Cream Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, since I can't find L'Oreal Color Fresco anywhere, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good (preferably drugstore-price
wink.gif
) cream eyeshadow. White and pastel powder shadows never show up on my skin (even Milani barely shows up after several coats and they usually have good pigmentation) but the Color Frescos always worked great. The only other cream shadow I've tried was Physician's Formula new Mosiac pallette and that creased in 30 minutes with my normal primer
icon_evil.gif
(And the Color Frescos lasted all day; longer than my powder shadows!)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I really like Urban Decay cream shadows. The shadow box isn't so fabulous because it gets dry and sticky too quickly, but the individual shadow tubes are fabulous. Minimal creasing, no fading, bright colors. I know they're not drugstore, but if you ever get a chance to buy I would HIGHLY recommend them. Worth every penny in my opinion.

If you do find a fabulous drugstore cream eyeshadow I'd love to hear about it!! I'm trying so hard to turn myself on to more drugstore products. My bank account insists on it.

I reccomend Stila's Shadow Pots! You will love them, they are extremely creamy!! If you like white and natural colors you should try:

Ice( white), Pearl(yellow/goldish) and Taupe( light grey).
icon_lol.gif

i just bought stila's shadow pot in honey! i haven't worn it yet, but i tried it on my hand and it is sooo creamy!

You can't find Colour Fresco b/c it was discontinued quite some time ago. You might find a few shades at some place like Big Lots or the dollar stores.

Cover Girl has just come out with new cream shadows. Almay Bright Eyes also has great ones. I hear raves about them all the time. I've used both

I have better luck with anything that comes in a tube than with anything that comes in a pan. Revlon Illuminance and Maybelline Colour Delights both crease on me in about five minutes alsol

Originally Posted by girl_geek Cool, thanks for the tips girls! And if you try something that doesn't work for you, you could always swap it away to me
tongue.gif

*bump*

Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas ... I am about to run out of my favorite Color Frescos so I will probably be buying some replacements in a few days
wink.gif

maybe those new mousse type of eye shadows that been coming out?

Why not try the IsaDora Waterproof Eyeshadow stick, it´s quite nice I wouldn´t really call it waterproof but it lasts nicely.

We don´t have Color Fresco here so I´m not sure how that one´s like, but in the pictures I´ve seen it looks like it could be almost the same.

I have it in Frosted Walnut and Seaweed Pearl. They are shimmery and shows up well and you can layer them to get the intensity you want. I don´t really like the green one, it wasn´t the right kind of green for me I like greens that are more olive, khaki or foresty and this one is more of a cold oceangreen I think. But of course this is not Isadora's fault that I don´t check that I buy colors that I like
wink.gif

//Jenny

Jenny - We'd love to hear your reviews on any IsaDora products you've tried. That's great info. Though I've never tried either I'll definitely be checking out the IsaDora section next time I'm at work (and can spend money)....

Thanks a bunch!!

Girl_Geek - Have you ever considered Ebay for some of the department store recommendations? I have purchased quite a number of cosmetics from Ebay and have been very pleased. I got my Stila Kitten for $11.99 including shipping. Though it's only $4.01 off the retail, I didn't have to leave the house and that could buy me a gallon of gas these days!! LOL!

You can get much better deals, but I was in a rush! After all the rants and raves and proof on Trisha's eye looks I just had to have it in a jiffy.

I'm not all too familiar with cream eyeshadows, though. I know Cover Girl has Shadow Squease. Do you find that the cream es are more opaque than powder es?

Originally Posted by eightthirty I'm not all too familiar with cream eyeshadows, though. I know Cover Girl has Shadow Squease. Do you find that the cream es are more opaque than powder es? The Color Frescos were, yes, that's why I liked them (besides the fact that they didn't crease, even when I was sweating in 90 heat!). I have a problem with powder eyeshadows not showing up if they are a light color, so I like to use cream eyeshadows for light colors.
I might buy one or two cream shadows in an expensive brand if it is worth it, because I do know sometimes it's hard to find good drugstore shadows
frown.gif
I just don't want to buy a whole collection of department store products!

And Jenny, I had heard good things about those IsaDora shadows, but I didn't find them in the IsaDora section in my local Walgreens. Maybe I could find them online somewhere though!

Originally Posted by girl_geek I might buy one or two cream shadows in an expensive brand if it is worth it, because I do know sometimes it's hard to find good drugstore shadows
frown.gif
I just don't want to buy a whole collection of department store products!
I heard great things about the Lancome Colour Dose.
990430_l.jpg

COLOUR DOSE EYE

All Day Wear Creme EyeColour and Base

A daily dose of eye-catching colour. Portable. Versatile. Waterproof.

This versatile, long-wearing cream eyecolour goes from sheer and natural to dramatic and daring, just by layering. Glides on with just the tip of your finger for a satin-smooth finish. Wear it alone or use as a base under shadow to extend wear. Crease-resistant. Waterproof.

Supposed to be better than MAC Paints. Haven't tried them myself yet though
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek OK, since I can't find L'Oreal Color Fresco anywhere, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good (preferably drugstore-price
wink.gif
) cream eyeshadow. White and pastel powder shadows never show up on my skin (even Milani barely shows up after several coats and they usually have good pigmentation) but the Color Frescos always worked great. The only other cream shadow I've tried was Physician's Formula new Mosiac pallette and that creased in 30 minutes with my normal primer
icon_evil.gif
(And the Color Frescos lasted all day; longer than my powder shadows!)
Any suggestions? Thanks!

I would suggest trying The Body Shop- Metal Eyes. It has a very nice texture and says for a decent amount of time. I find that with other cream shadows, it's way too creamy and they crease like mad; but this is not the case with these shadows. Definitly check them out at least :icon_love

Revlon makes some that are pretty decent. I forget the name at the moment... but there are like 5 colors in a palette... it's a black case. You'll see it...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh I hated those! I think you'll be much better off getting creme e/s that are in a tube. really? They showed up pretty good on me... which is rare lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Revlon makes some that are pretty decent. I forget the name at the moment... but there are like 5 colors in a palette... it's a black case. You'll see it...
wink.gif
These are the Illuminance shadows I spoke of in another reply in this thread. They crease on me in about 5 minutes, and I've read on the boards the same thing from a lot of other people. (Altho' Revlon still keeps on coming out with more and more of these, so they must work for some people.)
The Almay Bright Eyes in the little metal tubes are the closest thing for about the same price as the Colour Fresco that I've seen. They are similar iin texture, pigment, and staying power to MAC Paints, and the Lancome Colour Dose.

I'm not a big cream e/s fan. I've tried Stila eye pots, and whatever they were called when they were in the pen thingies and found they creased. I've tried the lancome ones and although they stay put all day the colour range isn't very good. The only cream e/s I ever liked were Benefit ones, but then they changed the formulation which made them rubbishy. I always find cream e/s creases really quickly and is very difficult to blend (particularly waterproof ones like Lancome Colour Dose). The only time i ever reall use cream e/s is when I do my mum's MU because for some reason they seem to work better on more mature skin.

Originally Posted by eightthirty Aqua Proof Cream Eye Shadow by L'Oreal!! Just saw it on Walgreens.com Check it out! http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickc...id=prod1354958

I tried that, and while it does last all day without creasing and has an opaque color, I have a hard time getting a nice, even application. Maybe I will practice with it some more, but if I can't get it to work better I wanted to try something else! (I reviewed Perpetual Pink if anyone's interested!) But thanks for the suggestion! It is tempting to get Aqua Proof in a few other colors just because it's so long-lasting though!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back