Cover that Zit!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any tips on covering a freshly squeezed zit?!
icon_redface.gif
I know it sounds gross but sometimes I just can't resist and then I am desperate to try and cover it!! I have heard about putting a liquid band aid substance on it.....has anyone tried that?!

Please any tips and names of awesome concealers anyone knows of would be great!!

Thanks a bunch, Dallasgirl

i heard putting viseen(sp?) on a cotton ball/pad and holding it on the bump will help reduce the redness.

since i go light on the foundation nowadays and use a tinted moisturizer, i cover my bumps with mac's studio tech. just make sure to blend the edges. i'm not sure if my trick works the best. others might have better suggestions.

Thanks Lizzy, I was just checking out your notepad. You have some awesome eyeshadow pics!! And quite the view for doing your makeup!!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i heard putting viseen(sp?) on a cotton ball/pad and holding it on the bump will help reduce the redness.
since i go light on the foundation nowadays and use a tinted moisturizer, i cover my bumps with mac's studio tech. just make sure to blend the edges. i'm not sure if my trick works the best. others might have better suggestions.

Let it heal overnight & then try WnW's Coverall Stick. It's pretty good for covering any unraised blemishes & discolored spots. If you have access to Shu Uemura, then try the Mark Concealer--that stuff covers like nothing I've ever seen or tried.

Does anyone else have any tips?!? What's your favorite pimple concealer?!?!

I used this Neutrogena microdermabrasion at home kit so that my "skin would glow" and now I have 6 huge painful zits that are very depressing and desperatley need to be covered!!

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 hehe! thanks! you should start yours up
icon_biggrin.gif

i totally know how you feel
frown.gif
i have a bunch on my right cheek from "that time of the month". it's driving me crazy.

i actually used lorea's microdermabrasion earlier today! lol!!

how do you like the neutrogena one? i want thatone because it has the little machine thing. but it's damn expensive. i'll wait till i run out the loreal stuff then i'll get the neutrogena one.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl

Any tips on covering a freshly squeezed zit?!
icon_redface.gif
I know it sounds gross but sometimes I just can't resist and then I am desperate to try and cover it!! I have heard about putting a liquid band aid substance on it.....has anyone tried that?!
Please any tips and names of awesome concealers anyone knows of would be great!!

Thanks a bunch, Dallasgirl

You girlies are lucky that you can cover them up!!!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) You girlies are lucky that you can cover them up!!!! You can too! Just borrow some of Rejia's make-up.
tongue.gif

I really like Mary Kay concealer, but you'd have to get it from a MK consultant or eBay and it sounds like you need something NOW!
icon_wink.gif

Try using a little topical 1% cortisone cream to bring down the redness, inflammation and swelling. Aply foundation as usual, then use a brush to apply whatever concealer you choose to the zits. A brush works so much better, so you can blend without overblending and thus removing the concealer (don't ya hate that!?!). Apply in thin layers, allowing each layer to set for a few minutes. I do know you want to stick with thick formulas like sticks or creams. Stay away from liquids, undereye concealers, or anything with a sponge-tip applicator. HTH!

I usually dab on my perscription gel (Differin) and it dries it up really quickly. I don't currently use a concealer, just some extra foundation where it's needed.
rolleyes.gif

yes, visine will take out some of the redness! love that stuff! :icon_love I agree with angel about just using lil' more foundation. I actually use BE for overall, but use maybelline's dream matte mouse as a concealer. target was selling samples of these for a $1 or so, and it is great to cover spots! or at least for me! I don't like it as a foundation, but as a concealer, LOVE IT! it strangly works great for my dark circles and on my eye lids to set the eyeshadow. I also just recently fell in love with clean an clear's persagel for spot treatments. even better than clearasil's ultra vanishing. But I'm sure it can't beat differin! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by destiny yes, visine will take out some of the redness! love that stuff! :icon_love I agree with angel about just using lil' more foundation. I actually use BE for overall, but use maybelline's dream matte mouse as a concealer. target was selling samples of these for a $1 or so, and it is great to cover spots! or at least for me! I don't like it as a foundation, but as a concealer, LOVE IT! it strangly works great for my dark circles and on my eye lids to set the eyeshadow. I also just recently fell in love with clean an clear's persagel for spot treatments. even better than clearasil's ultra vanishing. But I'm sure it can't beat differin! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Differin's awesome... it's actually a lot like Persa-gel, but stronger. It's a clear gel like the Persa-gel. I would think that if Persa-Gel came in perscription strength, Differin would be it
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back