Confidense: How They Get it

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What Makes People Feel Confident?

I scoured the net to find out. Here are my random findings. It’s interesting to see how different people answer this question. Take a look: ...

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-

Raise your hand-

you got it!

Raise your hand -

you know it!

You feel confident, Secure!

Raise your hand, raise your hand if you’re Sure!!!!

All I have to do is whisper to myself the name of the girl I love.
It works all the time.

I'm never really confident, so I try to appear overconfident in some situations. Speaking loudly, laughing loudly... being plain obnoxious.

Whatever situation it is, I just get myself really motivated by something--- that I CAN do it, I'm going to prove I'm right and I can do this, etc. That kinda burns away all the doubts and fear that I have and helps me go with the flow.

Don’t over analyze what you are doing, or thinking …Choose what’s right for you, and don’t worry about anyone else.

The greatest thing about being stylish is having your own identity. You don't need to look like everyone else or fit a certain mold; instead you need to figure out what makes you feel confident and sport that. (from askmen.com)

Practice.

I feel confident when things are going well for me and those around me.

I boost my confidence by doing something productive, cleaning, reading, studying... I jack up my confidence by repeating in my head what people say about me and after a while I start questioning myself....

A good strong deodorant.

Yes, overall I feel quite confident. What makes me more confident is to know that I've done a job well and that I am respected.

I'm generally not much at all. However, I have come to realize that it is much more a state of mind than a state of being. For the most part I don't really have any reason not to be … just can't help it sometimes. My wife is very good at making me feel confident. She has had some very nice things to say about me at times that really boost me up. Not a whole lot else matters to me all that much.

I'm confident because although I know I've failed at some things, I've learned from them.

I think I'm a pretty confident person as long as the important things in my life are well within my control.

I've faked confidence long enough that it's actually become confidence… I just keep plugging. Longevity builds confidence.

I am becoming more confident. I used to feel not confident at all since I am a cashier and people can be all "you are just a lowly cashier" and treat me as that. WELL that ALL CHANGED NOW! I got confident...not too much I don't think, but having even my small little book biz and seeing it do so well is a booster. I do still get very shy in large crowds. This makes me not seem nice or just short with people or just ignore people. I am working on that.

Compliments and acknowledgments boost my confidence.
I often receive both at home and at work, so I am always feeling good about myself.

I’m confident when competent.

Running. Running makes me feel great about who I am. The longer and more strenuous the run, the better. I know I'm doing something good for my body and at the same time it gives me a chance to reflect inwardly.

Nice post Ryan! This was super muy interesante

Originally Posted by Californian

What Makes People Feel Confident?

I scoured the net to find out. Here are my random findings. It’s interesting to see how different people answer this question. Take a look: ...
Raise your hand-
you got it!
Raise your hand -
you know it!
You feel confident, Secure!
Raise your hand, raise your hand if you’re Sure!!!!

All I have to do is whisper to myself the name of the girl I love. It works all the time.

I'm never really confident, so I try to appear overconfident in some situations. Speaking loudly, laughing loudly... being plain obnoxious.​
Whatever situation it is, I just get myself really motivated by something--- that I CAN do it, I'm going to prove I'm right and I can do this, etc. That kinda burns away all the doubts and fear that I have and helps me go with the flow.
Don’t over analyze what you are doing, or thinking …Choose what’s right for you, and don’t worry about anyone else.

The greatest thing about being stylish is having your own identity. You don't need to look like everyone else or fit a certain mold; instead you need to figure out what makes you feel confident and sport that. (from askmen.com)

Practice.

I feel confident when things are going well for me and those around me.

I boost my confidence by doing something productive, cleaning, reading, studying... I jack up my confidence by repeating in my head what people say about me and after a while I start questioning myself....

A good strong deodorant.

Yes, overall I feel quite confident. What makes me more confident is to know that I've done a job well and that I am respected.

I'm generally not much at all. However, I have come to realize that it is much more a state of mind than a state of being. For the most part I don't really have any reason not to be … just can't help it sometimes. My wife is very good at making me feel confident. She has had some very nice things to say about me at times that really boost me up. Not a whole lot else matters to me all that much.

I'm confident because although I know I've failed at some things, I've learned from them.

I think I'm a pretty confident person as long as the important things in my life are well within my control.

I've faked confidence long enough that it's actually become confidence… I just keep plugging. Longevity builds confidence.

I am becoming more confident. I used to feel not confident at all since I am a cashier and people can be all "you are just a lowly cashier" and treat me as that. WELL that ALL CHANGED NOW! I got confident...not too much I don't think, but having even my small little book biz and seeing it do so well is a booster. I do still get very shy in large crowds. This makes me not seem nice or just short with people or just ignore people. I am working on that.

Compliments and acknowledgments boost my confidence.

I often receive both at home and at work, so I am always feeling good about myself.

I’m confident when competent.

Running. Running makes me feel great about who I am. The longer and more strenuous the run, the better. I know I'm doing something good for my body and at the same time it gives me a chance to reflect inwardly.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Nice post Ryan! This was super muy interesante Thank you guys for the feedback. I think I'll submit another one then.
127banner8.jpg

Thanks for posting that Cali, your timing is exceptional. I have not been feeling as confident as usual lately. The interviewing process can make you lose a bit of confidence but this surely helps!! Abrazos!!

Back