Cravebox- July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so can someone give me a tip for how the waitlist works? I probably shouldn't sign up for anything new, but since the look bag cancelled i'm looking for another box to get. Since this one isn't all beauty I figured I'd really enjoy it. 

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so can someone give me a tip for how the waitlist works? I probably shouldn't sign up for anything new, but since the look bag cancelled i'm looking for another box to get. Since this one isn't all beauty I figured I'd really enjoy it. 
It's actually better to think of it as a waiting *pool* rather than a *list*.  You sign up, and then every once in a while (monthly, maybe?), there's a drawing of waiting people to join the subscriber list.  I don't know how many slots open up or if it's on any sort of schedule.  Your name might come up in the next drawing, or it might not come up for eight months (if ever).  They might completely fill everything on their first drawing of the month, and they may open more slots later in the month.  I do know that I apparently (based on my email archive) signed up for the waiting list/pool on Christmas.  Then, on May 3rd, they announced that they were about to have a drawing.  Then the drawing signups were extended until the 6th.  Then I received email on the 11th stating that I did not get a slot -- but then I received another email on the 23rd that I *did* get a slot.  So I was on the waiting list for five months, but it could be shorter or longer depending on the luck of the draw. 

Thanks. I actually tried to sign up at the beggining of this year, when I first discovered these sampling programs. I figured just like any other subscription, that they would email me when there was a slot open.....and i even kept forgetting that I was even signed up on the site. Whenever they email me about the drawings I thought it was for limited edition boxes. So this whole time I kept waiting for nothing. I'm not sure why they do a raffle. It's more of a headache than anything I feel. But whatever floats their boat.

Same for me except I haven't been one of the ones who got a spot yet. Just waiting through lots of raffles. Maybe eventually! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wouldn't have loved this box - perhaps an understatement, but all the other boxes put out looked really interesting and definitely worth the ten bucks. I'm hoping to get one of the limited edition summer beauty boxes, but I'll understand if I don't, it seems that there are lots of us who want a subscription. Even though it's frustrating, it is nice to know that they take care of their customers by not opening up subs and taking too many orders and lowering the experience quality for everyone. Hopefully they're learning and growing and spots will keep opening up. I think a few people may drop theirs after this barbeque box, but since it's so exclusive and hard to get back into, maybe not too many. We'll see. I've been on the waiting list since the first of the year.

Back