Cory Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mav

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been trying to e-mail Cory Cosmetics and haven't been able to get through. Does anyone know if they are closed down or still in operation? Thanks bunches.

I just placed an order the other day, so I know she is not closed down. I also had to email her w/a question via the website and it went through b/c I got the auto response. She is a "one-woman" show, so she doesn't always respond to emails as quickly as you'd like, but try again and see what happens.

I've ordered from her recently too and order processing and shipping time has been good. I've emailed and gotten responses from her recently too - but it's pretty random as to when she'll respond and how quickly. From info I've gotten on other forums, this is pretty common with Cory apparently.

Thanks ladies! I've been a bit worried since I wanted to place an order and read on another thread that she may be "closing down." I also just received an auto response from her so no more worries
smile.gif

dont worry gals!

Cory is very busy but the site is open. I'v got from her some samples one week ago.

thank you

SIM

I wanted to say even though i can't find a color match with cory as of yet, i love her products. her blushes and eyeshadows are amazing.

just to update - i found a color match in cory and bought a FS. i love her foundation for its coverage, great ingredients and value
smile.gif

Just curious - I ordered foundation samples from Cory about a month ago. When they arrived they were all blotchy and chunky with red/orange bits. It was a complete disaster and I was not about to try it on my skin. They all went into the trash. I tried to contact her (a month ago!) and still haven't received a response... so I guess my question is has anyone ever received a response? Good thing I am not out a whole bunch of money or I would be raising hell (although she charged $4.60 shipping for a .69 cent stamp.)

I have heard both sides of the story, either silence or she responds with very nice emails. I haven't tried emailing her but my experience with her has been nothing but positive.

i would try and contact her again. her shipping is a bit steep, but she did send my samples in a priority envelope so i didn't feel too ripped off. the FS has no red blotches so i am relieved. it's worth it to try to contact her though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by skinaddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have heard both sides of the story, either silence or she responds with very nice emails. I haven't tried emailing her but my experience with her has been nothing but positive.
i would try and contact her again. her shipping is a bit steep, but she did send my samples in a priority envelope so i didn't feel too ripped off. the FS has no red blotches so i am relieved. it's worth it to try to contact her though
smile.gif

I am in Canada so it took about 3 weeks to arrive (regular mail, not priority). I was really excited to try her foundation but couldn't bring myself to put it on my face. I have heard other stories about gals with blotches in samples - but not in fullsize (? so weird). I feel a bit let down as my e-mail was not responded to in the first place (because I could have been a potential long time customer) but I will shoot her another in hopes she will fix the problem. I hear so many raves about this line and the coverage!

you know it seems certain iron oxides stick more to the inside of those little plastic sample baggies. i know it happens to her eyeshadows, i thought an eyeshadow i ordered was more grey but from the baggie (since the black pigments stuck to the baggie), it looked black, but when i peeked inside, i see the true color. i think maybe it's worst for cory's foundations because it's mostly TiO2? my jar is well blended and i know my friend's FS jar was well blended also.

i am not sure what email of cory's you're using. simi has communicated with cory successfully, perhaps she can tell you which email to try.

i really hope it works out for you. my cory sampling was quite an adventure (took about 3-4 weeks for me to find the right color) but well worth it!

Kris

Originally Posted by msmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just curious - I ordered foundation samples from Cory about a month ago. When they arrived they were all blotchy and chunky with red/orange bits. It was a complete disaster and I was not about to try it on my skin. They all went into the trash. I tried to contact her (a month ago!) and still haven't received a response... so I guess my question is has anyone ever received a response? Good thing I am not out a whole bunch of money or I would be raising hell (although she charged $4.60 shipping for a .69 cent stamp.) hi there!!!how are you?

Cory is a super nice person. I think you need to email her egain and Im sure she will answer to you..

Cory has answered my emails before - not as quickly as some, but I did receive a courteous reply from her. I just wonder if she has a lot of email problems with her server, or if she gets so many spam type emails that she misses some legit ones? hard to say. I know sometimes some legit emails make it into my spam folder somehow.

I am on the fence about Cory still. I love the coverage but it doesn't last that well on me throughout the day. And some of my samples (mostly the finishing powders) had the trademark "smell." I won't say it's smoke as I am not sure, but I can certainly see why some people think it is.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cory has answered my emails before - not as quickly as some, but I did receive a courteous reply from her. I just wonder if she has a lot of email problems with her server, or if she gets so many spam type emails that she misses some legit ones? hard to say. I know sometimes some legit emails make it into my spam folder somehow.
I am on the fence about Cory still. I love the coverage but it doesn't last that well on me throughout the day. And some of my samples (mostly the finishing powders) had the trademark "smell." I won't say it's smoke as I am not sure, but I can certainly see why some people think it is.

hi there Im ceruious.. what brand of foundation do you use? thank you!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi there Im ceruious.. what brand of foundation do you use? thank you! I use various samples usually - I haven't settled on an absolute favorite yet. Right now I have samples from Mineral Boutique and Dreamworld and I am sort of mixing them into various combos. I have some samples coming from Silk Naturals so next week it will probably be that. I tried SN once and my skin didn't seem to like it but I don't know if I gave it enough of a chance so I am going to try it again. I would be really happy if that would work for me because I could mix the color to suit what I needed from day to day (my skin tone changes drastically from winter to summer and in-between.)Aromaleigh and Lumiere foundations have also been on my list to try so I think I might get some samples from those too. Hopefully between all of these I will find something I like enough to stop sampling for a while.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use various samples usually - I haven't settled on an absolute favorite yet. Right now I have samples from Mineral Boutique and Dreamworld and I am sort of mixing them into various combos. I have some samples coming from Silk Naturals so next week it will probably be that. I tried SN once and my skin didn't seem to like it but I don't know if I gave it enough of a chance so I am going to try it again. I would be really happy if that would work for me because I could mix the color to suit what I needed from day to day (my skin tone changes drastically from winter to summer and in-between.)Aromaleigh and Lumiere foundations have also been on my list to try so I think I might get some samples from those too. Hopefully between all of these I will find something I like enough to stop sampling for a while.
wink.gif

thank you for your post! I think I have to stop sampling..becouse I think I tried all the MMU brands.. lol :)Im waiting for samples from Dreamworld and Pure Luxe..

Latest posts

Back