Counterfeit Urban Decay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The doe foot is the wrong shape in the fake. If you look at the pic carefully you can see the real UD doe foot is longer and more tapered than the fake. The other giveaway that it's a fake is that the color is not exactly the same as the real one - the lettering is not crisp and clear.

Oh, you're right. There is a noticable difference in the doe foot.

My friends went to China in April and bought a ton of these fakes and then I showed them this post haha. I wonder- how do they make the packaging so similar to UD?

Conspiracy theory here:

UD is selling their mess ups in the Chinese market & passing them as fakes so they can still make the money without being implicated as responsible for animal testing?

...the problem I have with them leaving the Chinese market is that I said, "Okay.. if too good to be true dupes pop up in China, something is going on.."  Well.  This isn't as hidden as I'd hope they'd do, but if UD is doing this, I'll vomit on my shoes.  I just find it really, really hard to trust them now.

^ I don't think that'd happen. Didn't someone post something about how they tested those counterfeits and found it to be heavily contaminated?

It'd be more likely that if they made a damaged or wrong product, they'd just sell it internally at a discounted price.

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ I don't think that'd happen. Didn't someone post something about how they tested those counterfeits and found it to be heavily contaminated?

It'd be more likely that if they made a damaged or wrong product, they'd just sell it internally at a discounted price.
I think she's referring to the fact they just pulled out of China and it'll be interesting to see what new fakes start popping up as a result.

I didn't know people were faking anything besides the Naked palettes, wow. And some of the mini primer potions are incredibly similar. I've been given or traded for mini PP, now I need to dig them out and examine them closely.
Another thing I've noticed about the fake Naked palettes is that the R in "Urban" is usually off. You can see it in the pictures above.
I was looking around, and the fakers have upgraded, and some of the new ones have been coming in clear plastic boxes, like the authentic ones do. This goes for Naked one AND two.

Here's a fake one and a real one, can you tell which is which?

The top one is the fake, the bottom on is genuine.

Back