Cream Color Bases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I was thinking of picking up a few from the MAC online store... The colors I was going to go for were Shell, Improper Copper, Root, and Flighty.

I don't know if they crease or anything, how long they last, etc. If anyone has any clues I'd appreciate it!

:icon_love

Leila, the only one that I have is Hush and I use it every day as a base. I use Urban Decay's PP, then Hush and then whatever eye shadows. It doesn't crease on my if I wear it with UDPP. if I wear it alone, it definitely does crease.

hmmm... maybe I don't want to try them out then... or maybe just get one of them.

I have just begun using MAC Paint in Bare Canvas as an e/s base, do you think it is going to crease using that as a base?

I have combination skin & my lids don't get oily, so I can actually pull off a CCB + eyeshadow with no creasing. I also have a friend who has dry skin and wears CCBs daily with no creasing.

BUT... if you have oily lids, definitely apply Urban Decay's PP or a MAC paint before the cream color base. What I like about the product overall is that you can use most colors on your eyes and on your cheeks.

HTH!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess hmmm... maybe I don't want to try them out then... or maybe just get one of them.
I have just begun using MAC Paint in Bare Canvas as an e/s base, do you think it is going to crease using that as a base?

I know that some people like them but they crease on me. It could be that I have effed up oily eye lids though.

Originally Posted by Marisol I know that some people like them but they crease on me. It could be that I have effed up oily eye lids though. Paints crease on you Marisol? Even with shadow on top?

lol, could be. I have decently oily lids. Not anything psychotic, but oily enough to crease e/s.

hmm... Maybe I should only get like 1 to test it out first. I wouldn't want to get a bunch of them and then not like them.

I need to build up to $50 bucks worth of stuff to get free shipping... Any suggestions? I listed the colors of CCB's that I was thinking of... Also anything else you think might be a necessity...I'll let you know if I already have it.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Paints crease on you Marisol? Even with shadow on top? Sadly they do. I still use them but I always apple UDPP first. I have Flammable, Bare Canvas, Stilife and Canton Candy.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess lol, could be. I have decently oily lids. Not anything psychotic, but oily enough to crease e/s.
hmm... Maybe I should only get like 1 to test it out first. I wouldn't want to get a bunch of them and then not like them.

I need to build up to $50 bucks worth of stuff to get free shipping... Any suggestions? I listed the colors of CCB's that I was thinking of... Also anything else you think might be a necessity...I'll let you know if I already have it.

Try a CCB and a paint. Like Joy said, CCB's can be used for other purposes. If they do crease like crazy on ya, then you could swap or sell them. I would suggest Stillife since its a pretty color.. has a nice shimmer to it.
What else are you looking to buy? Do you have VgV lippie?

Originally Posted by MACGoddess lol, could be. I have decently oily lids. Not anything psychotic, but oily enough to crease e/s.

Hmm... Pearl or Shell would go nicely over your Bare Canvas paint and Improper Copper would be fun on the cheeks.
As for other necessities: Are there any mineralized skinfinishes left online that you don't have? Those would be in my top 5 of must-have MAC products, along with Fluidlines! I can't say enough about the Fluidlines, I LOVE them. My liner stays on all day, with no smudging. And you can use 'em as eyeshadow bases as well, because they are blendable before they set.

And then my other suggestion, if you're in the market for a new cleanser, try Cleanse Off Oil. It removes all of my makeup -- foundation, waterproof eye makeup, longwearing lipstick -- all in one fell swoop. It leaves my skin feeling really soft afterwards.

Let us know what you get!

I don't have the lippie, is it a good color? I usually look for eye stuff... I almost wouldn't mind trying HyperReal Foundation, but I don't know what color I would be, and I also don't know if it is non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic.

My skin can be very tempermental to stuff that clogs pores... And it isn't breaking out now, so I am scared to put much on it.

I am pretty open to anything from MAC. I heard the Fluidlines are good, I also wouldn't mind trying a blush, but again, I don't know what color to use.

Originally Posted by Marisol Sadly they do. I still use them but I always apple UDPP first. I have Flammable, Bare Canvas, Stilife and Canton Candy.
frown.gif

I've gotta check this UD PP out!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hmm... Pearl or Shell would go nicely over your Bare Canvas paint and Improper Copper would be fun on the cheeks.
As for other necessities: Are there any mineralized skinfinishes left online that you don't have? Those would be in my top 5 of must-have MAC products, along with Fluidlines! I can't say enough about the Fluidlines, I LOVE them. My liner stays on all day, with no smudging. And you can use 'em as eyeshadow bases as well, because they are blendable before they set.

And then my other suggestion, if you're in the market for a new cleanser, try Cleanse Off Oil. It removes all of my makeup -- foundation, waterproof eye makeup, longwearing lipstick -- all in one fell swoop. It leaves my skin feeling really soft afterwards.

Let us know what you get!

I am probably going to stick with the Glycolic Cleanser I already use bc it has helped my skin SO much!! I used ot break out like crazy, and now it is under control.
I already ordered Stereo Rose and New Vegas... Those are the only skinfinishes that they still have that I think would look ok on me. I LOVE Stereo Rose, but New Vegas hasn't come yet.

Are the Fluidlines really that great?

The Fluidlines are awesome. Of the ones that I have, I would have to say that my fave are Shade and Blacktrack. I wouldn't know what blush to suggest cause I can only tell what blushes I like by trying them out.

VGV is an awesome lippie and the purchase is also for a good cause. The money from that sale goes to the AIDS foundation.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux
frown.gif

I've gotta check this UD PP out!

You should! Right now, I think that Urban Decay and Sephora are sold out (at least online they are) but its a great product. My e/s does not crease at all and it last almost all day. All you need is a tiny bit of product.

I just put VgV on my list... It does look like an awesome color... lol Now what? I am undecided whether to go with Blitz N' Glitz or Dipdown in the Fluidlines if I got one of those...

And that's how I am about Blushes as well marisol... One of the things I will only buy in the Freestanding MAC near my house...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I just put VgV on my list... It does look like an awesome color... lol Now what? I am undecided whether to go with Blitz N' Glitz or Dipdown in the Fluidlines if I got one of those...
And that's how I am about Blushes as well marisol... One of the things I will only buy in the Freestanding MAC near my house...

I haven't seen Blitz N Glitz... but here is a picture of Trisha wearing Dipdown.
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...achmentid=5380

yes, I have seen when she wears Dipdown... The only thing that is keeping me from buying it is that I have a pencil liner from Revlon's Colorstay line that looks like that and lasts a pretty long while...

I would almost feel like I was buying two of the same thing. You know? Blitz N' Glitz is supposed to be a black with a shimmer to it. Sounds interesting...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess yes, I have seen when she wears Dipdown... The only thing that is keeping me from buying it is that I have a pencil liner from Revlon's Colorstay line that looks like that and lasts a pretty long while...
I would almost feel like I was buying two of the same thing. You know? Blitz N' Glitz is supposed to be a black with a shimmer to it. Sounds interesting...

Fluidlines totally kick Revlon Colorstay's ass, haha
biggrin.gif
I definitely love Colorstay for a pencil liner, but Fluidlines last longer on me, plus they come in more colors! Dipdown is a great dark brown liner - I'm glad to have it as I've found nothing comparable in the drugstore. I still want to get Blacktrack and Shade!!
Blitz & Glitz is pretty in the pot, but I've heard the shimmer isn't all that noticeable once on...

Jeez, look at all the tricky tricks you have up your sleeve Trisha! You're my hero! I just ordered Blitz N' Glitz!!

I figure, I can use it as both a basic black eyeliner (when I DON'T buff it) and as a jazzy one when I do buff it!

Latest posts

Back