Conair 2-in-1 wet / dry straightner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has seen the new wet / dry straightner? You can use this ti dry and straighten your hair at the same time or use it to just straighten after it is dry. It has ceramic plates. I read about this in the magazine called Shop Etc. and they said that the Conair one was the best becaue it had vents on it to release the steam. Any opinions? I am just worried about the damage it mat cause. I have never used a staightner before. Thanks in advance.

Dry N' Style 1 1/2" Curling Iron / Straightener (CD99CS)

Model CD99CS

cd99_dtl.jpg

• 1 ½†Ceramic barrel
  • Dries, straightens and curls in one tool
  • Reduces styling time - dries damp hair & hot air feature as desired for fast results
  • Uniform Heat Recovery System
  • 60 Second Instant heat-up
  • 25 wet to dry variable heat settings
  • On / off switch for hot air flow
  • Dual Voltage
  • Automatic Shut-off
  • Two Year Limited Warranty

I haven't tried it - but I think it can be pretty decent, as long as you have it on the right setting for your hair type - so you won't burn it
wink.gif

Ok so my boyfriend bought me the Vidal Sassoon Professional, 2" Wet to Dry Straightener. I was so excited to use it, you know cut the whole blowdrying step out. So i finally got it home to try it out and i towel dryed my hair completly ( or so i thought lol ) then i straightened a peice and it seaped out the lil holes and burnt me on the face lol! So you got to be careful with the ones with the holes.

300.jpg

Originally Posted by l8dyluck Ok so my boyfriend bought me the Vidal Sassoon Professional, 2" Wet to Dry Straightener. I was so excited to use it, you know cut the whole blowdrying step out. So i finally got it home to try it out and i towel dryed my hair completly ( or so i thought lol ) then i straightened a peice and it seaped out the lil holes and burnt me on the face lol! So you got to be careful with the ones with the holes.
300.jpg

Ouch! I would not really want to use anything on my hair that has alot of heat on while still wet or damp for that matter. You would just be boiling your hair.

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Ouch! I would not really want to use anything on my hair that has alot of heat on while still wet or damp for that matter. You would just be boiling your hair. I agree. I think I'll just stick to my routine and dry my hair first.

Back