Conditioner for dry hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What conditioner would you recommend for super dry hair (that smells good too)?
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by smallpuppy What conditioner would you recommend for super dry hair (that smells good too)?
icon_eek.gif
My hair isn't quite super dry but I love Aussie 3 minute miracle, it smells pretty nice too.

I use the Herbal Essences conditioner too and i love it. My hair is super dry and I was having all sorts or trouble with it until I started using Herbal Essence. It is cheap, which is why i didn't try it earlier - I figured i had to pay a lot for it to work.

Charmaine: that is a good idea about using a spritz not and then!

I love Moisture Maniac by Tigi. Smells like pineapple and is a saviour for my dry hair.

I would try Biolage's Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm... it's awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And Welcome Terri! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!

ive been using pantene smooth and sleek and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it, smells awesome too, i cant stand fruity hair products and this is just a clean smell.

Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 ive been using pantene smooth and sleek and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it, smells awesome too, i cant stand fruity hair products and this is just a clean smell. Pantene is nice, but it has a lot of waxes, so you have to be careful to really rinse it out good if you have oily or fine hair
wink.gif

Oh... BTW - ALL Biolage products are on sale a Ulta... 2 for $15. You cxan mix n' match too
wink.gif

I got the Fortifying Heat Styler & the Ultra Conditioning Balm today actually
wink.gif
(love that stuff!)

For very dry hair look for a conditioner that contains some of the following, and the closer the ingredients are to the front of the list the better.

- Jojoba Oil, Hemp Oil, Avacado Oil, Emu Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol ( Vitamin B5), Algae Extracts( not common but it's a good humectants), Silk protein, Wheat protein, Soy Protein( especially good for dry hair types), Amino Acids, Collagen, Rosemary Essential oil, Lavendar Essential Oil.

If you can find a conditioner with some of these ingredeints it should help a lot, especially the Emu Oil, which does wonders for hair and a recent study showed it helped reactivate dormant hair follicles by 30%.

good luck and keep us posted if you find a product that works=)

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh... BTW - ALL Biolage products are on sale a Ulta... 2 for $15. You cxan mix n' match too
wink.gif

I got the Fortifying Heat Styler & the Ultra Conditioning Balm today actually
wink.gif
(love that stuff!)

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I would try Biolage's Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm... it's awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And Welcome Terri! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!

I did try that and it just wasn't moisturizing enough..I got better results with Nexxus Humectress
frown.gif

Anything by Nexxus is great. Super mosturizing and great especially if you color you hair. I suggest Keraphix and Humectress. A little pricey but well worth it!

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I did try that and it just wasn't moisturizing enough..I got better results with Nexxus Humectress
frown.gif
Really? For me its the opposite, the Nexxus was too light. Needed something thicker..
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back