Criticise/Advice/Opinions please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Trisha Laura loves her nude lips tho, it would take some force to get her to try colour on her lips!! x You know me too well hon! I've been gearing myself up for some colour recently though. I feel like i'm a wildchild when i wear Stila Banana Lipglaze!!! Thats the most colour my lips have had ever!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer maybe you should try a gloss over brew to give it a hint of a shade.
also, add blush!

*takes note of Jennifers advice about the gloss over Brew*!I always wear blush though but my camera never pics it up
frown.gif

It makes sense to me.......I am trying to learn from this thread also.

Originally Posted by Liz do you do a wash of color thenapply the darker color on the outer part after that? if you do, try not to. lol
if you're putting a dark color over a light, you're not going to get the same dark color that you want to get. and the wash color is going to take away the tackiness of the base paint instead of the dark color going on the paint.

do i make any sense? lol

I have the laura mercier smudge brush which seems to be similar to the Nars..

Originally Posted by gamaki Incase some of you are wondering what the NARS smudge brush looks like. Here are two pics of it. As you can see, the hairs don't extend far out of the ferrule and they are firmly packed so you get a stiffer brush which works wonders for presise application or for blending out a smokey eye. I use this often.

Originally Posted by gamaki Incase some of you are wondering what the NARS smudge brush looks like. Here are two pics of it. As you can see, the hairs don't extend far out of the ferrule and they are firmly packed so you get a stiffer brush which works wonders for presise application or for blending out a smokey eye. I use this often. Chanel has a smaller version of this that I use alot for lining, but you're right the Nars is a good one.

I think I might do that too!~
smile.gif
You are so cute "chicken" - I cant' find much to say! lol
wink.gif

But I agree on just blending right where the colors meet if you want more definition in the colors. Maybe buy a 2nd NARS brush just to get into those small areas
wink.gif
Also - it helps to pack on the shadow instead of swiping it across... I find mine get really sheer if I do this.

Or you can just get some MOD Cosmetics shadows... you won't have any problem with seeing color there! lmao
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Laura That makes PERFECT sense & yeah i have been doing it the wrong way! I always applied the light shadow all over up to brow but now i realise i shouldnt! I think this will make a huge difference, thanks Liz! hehe. no problemo! let us know how our tricks work for ya.

Originally Posted by Laura You are so right girlie! I've been a nude girl all my life & i mean ALL my life.. I used to put concealer on my lips with clear gloss over it when i was about 14. I just have a thing about red lips.. Anyway, i think i might venture in to some pink tones lipsticks but nothing drastic! I bought NARS Orgasm gloss before praying i'd wear it but it was too peachy, same with MAC Prrr.. Any suggestions? not even prrr?! THAT i wear! i've actually been wearing it a lot over peachstock lipstick and actually like it. i could wear those colors, not just nudes. i can't go any darker, though. i thought you were the same way! no idea you didn't like peaches, either! i've included pics at the bottom of what i've been wearing on my lips lately. the pics aren't the best, but you get the idea. the first is my lips with nothing on it. second's with peachstock. third's with peachstock and prrr. you might like the combo or maybe just the lipstick
smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Chanel has a smaller version of this that I use alot for lining, but you're right the Nars is a good one. what number brush are you talking about? #4?

I want to try Peachstock too!I love peaches lipsticks/lipglosses/blushes!I have Prrr and I don't like it,too frosty for me!Maybe I should try to match it with Peachstock like you did!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Peachstock is d/c here, i couldnt find it at any MAC counter/store x is it? i don't even know. i got it in a swap.
on mac's site, it's on there, so it might not be.

char, it's satin, but it's not drying at all. i've had a few satins that were SO drying, but this one's kinda creamy (mac describes it as creamy beige peach).

hope that helps
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura You are so right girlie! I've been a nude girl all my life & i mean ALL my life.. I used to put concealer on my lips with clear gloss over it when i was about 14. I just have a thing about red lips.. Anyway, i think i might venture in to some pink tones lipsticks but nothing drastic! I bought NARS Orgasm gloss before praying i'd wear it but it was too peachy, same with MAC Prrr.. Any suggestions? Why not pick up some cheap drugstore colors just to experiment with!? That way you can get an idea of the kinds of colors you like without a big investment just in case they don't work out. After you get an idea of what you like then invest in similar colors from nicer brands. I'm a big fan of red lipsticks myself. I like to use a red lipliner under my other colors to make everything a little redder.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Cool Jen, thanks! I'm definitely getting this one for my next B2M! you're welcome! let me know how it goes when you get it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer BUMP in case lau missed it
smile.gif
Oh thanks for bumping that Jen coz i totally forgot about it! Peachstock and Prrr look fab on you girlie. Unfortunately prrr really washes me out. I think i'm gonna try some pale pinks though. I've been experimenting over the past few days but i feel so weird with other lip colours on me. I always ended up applying Brew over everything i used!

Originally Posted by Laura Oh thanks for bumping that Jen coz i totally forgot about it! Peachstock and Prrr look fab on you girlie. Unfortunately prrr really washes me out. I think i'm gonna try some pale pinks though. I've been experimenting over the past few days but i feel so weird with other lip colours on me. I always ended up applying Brew over everything i used! it washes you out? wow! that sucks
frown.gif
i think pale pinks will wash you out, too, no? keep us updated
wink.gif

No i've tried a few pale pinks and they seem ok but i feel like a barbie wearing them! I really need to get over my phobia. Brew is like a security blanket to me except its a lipstick!!

Originally Posted by Laura No i've tried a few pale pinks and they seem ok but i feel like a barbie wearing them! I really need to get over my phobia. Brew is like a security blanket to me except its a lipstick!! LOL i know what you mean. keep trying different ones and maybe you'll see something you like. also, take someone you trust with you if you go to a counter or something and try some on so they can tell you if it looks good or not. you probably won't be able to do it yourself since you have a "phobia"
wink.gif

First off, I think you are so pretty. I love your blue eyes! You have beautiful brows and lashes too. At first glance I thought you had only one color shadow on??? I think you need to use colors that contrast more, so that you can see the artistry of your application. Also a little more blush would be pretty. Overall though I like your natural look....let's see some color!
claps.gif

Laura, I think it´s so cool you started this thread! I was kinda thinking of starting something like this but you beat me and were the first one.

wow, I am learning so much here, I have a similar blending problem, only that my e/s end up looking muddy and much less vibrant when I start blending. so blending only on the area where the colors meet will hopefully do the trick!!!!

I agree with the other girls that your eyes are beautiful!! I don´t really see a poblem with your e/s looking like just one color though-but it´s a pity you can´t see the different colors since you always actually use more than just ONE e/s. I am kind of a color phobic too (but I´m a nude lip phobic as well-in other seasons than summer. in summer I like the nude lip look on myself because I´m more than)

and I have the same blush problem. but hey, I will not abuse your thread. I´m gonna join you and post some of my pics since you got such great advice from our lovely makeup pros on here :icon_love

Back