conditioning hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my friends once told me that if you leave conditioner on your hair for a really long time, then it can make your hair fall out. Has anyone heard that? When I deep condition, I leave it in for like 30-45 min. I don't want to ruin my hair though! Also how often should you deep condition? I do it weekly, but is more than that OK? I love how my hair looks and feels after I use a hair masque!

P.S. Does 350 posts = 4 hearts? I think I might finally have my 4th heart!

Woohoo! It does! OK I'm a princess talker now which is way better than being a senior talker which just kinda made me feel old
smile.gif

I have never heard of that before. When I use hot oil on my hair, I will sometimes leave it on for close to an hour because it makes my hair healthier (at least in my mind it does).

Congrats on being a princess!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Deep conditioning is okay to do as often as needed, protein treatments should be done maybe twice a month depending on your hair structure. Watch out for silicones though, I would alway deep cleanse before any heavy conditioner to remove all build-up that way you get full effect of your conditioners. Makes sence? Hope so, I seem to confuse myself half the time.

i know some are left ofr overnight. jutst don't know which ones.

congrats princes talker!

Yeah - extra protein can make your hair actually look drier. And as far as deep conditioners go - you'll just end up with greasy hair and limp locks at the worst (usually... there always seems to be that one exception out there that does something simple and comes in with WTF happened to you!?!? hair)
wink.gif

OK good...maybe that was his way of trying to convince me not to waste so much time on my hair or something!

Latest posts

Back