Cream Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How can I apply cream blush without looking like a clown?

lol. I just bought MAC's Laidback cream blush, I like the color but my application is a mess.

Use with a light hand and blend blend blend! You can use a brush or sponge to blend as well. I prefer using fingers - the warmth helps it blend onto your skin. If you've put too much, gently blot with a tissue and try not to rub (you'll smudge the color).

I've always been afraid of cream blush, even though I own one that I've used three times. I'm not that confident with my application technique.

Like sephee said just use a light hand. Keep adding color and blend alot. I love cream blush, my only problem is it not staying on long enough.

Hi,

Start with you fingers (middle works best for me), gently patting color on the cheek bone. Then take a brush (bronzer type), going in a circular motion, work the color in.

Hope this helps.

I use a cream foundation brush and tap it in a couple of times and then use the cap of it and swirl it on the cap to make sure it's evenly distributed. Then I just brush it on and use a kabuki to buff it in some more.

i start with my fingers and dab a tiny bit of color on my cheeks and then blend.

if i need more, i'll add more.

the key though its doing it little by little.

Thats defintly the key, little by little, very little by very little in fact, because its scary easy to go overboard.

I use a regular foundation brush and very sparingly apply the littlest bit using the tip then brush it in. Dab with fingers if you like.

Or I just apply two dots along my cheekbones and blend blend blend like crazy. With cream/mousse blushes you need *VERY* little.

If you do use too much, you can remove it with moisturiser.

Also, since you're using your fingers or something, you might get an artificially high colour in your cheeks. I usually put it on, then go and do something else for a few minutes, then come back and see how much actually shows.

I have a MAC foundation brush and I apply it with this. I just dip the side of it into the cream blush and then blend it in, and use the other side of the foundation brush to help blend it more. I prefer this method for cream blushes. Hope you find something that works
biggrin.gif

I actually prefer cream blush since its faster to apply and I can't be arsed to bring my brushes at school.

When I'm totally lazy, I just moisturize my face, then put the blush on. The moisturizer makes the blending easier
biggrin.gif

Just use a tiny amount, then build on the layer as you see fit.

You could use a taklon foundation brush to dot it onto your cheeks (make 'the face' if you're not sure quite where the apples are), and then blend with a flocked sponge or a bit of cotton wool.

It's probably not my place, but ladies, please (forgive my OCD in this matter) do not stick thy fingers into cosmetic jars directly. Skin oils, dead skin cells, the odd bit of bacteria - don't mean to gross anybody out, but even if you're the only one using it, it's not a great idea. If you've nothing else on hand, just use a cotton round, or even a bit of cotton wool (you can stick a few balls of it in a plastic bag, won't take up room needed for school supplies). But no fingers in the jars!

I'll get off my soapbox and leave quietly now.

Originally Posted by sephee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Use with a light hand and blend blend blend! You can use a brush or sponge to blend as well. I prefer using fingers - the warmth helps it blend onto your skin. If you've put too much, gently blot with a tissue and try not to rub (you'll smudge the color). Couldn't have been said better! I LOVE cream blush by the way...so much better than powder IMO.

Latest posts

Back