Cover Girl Vs. Revlon

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
after much hesitation, i am giving in and i am going to try drugstore loose powders
smile.gif
(too alot of will power to not look at the ones selling at sephora!)

so i am considering the following

either the Cover Girl Pro-Finish Loose Powder (reccomended by Girl_geek, thanks!
smile.gif
)

profinish_model.jpg

OR

the Revlon Face illuminating Loose Powder

ipr_173_lg.jpg

I have never tried anything revlon before, and the last time i used anything cover girl was when i was 13!

need advice on which one to get!!

I'm not an expert on face powders (especially not with revlon or cover girl) but I've found that revlon has better matching shades when it comes to their face makeup in general... I don't know if that's just because my stores don't stock the full line of Cover Girl (which I would find hard to believe) or what, but I've always found that revlon will always be truest to my actual coloring.... hope that helps a lil bit!!!
icon_neutral.gif

I wouldn't recommend the Revlon Skinlights if you have oily skin. They are shimmery powders and shimmer only emphasizes oiliness. However, I wouldn't recommend the Cover Girl either. It probably smells like Noxzema.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I wouldn't recommend the Revlon Skinlights if you have oily skin. They are shimmery powders and shimmer only emphasizes oiliness. However, I wouldn't recommend the Cover Girl either. It probably smells like Noxzema. same the revlon skinlights powder is an illuminating thing just for like a glow on your cheeks or whatever but i like revlon skinlights powder in the quads with 2 shades of powder and a bronzer and hilighter i love that!

and covergirl is always a little dark and the color is always a little off

girls are right - if you want face powder that you can put all over your face as a finishing touch for your makeup, go with cover girl. I have revlon powder and it is great - but as a higlighter. I would never use it like a regular face powder
smile.gif
it looks great on decoletage too - skin looks smother, more tight, just lovely.

I haven't tried either of them... but I've used other CoverGirl powders before, and they were nice... you could try that first, and if it's a no-go... pick up the Revlon
icon_wink.gif

i agree about the revlon. i use it as a highlighter. it's not meant for setting or keeping the oilies at bay.

you should try palladio! it's the loose powder i use now. it's the first one i've ever had. the packaging sucks, but i put it into a sifter i bought at sephora for under $5. i bought it based on reviews and it works SO well for its price, which is less than $7. it keeps my face from getting oily (or at least showing) and sets my makeup perfectly. it doesn't cake, either. you can buy it at drugstores or sally beauty.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/4640/787300

787300.jpg

Latest posts

Back