Crest White Stripes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(If this is in the wrong spot, apologies, I didnt see anything else that I felt would be better)

As I've gotten older, I've noticed my teeth have started getting yellowish.

I am not a regular coffee drinker (1 - 2 cups a week) nor am I a regular smoker (pack of cigarettes lasts me approximately a month). According to my dental hygenist yesterday, it just happens with age. So I asked about potentially using Crest White Strips. She gave it a thumbs up and I went price shopping.

While $40 is much less than $500 for the dentist to do it, I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these? 

I should state I am not looking to get OMGWHITE teeth. I think that looks so freakishly unnatural, I just want to whiten mine up a shade or two.

I've used them an word of caution. If you have sensitive teeth DO NOT use because the peroxide in it will make your teeth even more sensitive. You can get the strips for less - use a store coupon (I think Walgreen's has one this week for $10) and couple it with one of Crest's manufacturer coupons (between $5 to $10) which will knock off $15 to $20 off the price. If you can get it on sale that's even better.

I don't like the strips because the strips are a pain to use, taste nasty and as I said can make your teeth sensitive and if you have sensitive teeth to begin with even more sensitive and downright painful. My recommendation is to use a baking soda and peroxide paste (DIY kind) because you'll be able to control how much peroxide is on your teeth. It will take time though with a DIY "toothpaste" to see results. You can also make your own DIY peroxide mouthwash and most bottles USE to have the ratio of water to peroxide - don't use peroxide straight from the bottle and use only 3% (anti-septic kind).

I used the 2-hour ones and they were not fun. Felt like an eternity to keep them on and my teeth were sensitive/hurting for about 24 hours after. Prior to the 2-hour ones, I used the 30-minute version a lot and went back to those. They're a keeper for me. I don't use them daily, but I use the Crest Vivid Toothpaste 2x per day and find that it helps also. I only use the 30-minute strips once every 3-4 weeks now.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies.

I do have some coupons I've been saving, I was waiting for my cleaning to get the strips and apparently that is the best time to do it. So I may head out this weekend and get some.

It'll be an interesting experiment. I do not have sensitive teeth so that is something I will have to keep an eye on.

*I am moving this thread to the Bath,Body & Beauty in General area, this is where the rest of the teeth and teeth whitening threads are located.

I have used the 5 minute crest white strips and they DO work.

I wouldn't use the longer version ones as the peroxide on your teeth for that long really will make them sensitive, especailly if you already have sensitive teeth.

The price for white strips is a bit steep but I would say it is worth the price. They really do work and you will notice results quite quickly.

You don't need to use them daily as the sensitivity it causes will be too much, but use them every other day until you reach the desired white level, then weekly to maintain it.

Quote: Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*I am moving this thread to the Bath,Body & Beauty in General area, this is where the rest of the teeth and teeth whitening threads are located.

I have used the 5 minute crest white strips and they DO work.

I wouldn't use the longer version ones as the peroxide on your teeth for that long really will make them sensitive, especailly if you already have sensitive teeth.

The price for white strips is a bit steep but I would say it is worth the price. They really do work and you will notice results quite quickly.

You don't need to use them daily as the sensitivity it causes will be too much, but use them every other day until you reach the desired white level, then weekly to maintain it.
Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've personally seen success (Not night and day type), but good results from whitestripes. They work alright as long as you are consistent with them and their application. A tip you could be if you don't like wearing them is to put them on during your favorite TV show, as it may help the time go by quicker. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

J

Originally Posted by seasideskincare /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've personally seen success (Not night and day type), but good results from whitestripes. They work alright as long as you are consistent with them and their application. A tip you could be if you don't like wearing them is to put them on during your favorite TV show, as it may help the time go by quicker. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

J
Great idea! Thanks!

I use whitestrips quite regularly. I also use the crest 3-d whitening toothpaste and mouth rinse in between. I use the 2 hour ones every three months and then the 5 minute touch ups once a week in between. I am kind of obsessed with whitening my teeth, lol.

but the two hour ones do make my teeth extremely sensitive and I should probably stop.

I use the Crest 3-D Whitening Toothpaste too, but I haven't tried the Whitestrips yet. I've only ever used the brush-on type of teeth whitener, but I'm going to try the strips soon because my teeth are looking more dull lately. I'll start out with one of the short-acting formulas and see how that goes.

I personally have had ZERO results with these things.

I went to the dentist, and they made me up a tray with Day White ACP gel and my teeth got lightened like 3 shades in a very short amount of time. I have the "lightest" colored crowns (not pearly white though) for my front teeth due to them being absolute crap and my real teeth matched my crowns for quite some time. I stopped doing the bleach though, and it's been 3 years and now that I'm drinking soda and tea again, my real teeth are getting stained so I think I'm going to buy some new syringes. The total cost was $140 for the tray & 4 syringes (no dental insurance, and I think the office visit was free) and you can buy refill syringes for like $20+ on Amazon. One syringe lasts a loong time.

Crest whitening strips have always worked well for me. They're well worth the money-- don't skimp on your teeth.

I have used Crest White Strips multiple times.  Years ago I used them with awesome results (was even told my teeth looked "scarily white" LOL) and little sensitivity.  I got them again last year and used them one time and my teeth hurt so bad I didn't even use the rest of the box.  I may have purchased an iffy set, but my teeth were so sensitive and hurt so much that I had to stay home and take Tylenol!  White Strips work wonders, but definitely not for those with sensitive teeth.  I got the ones you put on for 30 minutes, next time I will get ones that you wear for less time.

I've gotten the crest 3d strips as samples from ulta a couple of times. I only used one, but I could honestly tell the difference after just once.

Back