout USD6. It claims to be good for 200 uses. Some Japanese brand I think, except that its call something like 'microfibre cloth'. Sounds high tech to me
icon_smile.gif
In my opinion both exfoliating cloth and brush is unhygienic. It's impossible to get rid of all bacterias from them. Therefore the best thing are exfoliators in cream.

Does anyone use a complexion brush as part of their facial cleansing routine? Here's a pic

fk4r9x.jpg

Originally Posted by Charmaine Ouch...it looks like it would hurt. What does it do for your complexion, exactly? I gently exfoliates your skin. The bristles are suppose to be very fine. I saw this on the derm doctor site. It's sold out!

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC I gently exfoliates your skin. The bristles are suppose to be very fine. I saw this on the derm doctor site. It's sold out!
icon_smile.gif
You know I used to use a complexion brush ALL the time! I even used one when I worked for LANCOME, they used to sell one that came in a little case. Just make sure the bristles are soft so they don't scratch or irritate or break you out. When I wasn't using the face brush I used a good quality men's shaving brush from the time I was thirteen till I was in my twenties with an oatmeal cleanser. My skin was smooth as glass and I had people constantly stopping me and commenting on my skin. So if this is a good brush with gentle bristles and you have a good cleanser you will be gently exfoliating daily, polishing your skin, cleaning out the pores and improving your complexion. Not only that but it feels good and is fast and fun to use. Give it a try, I liked it so much that I just found one of mine and plan on using it again. I know precriptives used to have one to use with their cleanser that was made from goat hair, I still have that and love it. Good luck with yours. I hope it does really nice things for your skin. Enjoy it!
icon_biggrin.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by truthseeker
icon_smile.gif
You know I used to use a complexion brush ALL the time! I even used one when I worked for LANCOME, they used to sell one that came in a little case. Just make sure the bristles are soft so they don't scratch or irritate or break you out. When I wasn't using the face brush I used a good quality men's shaving brush from the time I was thirteen till I was in my twenties with an oatmeal cleanser. My skin was smooth as glass and I had people constantly stopping me and commenting on my skin. So if this is a good brush with gentle bristles and you have a good cleanser you will be gently exfoliating daily, polishing your skin, cleaning out the pores and improving your complexion. Not only that but it feels good and is fast and fun to use. Give it a try, I liked it so much that I just found one of mine and plan on using it again. I know precriptives used to have one to use with their cleanser that was made from goat hair, I still have that and love it. Good luck with yours. I hope it does really nice things for your skin. Enjoy it!
icon_biggrin.gif
Chermarie Hi. Thanks so much for the info on the complexion brush!

Originally Posted by Naturally NICE looking brush! If skin brushing is good for the body ...WHY wouldn't it be good for the face? No ..I don't use one for the face ..but not a bad idea and definitely worth looking into! I agree, kim. I think I will look into it!

Originally Posted by LOVECHIC I agree, kim. I think I will look into it! I want to try this too. I have a hard time exfoliating...

It does look painful...

Here is one that I use that isn't too rough on the skin.

P0096_hero.jpg

I've used the same brush as Marisol's. It looks rather painful but assuring the bristles are soft, I think it'll be fine. Looks like it's a good brush, i;ll be sure to check it out.

Latest posts

Back