Crow, Armstrong Ready for Marriage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong wanna do is have some fun--oh, and get hitched, too.

The two announced their pending nuptials on Monday, after Armstrong popped the question last week in Sun Valley, Idaho, where the couple was enjoying a mountain-biking vacation.

No wedding date has been set, though Armstrong's spokesman said the marriage would likely take place in the spring.

It will be the first trip down the aisle for Crow, who's previously been linked with Owen Wilson and Eric Clapton, and the second for Armstrong, who has three children from his previous marriage.The seven-time Tour de France winner and the "If It Makes You Happy" singer began dating soon after meeting at a charity event in October 2003.

Armstrong, a testicular-cancer survivor, has been dogged by recent doping rumors, after a French newspaper reported that six of his urine samples collected after the 1999 Tour de France were found to contain traces of EPO, or erythropoietin, a banned performance enhancer. The cyclist has denied ever using the drug.

After taking home his seventh Tour de France victory this year, Armstrong, 33, declared himself officially retired from the sport. But on Tuesday, Armstrong suggested that the retirement could be put off.

"While I'm absolutely enjoying my time as a retired athlete with Sheryl and the kids, the recent smear campaign out of France has awoken my competitive side," Armstrong said in a statement. "I'm not willing to put a percentage on the chances, but I will no longer rule it out."

Even if her fiance has hung up his helmet, Crow is keeping herself busy on the professional front.

The Grammy-winning crooner will release her fifth album, Wildflower, later this month and will hit the road for a limited tour of the U.S. and Europe, kicking off Oct. 16 in Seattle.

Crow, 43, revealed in a recent interview that the album's title track was inspired by Armstrong and his children.

"It's kind of a reminder, particularly when you look at his young children, how they gravitate to goodness and to light," Crow told Rolling Stone. "The idea of the song is that no matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere."

Crow is also slated to appear on the multinetwork telethon to benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina on Friday and will tape an appearance for the MTV, VH1 and CMT hurricane benefit entitled ReAct Now: Music & Relief, which is scheduled to air Saturday.

I agree,they're cute together. I wonder if its true what they're saying,that Armstrong will ride the tour again next year,to annoy the french
smile.gif

I can't go to Paris every year to see his "last race ever".

Originally Posted by Eva121 I agree,they're cute together. I wonder if its true what they're saying,that Armstrong will ride the tour again next year,to annoy the french
smile.gif
I can't go to Paris every year to see his "last race ever".

I think he wants to do this cause he is pi$$ed offf that they are saying that he was doped up in 1999.

Latest posts

Back