CONTEST- BHCosmetics Time for a Change (CLOSED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a change with my skin! I used to try every type of skin cleanser hoping to find the right one for my skin. Until I realized that when I was in high school, I just used plain old *hot water* and never had a breakout! So now that is my daily routine and my skin is loving it!

I just cut my hair off after years of wearing it long.  I love it!!!!

Well being in high school is just difficult in general so changing your look can really scare people and make them judge you hard core. well i have dyed my hair blue, purple, and red and doing that made me realize that i love doing hair and wearing radical makeup to school :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i used to have hair that went past my shoulders and i chopped it all off into a pixie cut. it was a huge change. i got made fun of and called rude names from people who didn't even know me but its worth getting up every morning and not having to do anything with your hair. now people think im the cool kid who loves to change her hair color. im not afriad of people or their opinions anymore. i love who i am and being weird and different and unique scares people because there jealous of the courage i have to be myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> <3 just always love yourself and even if your scared to do something, DO IT!! its worth being bold and taking risks. you only have one life so live it up!

When I first got to the stage in my ungergrad career that I started entering classrooms as an actual teacher (to middle schoolers, no less) I realized that I had to swap out my normal college girl look for a more professional look. I went to more neutral eyes with much less liner, and more understated lips. I began to focus more on glowy skin, and great blushes/highlighters.

well just recently i started to wear more makeup and apply it the right way..and also in high school i cut my hair to my shoulders and i always had long long hair people went nuts when i cut it lol

I'm in grade 12 right now and my graduation is in just a week. Now that I look back on my school career it was one huge whirlwind of change for me. I started off grade 7 with long blonde hair and by the end of grade 9 I had dyed it every different color and chopped it off to my shoulders. I went into grade 10, dyed my hair back blonde and have been growing it out ever since. My makeup has slowly evolved from a grungy eyeliner crazy look to a more tame but still creative look, I still love to experiment with color and shape but my liquid liner skill has improved and it's alot more tame. My look is still forever changing, I don't expect to look the same even a year from now. I'm looking at getting a tattoo, buying extensions, and I just recently pierced my belly button. I love to change up my look.

xoxo Leah Pye

The biggest change I ever had was I guess "accidental". With my tenth grade picture quickly approaching and my favorite hairstylist out on maternity leave I was stuck with the choice, get my hair cut at a place I know nothing about or taking my picture with a very shaggy style, curly. I had thick, curly hair which I did not have a clue how to control. Well I waited until the weekend before and made my choice...a mall haircut it was. I gave the lady instructions which basically were "I want my hair to look like hers", while I was pointing at another hair stylist. Her reply was "Ok, but hers is grown out some". As I saw inch after inch drop off I began to freak out a little more and more. Well once I was done and I look in the mirror all I could say was "Sh*t".I'm not going to even try to describe the . But after an hour ride home of being reassured by my mom I thought "maybe it's not that " However, after going home and having my boyfriend refer to me as his "cute little boy" I became one determined "cute little boy" My mother had a whole drawer of makeup. Now I was at the point where I wore makeup some, but not much and never eye make up. I was just funny about it. Well this was a changing moment in my life! I discovered purple eyeliner, after a little bit of work, looked great on my green eyes. Then along with some white shimmery eye shadows (don't judge, this was the '90s) and along with some mascara and I looked liked a girl again. Even though my hair was still bad, I still look at pictures of it and cringe, I realized that I could still look cute and like a girl, with just a little bit of makeup! So this drastic change in my hair helped introduce me to an even drastic change, me using makeup, especially eye makeup!

Even as I got older I have realized the importance of feeling good about myself and helping others to feel that way and hoe makeup can help with that! After volunteering in a battered woman‘s sheltered for my sorority , I learned how much a new makeup look or a new hair style can really change a woman‘s life. It helps them to see that they are so much better than the situation that they ended up in and that what happened in the past does not define who you are. By giving a makeover with makeup and new haircut, you can help them change their lives and help women see both their inner and outer beauty!

In one year I lost two grandmothers, our family dog, and it ended with my dad passing away. That was really one tough year for me. I never thought that I’d lose my dad so soon. It was really unexpected and I didn’t see it coming. I always thought that he would be around to see me eventually walk down the aisle. He was a person I could always turn to and had my back. Not having him around forced me to change. It took me a while to move forward. I know that’s what he would want me to do. In the time since that year I’ve become more confident, independent and came out of my shell a bit. I’ve learned how important family is and that you shouldn’t take time for granted.

I feel I’ve changed since then. I figured life is too short and you need to take advantage of the time you have. I actually tried new things and found out a lot of stuff about myself. One of them has been makeup. Before I wouldn’t even bother with it but now I find it fun to experiment with looks. I’ve actually gone back to school and am graduating after this semester. I’m taking a jump into a new career. Hoping things will work out in my favor. 

The biggest change I have ever made to my look was when I cut 10 inches off of my hair last year! At the time I was in the Air Force which had very strict rules on how women could wear their hair: if long it had to be in a tight bun, if short it had to be cut above the collar. Well I had been wearing tight buns for two years and needed a change! I decided to let my hair grow until it was long enough to donate to make wigs for women with cancer. I let it grow until I had the 10 inch minimum needed to donate and went and got it chopped off! I rocked that short look and felt great about what I had done. Now a year later I am back to longer hair and letting it grow out again.This big change made me think that I might make donating my hair an every other year tradition!

My biggest changes began last September (2011) when I left my home in the UK and moved permanently to the USA and got Married
nite.gif

This was a long journey which began around 8 years ago, when I first "met" my now Husband across the ocean via the Internett
mad.gif

We stood strong throughout many troubles which a long-distance, trans-atlantic relationship can and does throw at you and today, after 8 years, 14 trans-atlantic flights, a lot of hard work, 1 divorce, 1 marriage and 1 long visa "journey" we're finally living together and happily married.

We will be celebrating or 1st Anniversary in October this year!
sdrop.gif

That is MY biggest change story. Thank-you so much for the Giveaway, hope I am lucky.

I'm already following BH Cosmetics on Twitter and a FB fan.
yaya.gif

The biggest change I made was while I was visiting my sister some years back. I was so tired of my hair ( it was down to my calves). After visiting with her, I decide to cut it, and I did, all the way up to my shoulders. It took some getting used to, but I am glad I did it. Very long hair, can be a pain. I went through another big change recently and started wearing a full face of makeup. I usually only worn translucent powder and lipstick. Now, it's the full works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

"Like" BH Cosmetics on Facebook as Lisa Brown

Follow BH Cosmetics on Twitter as lulu_brown24

Subscribe to BH Cosmetics on YouTube as FrangiePani

Follow BH Cosmetics on Google + as Lisa Brown

Thank you!

The biggest change I made to my look is my weight loss, after I (thankfully) got and stayed sober from alcohol 3 years ago.     

Since then I have got my "mojo" back, my attitude back and self-confidence back and gained a Husband lol.

I slowly but surely lost a lot of weight gained from alcohol abuse.  At 5ft 2 in height I went from 177lbs down now to 130lbs and feel fantastic and sexy.
smilehappyyes.gif

My new addiction (other than my new Husband lol) is now my makeup and fashion
patches.gif

Thank-you so much for the chance to enter to win BH Cosmetics.

I am a follower on Twitter, FB fan AND You Tube Subscriber of BH Cosmetics.

I have been thinking about it. I haven't myself, made any drastic changes to my everyday look, but I have experimented today actually. I have been giving it deep thought, and even though I cannot say I have yet, I want to, and hope to very soon. For reasons I would rather not say, I dislike myself. My looks.... my body, it has all been on my mind for the past 13 years of my 25 year life, and I just cannot sit by anymore. I need to do something. I have never been a makeup-crazed person, but today specifically, I have ran and tested a few things.....mainly trying to get eyeliner working with me, over being against me. I want to learn the steps on how to make myself look natural, the steps on foundation, bronzer, and all that. I have lived in a family with mostly males my whole life, so we all have been pretty.....natural. I want to finally step my game up and let the real me be known. While today isn't the "first" step into this, it was definitely a bigger day. I have been trying for the past few days now, and am determined to push myself. I am making small progress, but progress nevertheless, and I figure this week has been a step into a new light to me..... a very fulfilling, and very "changing" way for me.

This event may not have happened yet for me, but I swear, I am going to hit the apex of this journey of mine one day. If only I had a second hand to help me though. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

the time i changed was when i turned 20 i stated to wear more mature colors and hold back on the bold bright colors now im a more neutral palette i find as i get older my style is toned down quite a bit! also my fashion style has changed as well as my beauty style i dress more conservative then i used to but i still have a little teen still in me! i wear cute tees with my little pony on it:p sometimes i will wear some funky color eyeshadows but its not everyday like it used to be.

1.Following Via FB: Myra Rzepa

2.Following via Twitter: subs0nicd3pths1

3.Subscribed via Youtube: Myra Rzepa

4.Following via Google+ & 1+ : Myra Rzepa

Name:Myra Rzepa

Email:[email protected]

I had a baby six months ago and pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding/post pregnancy hormones made a fairly radical change in my makeup look necessary. Before I never wore any foundation besides an occasional translucent powder for mattifying effects. Over the past few months, I've realized I need a green-tinted redness concealer, a regular flesh-toned concealer for under the eyes, liquid foundation to finish evening out my skin tone, powder foundation to soften the liquid look, and primer to keep all of that on my face. I actually look better than I did with no foundation pre-baby. And I can use blush now! Before there was enough natural blush that it wasn't needed. 

I followed on Facebook (www.facebook.com/gobbledygooky) Twitter (@storieherself) Youtube (JeshJeshJesh) and Google (Slitlily, Jessie Storie)

wow ..time for a change for me...my youngest son just had his high school grad.now its time for me me ...After being a stay at home mom for 26 years..time for me to get back out to the work force..nothing is going to stop me..winning all this make up  would be a great start to my new me...

I had been debating about getting my long dark brown hair cut really short. I loved when Katie Holmes cut her hair and my look was similar. I was getting married though and wanted long hair for the wedding. I held off and after the wedding, we drove from Winnipeg (where we are from) to Fargo, for an after-wedding honeymoon for the weekend. I decided that I didn't want to wait any longer! We went to a mall, found a hair salon, and I asked the stylist to cut my hair off. She was nervous and did it in increments but in the end, I had a cute short bob and loved it! A new life together and a drastic new grown-up haircut. It made me feel alive!

When I was 20 years old I decided I needed a new look for my new decade. So, when the tatoo artist didn't show up for my appointment (Thank God for that one!), I ended up going to the salon and having my medium brown hair dyed blonde. I had taken a picture with me of what I looked like as a kid with blonde hair to show the stylist the color I wanted (sandy blonde). Yet somehow I ended up a dark strawberry blonde instead!! I didn't find the shade to be very flattering, and spent the next month out in the sun as much as possible to lighten it up. I had it dyed back to brown as soon as it was safe to do so. 15 years later, I'm blonde again. This time, I did it myself!

From jet black chemically straightened hair to natural curly bright blonde hair! I never knew how to work with my natural hair, so I ALWAYS relaxed it. I then decided I wanted a change, and bleached it bright blonde! Knowing I was doing alot to my hair, I decided to let it chill out and leave it alone. I couldn't be bothered to try and straighten my hair everyday via straightener (which would cause the damage I was trying to avoid). One day, I had to rush out of the house on an errand---but my hair was soaking wet from the shower! I had to just run out and go carry about my business. Lo and behold, beautiful coils emerged! My natural hair had begun growing out the relaxer, and my natural hair found its own way to curl and style itself! I got SO many complements that day, and lots of people were asking me how I got my hair that way. It made me more open to working with what I naturally have, vs altering it before I even give it a chance!

Liked, followed, etc everything! <3

I have made a change to my look recently when I became a single mother. I 'let go' of myself while I was in a relationship and never felt good about myself. Feeling sorry for yourself wont make things better. Getting back to work and taking the extra half hour to fix up my hair and apply makeup made me feel so much better about myself, I am no longer insecure and ready to get on with my life as a single mother.....for now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back