CrEePY ReCiPes: Post Yours Too!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hal_02.gif
Post Yours too!
hal13.gif

Halloween Olive Fingers

<CENTER><TABLE width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Here's a helpful hand to set the Halloween table--a dastardly dose of "finger foods" to satisfy any monster munchies. Pull this chilling trick to leave even the most ghoulish guests aghast! Just don't save this one for the last minute--you'll need plenty of time for the gloves to fully freeze.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

<CENTER><TABLE width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
halloween13-fingers.jpg
</TD><TD>

You'll need: bowl
two cans jumbo black olives
latex gloves

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><CENTER><TABLE width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

1. Fill the latex gloves with water and tie a knot into the end of each. Freeze until solid.
  2. Remove the gloves from the freezer and add an olive to the tip of each finger.
  3. Place the gloves in the bowl, fingers up. Pour the remaining olives in the bowl to keep the gloves in place.
-------------------------------
hal_08.gif

Gnarled Witches Fingers

Yield: 4 Servings

1 tb oil
4 Boneless chicken breasts
1 c Flour
1 Egg beaten
1 c Bread crumbs
Pitted black olives halved lengthwise
Shredded lettuce

Grease cookie sheet with oil, set aside. Carefully cut chicken breasts part way to create five fingers (the uncut part will be the palm of the hand). Dust in flour, dip in beaten egg and then bread crumbs. Broil 5 minutes on each side till golden brown and cooked through.
Trim the finger tips with the halved black olives and serve on lettuce.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

I hope the picture shows up so you can see just how real these things look.......definetly creeeeeeeepy but would look great on the table for a Halloween party.

fingerstag.jpg

fingers.jpg

Creepy Witches' Fingers

Yield: 5 dozen

1 cup Butter, softened

1 cup Icing sugar

1 Egg

1 tsp Almond extract

1 tsp Vanilla

2 2/3 cups Flour

1 tsp Baking powder

1 tsp Salt

3/4 cup Almonds, whole blanched

1 Tube red decorator gel

(optional, not pictured)

Gross everyone out with these creepy cookies.

In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remainder refrigerated, roll heaping teaspoonful of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press almond firmly into 1 end for nail. Squeeze in centre to create knuckle shape. (Accompanying picture showed long rolled shape with bulge at centre for knuckle; you puff it out rather than squeeze it in.) Using paring knife, make slashes in several places to form knuckle.

Place on lightly greased baking sheets; bake in 325F (160C) oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for 3 minutes. Lift up almond, squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back in place, so gel oozes out from underneath. You can also make slashes in the finger and fill them with "blood."

(ed. note - I opted not to go for the bloody effect as you can see in my picture above, and my guests were still grossed out! - Britta)

Remove from baking sheets and let cool on racks. Repeat with remaining dough.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I hope the picture shows up so you can see just how real these things look.......definetly creeeeeeeepy but would look great on the table for a Halloween party.

fingerstag.jpg

fingers.jpg

Creepy Witches' Fingers

Yield: 5 dozen

1 cup Butter, softened

1 cup Icing sugar

1 Egg

1 tsp Almond extract

1 tsp Vanilla

2 2/3 cups Flour

1 tsp Baking powder

1 tsp Salt

3/4 cup Almonds, whole blanched

1 Tube red decorator gel

(optional, not pictured)

Gross everyone out with these creepy cookies.

In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remainder refrigerated, roll heaping teaspoonful of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press almond firmly into 1 end for nail. Squeeze in centre to create knuckle shape. (Accompanying picture showed long rolled shape with bulge at centre for knuckle; you puff it out rather than squeeze it in.) Using paring knife, make slashes in several places to form knuckle.

Place on lightly greased baking sheets; bake in 325F (160C) oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for 3 minutes. Lift up almond, squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back in place, so gel oozes out from underneath. You can also make slashes in the finger and fill them with "blood."

(ed. note - I opted not to go for the bloody effect as you can see in my picture above, and my guests were still grossed out! - Britta)

Remove from baking sheets and let cool on racks. Repeat with remaining dough.

OMG!! I love them..So nasty..LOL think I'm gonna make them for my sons bday on the 16th..He wanted a Halloween themed party this year..These would be perfect along with the Graveyard cake

lol! gross halloween food always cracks me up. my horror movie fanatic friend hosts scary movie night every year. theres a different theme every week. i usually make the snacks. this year im making pumpkin pie (boring, yet delicious!) (we also watched twin peaks every friday for a few weeks recently, and i made cherry pie every weekend. lol. cherry pie and coffee. no chocolate bunnies or creamed corn.) i also did apple cider every week. one jug o spiced cider, some cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise, etc. just throw it in and heat until it boils. it really improves the cider, and theyre begging me to make it again this year. i have martha stewarts halloween book still on hold at the library, so ill post more as soon as i get it. i did see a recipe for halloween punch. its the old orange sherbet and 7up punch, but the "ice ring" is a latex glove filled with dyed juice and frozen over a cup so it makes a creepy ice hand to float in the punch. i thought that sounded fun.

This is gross, funny but gross. And yes I am just twisted enough to make it
icon_lol.gif

Kitty Litter Cake for Halloween

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="80%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#e6ffe6 colSpan=2><!-- #BeginEditable "ingredients" -->1 spice or German chocolate cake mix

1 white cake mix

2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared (I like Bird's® dessert mix)

1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies

green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls®

1 new kitty litter pan

1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner

1 new pooper scooper

<!-- #EndEditable --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top><!-- #BeginEditable "pic" -->

kittylitter.jpg

<!-- #EndEditable --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD><CENTER> </CENTER><!-- TF 336x280 JScript VAR NoAD code --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- #BeginEditable "instructions" -->Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!

Further notes: I had a reader write in saying this recipe only needed half the amount of pudding. I personally liked the cake with the amount given in this recipe. But feel free to use this as a loose guideline, use more or less as you see the need. Also, since the layer of cookies (with the chloropyll green specks, covers the top, you could really use any flavor or flavors or cakes underneath. Last but not least, you can also opt not to crumble the cakes, but rather layer them in the pan with the layers of pudding in between (much like you would layer a trifle into a trifle dish), sprinkle the top layer of pudding with a heavy layer of crumbled cookies. Same effect, different texture entirely to the dessert.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thats too funny Harley! LOL I have a "Dirt Cake" that I do every year for Xmas that I'll post around then... it's also an 'illusion' cake... I put it in a flower pot and stick some fake pointsettas in it... and the oreo crumbles on top look like dirt.. lol I freaked out my aunt last year when I was nibbling on the 'dirt pieces'...

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thats too funny Harley! LOL I have a "Dirt Cake" that I do every year for Xmas that I'll post around then... it's also an 'illusion' cake... I put it in a flower pot and stick some fake pointsettas in it... and the oreo crumbles on top look like dirt.. lol I freaked out my aunt last year when I was nibbling on the 'dirt pieces'... LOL...Can you imagine if she saw you picking at the kitty litter cake? I'm going to have to make it sometime just to see the look on people's faces. I tend to have a bit of a warped sense of humor anyways.

lol. eww. that kitty litter cake really does look gross. one of BFs coworkers sent him home with buckeyes that look like little eyeballs. theyre very well done. a buckeye is a midwestern thing, i guess. its a peanut butter ball with milk choc around it, but these were pb with white chocolate, a dark choc iris, and little veins hand painted on the choc. very creative.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 LOL...Can you imagine if she saw you picking at the kitty litter cake? Yeah - especially since I have cats!! LOL

Latest posts

Back