Concealer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where do you apply concealer?

I know its so basic but I have acne scars here and there but it seems like I should smear it all over my face.

I'm confused..
sleepyhead.gif

You put it wherever you have something you want to hide. So if you want to hide your scars then you'd put it on the scar.

Apply it on everything you want 2 hide

I am using Makeup forever concealer (5 CAMOUFLAGE CREAM PALETTE)

it's really great

I think it depends on your skin type also, and where on your face you're putting it.

For example, I have oily t-zone, so if I put concealer on my nose I want something that is liquidy and will kind of 'dry' if that makes sense - so I wouldn't use a cream concealer on my nose because it would slide right off!

There are also debates on whether to put concealer on before or after foundation - I think it's really up to the individual to find what works for them. I like to go: undereye concealer, then foundation, then concealer over blemishes or scars etc, then a little bit of powder to set.

You apply it anywhere needed. If you find you are using it all over your face, I suggest finding a foundation with more coverage.

i would apply a thin layer of foundation to even out the skintone, than conceal any area that still has any visible 'mark' . i pat the concealer instead of dabbing

Originally Posted by Um Azooz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Apply it on everything you want 2 hideI am using Makeup forever concealer (5 CAMOUFLAGE CREAM PALETTE)

it's really great

Those palettes are really confusing.

stupido.gif

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where do you apply concealer?I know its so basic but I have acne scars here and there but it seems like I should smear it all over my face.

I'm confused..
sleepyhead.gif

Hi,
After allowing moisturizer properly dry (2-5 mins after applying), I then apply primer. Once it has dried, with a damp sponge I'll apply medium to full coverage foundation (depending on the person's skin type). If your skin is oily, stay away from cream foundations. After the foundation has been applied, then I will use concealer only where needed.

Let the foundation do most of the work.

oh, so some applied concealer after foundation and some applied it before foundation.... It's really confused. Is it easy to be blent with foundation :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, same question with Sephoras girl, should concealer colour be lighter or the same with foundation?

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
After allowing moisturizer properly dry (2-5 mins after applying), I then apply primer. Once it has dried, with a damp sponge I'll apply medium to full coverage foundation (depending on the person's skin type). If your skin is oily, stay away from cream foundations. After the foundation has been applied, then I will use concealer only where needed.

Let the foundation do most of the work.

Leeza, oily skin stay away from cream foundation. You mean Liquid foundation? I have oily skin. But when i wear compact i have flakes.

Latest posts

Back