Creme de la Mer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I talked to a customer who had the smoothest skin for a 70 year old that I had ever seen. I asked her what she was using, she replied.. and I gasped.. Creme de la Mer!!!.. I had been hearing about this product for several years and have been dying to try it out since some of my favorite celebs use it and their skin looks great on the big screen! So, I found out how much it runs to buy and I wanted to shoot myself. It's like $225 bucks! Anyway, I found some on ebay, still high priced and I don't know what to do! Before I buy a sample for $13.00 (ugh), please tell me if you have heard good things about this. I am going to check other sites for reviews, but I trust you guys more!

It is quite good & I understand the hype. Some women think it's a ploy to spend $$$, but honestly, they're applying it wrong. The key according to CDLM, is to lightly dab your finger into the jar, swirl on the fingertips & then pat onto the skin--not slather on like you would peanut butter & jelly on white bread. A small jar should last anywhere between 8-12 months (depending on your winters) if you follow this procedure.

I've used a small sample jar (lasted a MONTH, 2x/day) & noticed that my skin was incredibly soft & smooth. Skin appeared less blotchy & red & had a certain glow to it. However, I found Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer to be just as effective & only $50 for a 2 oz jar. My skin is equally as smooth & radiant & I pay way less than CDLM & can get it through sephora.com (go through ebates & get a 3% rebate).

I'd call NM or SFA & ask them to send you samples of each. Tell them you want to invest in a nice cream & before you buy it, want to make sure you don't have any reactions (breakouts or rash). Try one on one half of your face, & the other on the other half. This way you can see how they compare.

Incidently, I'd be very careful when buying CDLM through ebay. I've heard of many women receiving fake CDLM & losing their $$$. $13 is too much for a sample when you can get it for free from NM or SFA. I know you might not have access to the store, but PM me & I'll have you call an SA of mine (toll free) who might be able to hook you up w/a bunch of samples.

HTH!
smile.gif

I think the bigger size is over $200 but the smalled size is around $100-$150 at least it was when I tried it. It did make my skin smooth and even toned but it was also a bit too much for my oily skin because I got some milias. I didn't see the point of spending that much money on face cream especially when there are so many good products out there that are way less expensive.

I was curious about this creme and tempted to buy some. I didn't just yet. A sales associate gave me the run down and how to apply it, etc., I am still skeptical about what it actually DOES for your skin in comparison to other moisturizers.
icon_question.gif

This guy showed me how to actually apply it (and he was putting it on himself as he spoke to me). LOLLLL
icon_lol.gif

He said to dab it on and press it to your skin....
icon_confused.gif

Latest posts

Back