Criticism/advice thread #2

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think this is such a great idea...so I´m gonna jump right in and post some pics (I think y´all have already seen most of them). any criticism is welcome, I´m here to learn (and eventually be better at doing my makeup after all!) after all.

question #1: I always use blush but it RARELY shows up on me (I´m with ya on that, Laura!) if I apply too much (as an attempt to make it more visible) my cheeks look muddy and "dirty" and skin imperfections show up more. also my skin tends to get a little red throughout the day (dunno why) so I´m afraid if I use a pink blush I might end up even more red.

question #2: I do NOT know what to do with my lips. I have always emphasized my eyes more, but I´m open for a change now. I don´t like to wear dark l/g or l/s because I don´t really like to draw too much attention to my mouth (I don´t like my teeth that much!). I don´t know what colors would look good on me (all I wear now is clear/sparkly/sheer pink lipgloss) and I own only ONE lipstick. seriously, I need help on this
icon_redface.gif

so here are my attemps of trying more visible lip colors: (I didn´t like the outcome that much, #1 is ok though-it´s MAC Viva Glam V)

if there is anything else you wanna advice me on, feel free to do so, I´m open for changes!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Andrea, your makeup is awesome! I love the dark lips on you, they all look great with your eye makeup too. As for the blush, I can see it in your pictures, I think that's just the right amount - blush is supposed to natural anyway. I'm sorry but I can't find fault at all! I know I'm not an expert, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in
smile.gif
aw you´re too sweet Charmaine!!! :icon_love well I guess everybody is more critical about themselves than about others. at least that´s how I am.

Andrea your blush is very abvious in the picture so you don't have to worry about that!Also I really like your 3rd foto!!I really like your make up,as for your problems with your lips I have the same problem too the only difference is that I don't emphasize my eyes and that's why sometimes it seems like I don't have put make up at all!!As you,I own only 2 lipsticks ,and I want to buy more so I could emphasize my lips more.Maybe you have to start trying to use lipsticks more often ,I know it's hard,I prefer lipglosses more than lipsticks!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Andrea, your makeup is awesome! I love the dark lips on you, they all look great with your eye makeup too. As for the blush, I can see it in your pictures, I think that's just the right amount - blush is supposed to natural anyway. I'm sorry but I can't find fault at all! I know I'm not an expert, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in
smile.gif
my thought exactly!!

Originally Posted by Arielle

I think this is such a great idea...so I´m gonna jump right in and post some pics (I think y´all have already seen most of them). any criticism is welcome, I´m here to learn (and eventually be better at doing my makeup after all!) after all.
question #1: I always use blush but it RARELY shows up on me (I´m with ya on that, Laura!) if I apply too much (as an attempt to make it more visible) my cheeks look muddy and "dirty" and skin imperfections show up more. also my skin tends to get a little red throughout the day (dunno why) so I´m afraid if I use a pink blush I might end up even more red.

question #2: I do NOT know what to do with my lips. I have always emphasized my eyes more, but I´m open for a change now. I don´t like to wear dark l/g or l/s because I don´t really like to draw too much attention to my mouth (I don´t like my teeth that much!). I don´t know what colors would look good on me (all I wear now is clear/sparkly/sheer pink lipgloss) and I own only ONE lipstick. seriously, I need help on this
icon_redface.gif

so here are my attemps of trying more visible lip colors: (I didn´t like the outcome that much, #1 is ok though-it´s MAC Viva Glam V)

if there is anything else you wanna advice me on, feel free to do so, I´m open for changes!!

You don't want my advice!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) You don't want my advice! uh-oh...what might that be?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i cant see much blush in the pics Andrea, what are you applying your blush with? the brush really makes a difference IMO.
Also you already know from Lauras thread to now blend where the colours meet.

If you are wearing more than one e/s you want that to be obvious or for a effect to have been achieved (ie crease colour to push the eye back) x

I´m applying it with my Maybelline Blush Brush (I know, that´s probably not the best choice). but I bought the MAC #187 brush today and you can apply blush with that one too, right?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) WINK!
wink.gif
ugh tony I don´t get your jokes
icon_redface.gif

you are so pretty andrea! you're lucky. lol

blush: yay, the brush does make a difference. the 187 is a good multi-purpose brush like trisha said. (i use it to put on my hyper real and my skin finishes and stuff. it's actually the same brush as one of the powder brushes with some white hairs poking out. lol.

but blush is supposed to look natural. so don't worry about having to put on a lot. sometimes i get worry about looking like i got sunburned. lol.

what blush do you use?

lips: i think the VGV looks really pretty on you!! it's very natural and not over powering. but it still has some punch of color. your best bet is to just go to a counter and start trrying things on. lol. start off with lustreglasses or lipglasses since they're more sheer than lipsticks.

another lippie i like besides VGV is pink apertiff. it's a tad lighter than VGV. (thanks for recommending that lippie a long time ago janelle! lol)

if you want you can get like different lipsticks. like one in red, on e in pink, one in a neutral color. and you can change the color by mixing the lippies or adding a lipglass or lustreglass.

hth!

Latest posts

Back