Confused gal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi folks! really confused about highlighters/shimmers. Are you meant to apply after foundation/powder and over bronzer or do you use instead of bronzer? Also, is kajal the same sort of thing as eyeliners? as you can see when it comes to make-up i'm pretty clueless!!!

Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 hi folks! really confused about highlighters/shimmers. Are you meant to apply after foundation/powder and over bronzer or do you use instead of bronzer? Also, is kajal the same sort of thing as eyeliners? as you can see when it comes to make-up i'm pretty clueless!!! highlighters and shimmers are finishing applications, otherwise they will dilute.

Originally Posted by summerly highlighters and shimmers are finishing applications, otherwise they will dilute. Welcome to MUT!

thanks for replies! ive heard that the bobby brown shimmerbricks are fab. anyone reccomend them. are they best applied without bronzers?

Hey shaztaf2003, i adore Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks. And i use bronzer every day and apply my BB bronze shimmerbrick then as my highlighter so to answer your question i dont think they are best applied without bronzer

Summerly: I dont understand that you can't reply because her options dont allow. There is a REPLY button at the end of every post! If you have any problems just PM me

They're all so pretty Trisha! drool:icon_love Thank God we don't have those counters over here, or I wouldn't be buying groceries, but makeup instead!

Originally Posted by summerly i can't reply. b/c your options don't allow.[email protected]

Not sure what you mean. Did you click on
reply_small.gif
to reply?

the shimmmerbricks look gorgeous! do you wear them with any colour lipsticks or do you have colour co0ordinate them for example, pink shimmers with pink lipsticks etc? the bodyshop do a similar sort of thing to BB shimmerbricks for about half the price, but dont know if they are any good.

Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 the shimmmerbricks look gorgeous! do you wear them with any colour lipsticks or do you have colour co0ordinate them for example, pink shimmers with pink lipsticks etc? the bodyshop do a similar sort of thing to BB shimmerbricks for about half the price, but dont know if they are any good. the body shop ones are pretty good, I have the Shimmer Waves in Bronze which was a limited edition last year. they just came out with a similar one. my friend bought it and let me use it once, it´s really gorgeous too. I just still like my Shimmer Waves better.
the only negative thing I could say about it is: if you use the colors as e/s, the color fades throughout the day, but it lasts pretty well on my cheeks when I use it as bronzer/blush

i usually apply my shimmer over blush, especially if i have shimmer on my eyes. i normally apply it last so that it will show up and not be blended in to the powder. i use mac's honour blush, skinfinish, or golden bronze loose powder, which all work great as h/l or shimmer and can be applied with or without blush.

Latest posts

Back