Cory Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you for your post! I think I have to stop sampling..becouse I think I tried all the MMU brands.. lol :)Im waiting for samples from Dreamworld and Pure Luxe..

I heard SN has a heavier coverage foundation in the works too but I don't know when or if it might be released.Dream World isn't bad - but the foundation is awfully "heavy" on my face. I don't know if my skin would like that every day -

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard SN has a heavier coverage foundation in the works too but I don't know when or if it might be released.Dream World isn't bad - but the foundation is awfully "heavy" on my face. I don't know if my skin would like that every day -

yes.. I heard about Drem too.. this is the reason that I think I will like those.. what is SN ? THANK YOU ALOT!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes.. I heard about Drem too.. this is the reason that I think I will like those.. what is SN ? THANK YOU ALOT!

Oh sorry! - Silk Naturals.If I could get everything of theirs to work for me I would because everything is very reasonably priced, they ship very fast, they have a lot of colors and a lot of "famous brand" dupe colors, and they seem to get things done in a timely manner (none of this endless waiting you seem to get from some other companies.) It seems if Karen of Silk Naturals says she is going to do something, simply put - she does. And if not, she has a timely explanation as to why. This is just the type of company I'd rather do business with - business-like, no drama.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I heard SN has a heavier coverage foundation in the works too but I don't know when or if it might be released.Dream World isn't bad - but the foundation is awfully "heavy" on my face. I don't know if my skin would like that every day -

Hi, just wondering which DW formula you're sampling? i know Ellie has a couple, one that gives lighter coverage and another heavier? thanks!

Originally Posted by skinaddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, just wondering which DW formula you're sampling? i know Ellie has a couple, one that gives lighter coverage and another heavier? thanks! I only have 2 samples - one in Sands and one in Luna. I find the Sands to be just as heavy as the Luna, even though Sands is technically the "medium" coverage formula. There is one lighter one - the Mists that I haven't tried.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh sorry! - Silk Naturals.If I could get everything of theirs to work for me I would because everything is very reasonably priced, they ship very fast, they have a lot of colors and a lot of "famous brand" dupe colors, and they seem to get things done in a timely manner (none of this endless waiting you seem to get from some other companies.) It seems if Karen of Silk Naturals says she is going to do something, simply put - she does. And if not, she has a timely explanation as to why. This is just the type of company I'd rather do business with - business-like, no drama.

thank you so much for the post!! have a great week!

I just found out cory,it's awesome MMU actually so far it's the best.I used to like meow..but now I love Cory better..why?it gives great great coverage,the result is brightening the face and so creamy without feeling heavy at all!

I just made a full size order,and so far Cory gave fast responses.I like it.

i super love cory cosmetics. i love her cream foundation.... her concealers are great too. fast shipping to the philippines, i got my order in less than 1 month.

I hope someday Cory can be more "well known"..since it has awsome MMU stuffs!

I have tried different brands..and Cory is the winner!

incase cory's website looks not professional..I think cory has to upgrade her website.

Hi,

I just received my cory samples yesterday. The shipping was fast though even to singapore. It took about 7 days to reach me..wow! I tried the foundation this morning..it didnt suit me..kind of too white for my face...but no choice i was late for work and went to work with that foundation..hahah lucky no one said anything..

It made me look so oily after a few hours? I still got about 4 other shades to try, hopefully it will suit me.

I had to blot my face twice as it was very oily. My whole face looked nice in the morning but mid-day it didnt. What is wrong, my application or the colour shade. I am using an oil free moisturiser. Is it too soon to say that it doesnt suit me or should i just try out the brand and see how it goes. I have also ordered from Monave and sheer miracle hoping to find that will suit me. It will take a while to reach me I guess. I have tried Pure Luxe, it oxidises me alot. I am having breakouts alot on my forehead which I dun normally get, is it because of MM.

I really want to find a good mineral that will suit me.

Hope to hear ur views.

thks

emma

I would keep testing out cory. i initially thought all the colors were too light but found that i needed to test almost every single color and allow them to oxidize on my face before i found a match. cory is also a more difficult foundation to blend onto the skin because there is no mica. it's quite a challenge actually to learn how to blend it. make sure to use very little foundation as cory becomes quite cakey and white if you use too much.

i don't have a perfect match in cory but find when i do the above and follow with a colored finisher, it looks pretty good.

I just got my samples from Cory today, and I have to say that the foundation wasn't for me. It was heavy and whitish, and then there were these occasional reddish streaks.
frown.gif
I was disappointed, because she is one of the few companies that offers a peach tone, and it was actually pretty close in color.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,I just received my cory samples yesterday. The shipping was fast though even to singapore. It took about 7 days to reach me..wow! I tried the foundation this morning..it didnt suit me..kind of too white for my face...but no choice i was late for work and went to work with that foundation..hahah lucky no one said anything..

It made me look so oily after a few hours? I still got about 4 other shades to try, hopefully it will suit me.

I had to blot my face twice as it was very oily. My whole face looked nice in the morning but mid-day it didnt. What is wrong, my application or the colour shade. I am using an oil free moisturiser. Is it too soon to say that it doesnt suit me or should i just try out the brand and see how it goes. I have also ordered from Monave and sheer miracle hoping to find that will suit me. It will take a while to reach me I guess. I have tried Pure Luxe, it oxidises me alot. I am having breakouts alot on my forehead which I dun normally get, is it because of MM.

I really want to find a good mineral that will suit me.

Hope to hear ur views.

thks

emma

since you are in Singapore, try Alima mmu at Skin Story in the Central Mall.....you can try them at the salon and buy very generous samples too of anything...for me, Alima worked well in the singapore heat when I was living there.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif what you mean by saying oxidize on your face? "oxidize" means the MMU mixed with air and the oils on your face and changes color on the skin. (i think, though that isn't the official scientific definition). foundation on people with oily skin tends to turn darker - that's why i can wear buff beige or else it would be too light for me.

Originally Posted by skinaddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif "oxidize" means the MMU mixed with air and the oils on your face and changes color on the skin. (i think, though that isn't the official scientific definition). foundation on people with oily skin tends to turn darker - that's why i can wear buff beige or else it would be too light for me. thank you so much for your explanation!

Originally Posted by paast10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif since you are in Singapore, try Alima mmu at Skin Story in the Central Mall.....you can try them at the salon and buy very generous samples too of anything...for me, Alima worked well in the singapore heat when I was living there. Hi thanks for the above. I will try them out soon. Am waiting for my samples from sheer miracle and monave. If this two brands doesnt work for me than I will try alima.

thks

emma

Back