Crack Heel! Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
icon_cry.gif

When I stopped studying and I stayed at home everyday, my heels started cracking, they are so rough and feels hard. I can't even wear slippers when I am out, conscious about what others might say if they see my crack heels.

Any ways to bring my nice, smooth and soft heels?

Thanks! I appreciate your help

go buy a smooth pumice stone, they come in all different textures but you want a smooth one. Next time you take a shower, at the end of it before you get out, take the smooth stone and exfoliate the hell of your feet. When you get out make sure you apply lotion to your feet. I have found that while your feet feel dried and cracked, it's actually from a build-up of dead skin that needs to be sloughed off. I exfoliate my feet after every shower and even if i dont apply lotion, they are smooth. How it works is that the warm water softens all the layers of dead skin and they need to be sloughed off or else they dry and you get the cracked effect. I have found that the dead skin on feet is the cause of foot odor too. I've given this tip to my friends with foot odor problems and it got rid of their problem. The key is though that you use the smoothest stone possible.

I like to use the Creamy Petroleum Jelly that I find at the dollar store. Right after taking a shower at night, I just put them on my feet covering them with socks. Makes my feet silky smooth! 

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

go buy a smooth pumice stone, they come in all different textures but you want a smooth one. Next time you take a shower, at the end of it before you get out, take the smooth stone and exfoliate the hell of your feet. When you get out make sure you apply lotion to your feet. I have found that while your feet feel dried and cracked, it's actually from a build-up of dead skin that needs to be sloughed off. I exfoliate my feet after every shower and even if i dont apply lotion, they are smooth. How it works is that the warm water softens all the layers of dead skin and they need to be sloughed off or else they dry and you get the cracked effect. I have found that the dead skin on feet is the cause of foot odor too. I've given this tip to my friends with foot odor problems and it got rid of their problem. The key is though that you use the smoothest stone possible.
Thanks a lot! I'll try doing just what you've said. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lasita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like to use the Creamy Petroleum Jelly that I find at the dollar store. Right after taking a shower at night, I just put them on my feet covering them with socks. Makes my feet silky smooth! 

I used petroleum jelly before, it actually do great. but I end up getting tired of doing things for my heel. but Thanks! I think I need to get back to it now it's getting worst.

I use Mr. Pumice Extra-Coarse Pumi Bar that I bought at Sally Beauty. My suggestion is to get a large tote, or if you have a foot bath use that, fill with HOT water along with some oil (olive, almond, lavender, etc) and some foot bath. Check the temp of the water and if it's too hot let it cool off a bit. Once it's hot not to scald your feet and legs dip your legs in and sit back for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes use the pumice bar on your feet until it feels smooth. You'll be able to tell when you get to new skin since the dead rough skin you won't feel the pumice bar but once you hit new skin you will. When done with the bath pat your feet dry, add a foot lotion of your choice and cover with plastic wrap then socks. Allow the lotion the penetrate your skin for another 15 to 30 minutes, remove socks and place wrap and massage any left over lotion into your skin. Viola soft heels.

Oh and when done disinfect the pumice bar with alcohol.

That depends on how bad your heels are.  Mine get soooo bad that pumice stones don't make a dent in the cracking even if I sat in the tub all day and night.  I soak my feet and then I use a callus shaver like they do at the nail salon.  Once I get it nearly smooth, I then use a pumice.   After that, I apply shea butter and wear socks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lasita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by MarshB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used petroleum jelly before, it actually do great. but I end up getting tired of doing things for my heel. but Thanks! I think I need to get back to it now it's getting worst.
Never use petroleum jelly, it would do more harm than good on you. As per Dr. Samuel S. Epstein, M.D., Chairman of The Cancer Prevention Coalition, "Petroleum-based ingredients [e.g. propylene glycol, PEGs isopropyl alcohol] pose risk of cancer, genetic damage and reproductive toxicity including infertility, to unsuspecting consumers and their infants and children."

Originally Posted by Misha Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never use petroleum jelly, it would do more harm than good on you. As per Dr. Samuel S. Epstein, M.D., Chairman of The Cancer Prevention Coalition, "Petroleum-based ingredients [e.g. propylene glycol, PEGs isopropyl alcohol] pose risk of cancer, genetic damage and reproductive toxicity including infertility, to unsuspecting consumers and their infants and children."
Everything can cause cancer now a days. Notice his statement does not say it will CAUSE cancer only that there is a "RISK of cancer".

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Mr. Pumice Extra-Coarse Pumi Bar that I bought at Sally Beauty. My suggestion is to get a large tote, or if you have a foot bath use that, fill with HOT water along with some oil (olive, almond, lavender, etc) and some foot bath. Check the temp of the water and if it's too hot let it cool off a bit. Once it's hot not to scald your feet and legs dip your legs in and sit back for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes use the pumice bar on your feet until it feels smooth. You'll be able to tell when you get to new skin since the dead rough skin you won't feel the pumice bar but once you hit new skin you will. When done with the bath pat your feet dry, add a foot lotion of your choice and cover with plastic wrap then socks. Allow the lotion the penetrate your skin for another 15 to 30 minutes, remove socks and place wrap and massage any left over lotion into your skin. Viola soft heels.

Oh and when done disinfect the pumice bar with alcohol.

I'll look for that Pumice Bar if we have it here. I'll give it a try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks!

Soak your feet first in some kind of conditioning cleanser to get your skin soft then use the pumice stone and after you dry your feet, immediately use some kind of super moisturizer like Shea butter, and put on some socks.  I would do this a couple days in a row until you feet start looking good and feeling soft

Two products that I have used and work great are O'Keefe's Healthy Feet ( O'keefes Working Hands is amazing for dry hands) and Kerasal Foot Ointment. I work at a major pharmacy about pharmacist friends both products to customer all the time. My heels get cracked during the summer and I use Kerasal to soften up my heels. If you use a callus shaver be really careful. I cut my heal really bad one time using one. Also those Ped Eggs that are an as seen on TV product( you can buy them in stores) work pretty well also. My husband refers to it as a cheese grater for the feet. Lol My mom swears by using Vicks Mentholatum.She puts it on after soaking her feet in warm water and then puts on a thick pair of socks. It has also been suggested that it will help get rid of fungus on toenails and athletes foot. I tried Heeltastic and it didn't work at all for me.

Latest posts

Back