Cream or Lotion for Night Time

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a night creme. I wear make up all day and at night when I sleep I'd like something to wear that "rejuvinates" the skin. I have some dark circles under my eyes, but other than that and a break out here and there, my skin is in good condition. I have combination skin. Any suggestions?

I really like MD Formulations Facial Creme. I have been using it for 6 months and I am vert pleased with it. Also, you might try an eye cream for the dark circles.

Hey greeneyednagel, this question might get mroe responses in the SKINCARE forum so i'm gonna move this thread there now. Ok girlie?

La Prairie has some very nice night time creams but they are overpriced big time. I am currently using my La Prairie but I know I'll be switching when I finish it
icon_sad.gif
. Have you tried Arbonne? I heard it has great products and much lesser price.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I was wondering if anyone could suggest a night creme. I wear make up all day and at night when I sleep I'd like something to wear that "rejuvinates" the skin. I have some dark circles under my eyes, but other than that and a break out here and there, my skin is in good condition. I have combination skin. Any suggestions?

Chanel has a radiance cream that I've heard good things about but it's expensive and I haven't tried it myself. I have had great luck with Clarins and that line has some night lotions meant especially for night time use but they are pricey as well. I haven't tried the night creams/lotions but I've used other products from Clarins. ROC makes a great anti-wrinkle cream and I've used it for night time and it works great on my combo sensitive skin. You can find ROC at drugstores.

I have been using this new brand called Avene that they sell at CVS. It's a more expensive line but well worth it - they sell little sample kits so if you want to try out their different products you easily can. I recommend it!

Originally Posted by lilla La Prairie has some very nice night time creams but they are overpriced big time. I am currently using my La Prairie but I know I'll be switching when I finish it
icon_sad.gif
. Have you tried Arbonne? I heard it has great products and much lesser price. I guess I should first introduce myself as this is my first post! Hi, I'm Colleen!
I just decided to start using a night creme faithfully last month so I took the hit and bought the Arbonne NutriMinC RE9 line (I'm a consultant so the price was doable). I swear, I didn't know a person could become addicted to a night creme, but here I am ready to enter a 12 step because I would just die without it! I used the night cremem alone first for almost a week without any of the other products and WOW! My skin felt amazing! Even my neck, which is very sun damaged right now, just glows. It feels really light on the skin too.

Hi Colleen, welcome to MuT
icon_smile.gif
Thanks for the info. I've got some samples and as soon as I finish the line I am finishing currently, I will start my samples.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Colleen I guess I should first introduce myself as this is my first post! Hi, I'm Colleen!
I just decided to start using a night creme faithfully last month so I took the hit and bought the Arbonne NutriMinC RE9 line (I'm a consultant so the price was doable). I swear, I didn't know a person could become addicted to a night creme, but here I am ready to enter a 12 step because I would just die without it! I used the night cremem alone first for almost a week without any of the other products and WOW! My skin felt amazing! Even my neck, which is very sun damaged right now, just glows. It feels really light on the skin too.

Originally Posted by Colleen I guess I should first introduce myself as this is my first post! Hi, I'm Colleen!

Welcome to MUT Colleen!

I don't want to hijack the thread but THANKS! for the warm welcome! This is an GREAT forum.
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really like Benefit's Dear John Nightcream. It has sodium PCA- that is a moisture magnet, Squalene- a natural anti-bacterial, and softening marshmallow root. It feels very rich, but not greasy, My skin always feels so fresh the next morning.

I like one I have by Dove, but a REALLY nice one is one my mom uses by Elizabeth Grant.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I like one I have by Dove, but a REALLY nice one is one my mom uses by Elizabeth Grant. Hook it up Mom!
Where is Karen lately? Tell her that we miss her.

Originally Posted by Marisol Hook it up Mom!
Where is Karen lately? Tell her that we miss her.

lol I will... she's around - been having problems with her pc lately, but she'll probably be back soon...
wink.gif

ok, I think I have an addiction problem to dhc, but their coenzyme q10 cream (i got a couple days ago) is awesome. My mom even complimented me the next day. It's pricey, but it's on sale right now. I love it!

I know I'm late with the post but I just wanted to add my help=) To be honest if you have good skin and your skin isn't dry or wrinkled your best option for rejuvinating your skin at night would be to simply use a make-up remover, wash your skin with a gentle face wash, and to get your skin extra clean (to ensure all make-up and dirt is gone) and to kill acne causing bacteria you can add in a gentle toner with ingredients like Tea Tree.

Other than that the best thing you can do at night to rejuvinate your skin is to just wear nothing and let your skin breath. By adding an extra moisturizer you could be doing to much to your skin which could have adverse effects. I normally only suggest using night creams for people with acne prone skin or more wrinkled skin (where I would suggest a glycolic acid night cream) or people with very dry skin( which I would recomond a natural moisturizer with oils like emu oil).

Either way I hope you find a good solution that works well for you=)

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I was wondering if anyone could suggest a night creme. I wear make up all day and at night when I sleep I'd like something to wear that "rejuvinates" the skin. I have some dark circles under my eyes, but other than that and a break out here and there, my skin is in good condition. I have combination skin. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by essentialskin I know I'm late with the post but I just wanted to add my help=) To be honest if you have good skin and your skin isn't dry or wrinkled your best option for rejuvinating your skin at night would be to simply use a make-up remover, wash your skin with a gentle face wash, and to get your skin extra clean (to ensure all make-up and dirt is gone) and to kill acne causing bacteria you can add in a gentle toner with ingredients like Tea Tree.
Other than that the best thing you can do at night to rejuvinate your skin is to just wear nothing and let your skin breath. By adding an extra moisturizer you could be doing to much to your skin which could have adverse effects. I normally only suggest using night creams for people with acne prone skin or more wrinkled skin (where I would suggest a glycolic acid night cream) or people with very dry skin( which I would recomond a natural moisturizer with oils like emu oil).

Either way I hope you find a good solution that works well for you=)

This is some great advice Sondra!

i love this product. it has a following like mac

This high performance, multi-tasking night cream with Clarins Exclusive Lock-Around Systemâ„¢ reduces the appearance of surface dark spots and illuminates a dull complexion as it soothes and nourishes for a more luminous complexion upon waking. Day after day, skin appears brighter, clearer and more luminous.

Beauty Benefits :

• Helps fade freckles, sun, age and dark spots for brighter more even-looking skin

• Purifies and smoothes

• Promotes a more luminous complexion

Ingredients :

• The Clarins Lock-Around System (a complex of Raspberry extract and a highly stable Vitamin C derivative): Helps reduce the appearance of freckles, sun, age and dark spots

• Japanese Mandarin and Grapefruit: Gently exfoliate to help brighten dark areas

• Gentian: Purifies and soothes

Method of Use :

Apply each evening to perfectly cleansed face and neck. For maximum results, warm a small amount of product in the palms of your hands before applying.

Latest posts

Back