CONTEST- BHCosmetics Time for a Change (CLOSED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My most recent change in appearance occurred in February when I donated my hair to locks of love.  I had donated my hair once before, and decided that any time my hair was long enough, i would cut it all off to donate.  My hair was to my lower back, and now it is a layered bob.  I love my shorter hairstyle, but many people were shocked at the drastic change in appearance.  The funniest thing is that i normally look really really young, and this cut has made me look both younger and older, depending on the person and i guess how I wear my hair that day.

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago and wanted to revamp myself as well. With the money I save from buying cigarettes, I've been buying better beauty products and things to help me look and feel better. I have more energy now, I've been going on 5k runs which has been helping me slim down, and I've been playing around with my makeup and learning to apply it in different ways. I'm so much happier and healther now and it really has been showing in how I look now which is a HUGE change!

This whole year has also been a new look for me. I cut off 12 inches of my hair and wore makeup starting in January for the first time since my dance recitals!! I also got contacts after 6 years of wearing glasses! I was going through a break up and wanted to some things for ME and make myself look good and feel good for myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love having routines in the morning now, and knowing that no matter what happens and how stressed I am with daily things, I can always try out a new blush or eyeliner and feel like i've accomplished something fun for myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a tattoo when I moved in with my sister in Maine; she got one as well, and it was the best bonding expirence we ever had together, and it looks great!

And now I get to make a fourth one. -blushes- I'm already liked, following, subbed, and following on G+ of BHCosmetics. 

A few months ago I had the change of my life, I became a mum.

Another big change was a few years ago when I gained some weight after being skinny for a long time. Everybody said that I looked better this way.

A change that I have tried more than once is from blonde to become a brunette, I love black hair.

(I follow on Twitter, You tube, Google+ page)

After I had my first child, I chopped all my hair off!

Change is a scary yet necessary part of life. Life is too short not to take in everything life has to offer right? Righhht! 
smilehappyyes.gif

I've never been really conducted a major change in my appearance... like chopping off all my locks or going from brunette to platinum blonde.  My fashion has never gone from boring to runway.  I think whatever fashion/beauty phases I go through sort of overlap each other and fade in or out naturally. 

However, I look at makeup as an accessory to life.  Everyday it changes.  I never apply my makeup the same way twice.  Granted it's usually a subtle change, like a different hue or finish of a color.  But some days require a bold lip, or a bold winged eye or a pop of neon color 
icon_biggrin.gif
  There are just too many options not to change it up a little or a lot here and there as your mood sees fit!

So really everyday I look forward to the challenge of a new canvas to paint that is my face 
wink.gif

AS a teenager in the 90s i wore a lot of dark makeup. specifically dark red-brown lips/ i had nothing but variations of that color for years and years - eventually i looked in the mirror and hated it  - now all i wear on my lips is a stain in "my lips but better" shade and either balm or gloss on top. never again, dark lips!

My biggest change came this year, not long after I joined this forum. I've always been pretty lazy, and I hated using foundation because it was so heavy. The problem is, I have fairly noticeable acne. It's not super severe, but it does stand out on my bad days. I never did anything about it and always felt very self-conscious. It was MUT, actually, that turned me on to tinted moisturizers and beauty balm creams. I always wear some light coverage every day now, and my confidence levels have never been better. I realized that there's a great solution out there for everyone, as long as you know where to look!

I went to hair dressing school when i was 18 -19  
it was the year i had FINALLY gotta my hair past my shoulders after not having it long since grade 1 
One of the girls in my school was having a rough time learning how to cut hair and i should. 
i have alot i could let her do a few trims and hopefully it will help her out more than using a mannequin well i looked up 
( i promised i wouldnt look in the mirror cause she still was quite nervous) she had cut my hair up to my hairline and about two inches left around my face
it was a horrible 90's bowl cut without a bowl. It's finally just touching my collar bones ( i just turned 21 )  and i dont regret it although my hair was my security blanket
that girls an amazing hair dresser now and one of my very best friends 

I think the reason I like make up so much is because I LOVE change. I have had my hair every natural and non-natural color there is. I embrace that make up can do so many different looks. I have a very diverse wardrobe. I have four very different looks that I rotate weekly, and sometimes I mix them together for a unique, and make up always tops off each look. I have a goth look, a dressy girly girl look, a bohemian look, and a vintage look. I think change is good and it feels good to be able to drastically change my look each day to fit my mood!

i grew up a chubby kid and teenager. probably 30 lbs over weight for most of my life from the time i could remember. in high school i had a few friends that were slightly overweight but our freshmen year together they all somehow lost weight without me even noticing. by the end of the school year i notice how great they all look and i wasn't even trying to lose weight...so i decided i must get in shape to look good too.  it took a year and a half and i lost about 40 lbs.  at that weight i was at 124 lbs for my 5'3" height.  even tho my body changed my self image and self esteem was still working to get where my body was.  i have come to terms with myself image and am happy now.  i don't really know when it happened but i think it is/was gradual throughout the year.  i think my weight loss was a change that was a starting point in my acceptance of my self image.  you always expect instant gratification but nothing ever really is that way and if it is it never lasts. 

After happily using the same foundation makeup for a LONG time, I've recently accepted that it's time for a new foundation. As I've gotten older, my old pan cake foundation just doesn't look good anymore, so I've switched to liquid foundation with more moisture in it. Haven't found THE foundation yet, but I'll keep on looking until I do. 
smile.gif

Once upon a time, I went crazy and changed my hair color. But it wasn't just any old hair color change... it was fire engine RED! My favorite band is Paramore and yeah yeah yeah, I love their lead singer. I just wanted to try it out and see how it looked on me! While I don't think I have the skin tone to pull off that bright coppery red she has, I feel like I looked really good with a deeper cherry hue. It was a really fun time in my life. Don't think I'll do it again anytime soon, though!

The biggest change to my appearance has happened this week!  I have always had long to mid-back length black hair (natural colour) and I have just had an A-line bob cut and today bleached it blonde! Blonde isn't the colour I intend - it's going to be light brown - but I had to pre-lighten. And I must say, I kind of like the gingery-blonde colours hahaha. I can see the light hair out of the corner of my eye and it seems so strange but I really like the difference. But the colour, on top of the short cut, is very daring for me.

I think the photos will describe my CHANGE better than my words.

Before university and during university years

I have been trying for years to try and change my look to be more confident in myself.  So, I recently dyed my hair red.  It was a huge change for me.  I loved it, but for some reason it didn't make me feel any better.  I have found that I am much happier and confident when I am myself:)

The biggest change I ever made to my look happened the year I decided to quit my job as an Optometric technician and start up my own business doing what I love (animal care). I had always felt as though my professional jobs prevented me from letting my personality shine through with their strict dress codes. Everything from my hair color, makeup, even nail polish had to be specific colors for me to keep my job and I'd been doing it since I was 16. 

This was my hair before. I'd never dyed it or even had it cut shorter than almost to my belly button. Everyone said I was crazy to touch it since having light blonde hair naturally is rare. 

The day after I left my job my boyfriend and I decided to be spontaneous. We bought some red and orange manic panic dyes and shearing scissors and went to town on my hair. I cut exactly 12 inches off and donated it to locks of love

We took a picture as soon as we were done and I don't think I could have loved it more. It made me feel so liberated!!! 
laughing.gif

"Liked" BH cosmetics

Follow BH cosmetics on Twitter 

Subscribe to BH cosmetics on Youtube 

The biggest change Ive had was definitely in my style of makeup as well as going from having my Medusa pierced( middle of upper lip), two implant piercings on my chest and large gauges in my ears. Also, I had reddish dark brown hair that was about shoulder length. I now only have my ears gauged to a smaller size then before and my hair is bleach blond and in a short bob cut, I also do my makeup a lot better after going to school for aesthetics and taking makeup classes, as well as joining this makeup talk forum. I have learned a lot of technique's and love doing my friends and family's makeup just for fun and entering in the contest on here. I have also lost weight and now very happy with myself at this point in my life, because I am healthy and have a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend, family and friends. 
heart.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back