Cottage cheese

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
i bought some cottage cheese the other day. thought it would be good diet food. i got one that had strawberry stuff to eat with it.

GAG!!!!

i think mixing the sweet and salty is totally gross.

does anyone else eat cottage cheese? is it an aquired taste?

I love cottage cheese. I only like the 4% milkfat small curd from Breakstone's. I swear it's the only one that tastes good to me. Other brands are just gross IMO. I like cottage cheese with crackers, melba toast or bagel chips. YUMMY snacks. I think I'm gonna go have some right now.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i bought some cottage cheese the other day. thought it would be good diet food. i got one that had strawberry stuff to eat with it.
GAG!!!!

I think it's Breakstones you're speaking of....and a jelly type fruit on the side....Too much cottage cheese is a never a good thing. Fresh fruit is much better. If you don't like the taste try a fat free version. It is a great diet food, but I once I had so much I OD'ed!! I haven't had any in over 3 months. I don't even want to hear the word. Use it in moderation.!!

UGH ! That stuff is disgusting!! How does one acquire a "taste" for something so taste-less !!!

Originally Posted by Liz i bought some cottage cheese the other day. thought it would be good diet food. i got one that had strawberry stuff to eat with it.
GAG!!!!

Mixing cottage cheese w/ salsa is really good w/ chips! Yumm healthy and good!

Love it! I never did years ago and had some and since then, I eat it regularly. Have never tried the fruity mix, but I think I would probably prefer the plain stuff.

Canned (or jar) peaches are good with cottage cheese. As long as you get the peaches that are in their natural juice (not the sweet syrup) they won't be TOO sweet for the cottage cheese.

Cucumber slices are also good with cottage cheese. Either dipped or mixed up. I always add salt & pepper.

I like the one with pineapple, it's the only one I will eat. Plain is just gross to me. My friend can eat it plain with a little salt and pepper on it. GAG!

Originally Posted by Sofia I love cottage cheese. I only like the 4% milkfat small curd from Breakstone's. I swear it's the only one that tastes good to me. Other brands are just gross IMO. I like cottage cheese with crackers, melba toast or bagel chips. YUMMY snacks. I think I'm gonna go have some right now.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Cottage cheese and bagel chips are the BOMB!
claps.gif

I prefer to eat my cottage cheese plain ... however my mom usually serves it with canned peaches and pears, or with pineapple rings, and my dad likes to eat it with tomato slices, salt, and pepper ... I think it goes better with the canned fruit than the tomatoes though!

i think i'm on the no-cottage-cheese-train... i just can't bring myself to even try it cuz it just looks so yucky...

I love cottage cheese!!! I think it goes with everything and I have loved it since I was a child.

It has to be the 4% fat kind thou, the ones I´ve tried with less fat has tasted gross!

Hm, I think I have some with pineapple and passionfruit that I´m gonna have for snack.

I don´t think it´s something you learn to like, either you like it or you don´t, except for those that have a problem with the consistency that I think you can get use to.

//Jenny

Cottage cheese with chives or spring onions are nice with baked potatoes.

i had it with bagel chips and it wasn't so bad. it tasted like cream cheese then

Originally Posted by Liz i had it with bagel chips and it wasn't so bad. it tasted like cream cheese then Awesome, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Marisol Cottage cheese and bagel chips are the BOMB!
claps.gif
That sounds good. Now I want it. No bagel chips in the house though.
icon_cry.gif

i got these ones that are garlic flavored. mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making me crave bagel chips and I'm all out. I love this one brand called New York Style Bagel Chips in plain. Just so yummmmmy.

Originally Posted by Sofia Making me crave bagel chips and I'm all out. I love this one brand called New York Style Bagel Chips in plain. Just so yummmmmy. That is the type that I get. Delish!

Latest posts

Back