crystal light on the go

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm trying to just drink water and it's good to drink it throughout the day because when you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. anyway, it got to the point where i'm SO sick of water. when i drink it when i'm not thirsty, i wanna vomit (sorry). so, i picked these up after seeing the commericials...

CL.jpg

(found the pic online. not actually mine.)

anyway, i usually drink my water from 1.5 liter bottles and it says to add it to 20 fl oz bottles, so when i put one packet in mine, it's not sweet, barely shows the color (i use the lemonade one, not the raspberry), etc. and i only use one packet a day. it's 10 calories for one packet, no sugar, and no fat. everything's 0 except the calories, which isn't bad.

i'm wondering if this defeats the whole purpose of water. what do you think? do you think i should continue using it in place of just PLAIN water?

by the way, i tried the lemon slices. doesn't do it for me.

Originally Posted by Jennifer

i'm trying to just drink water and it's good to drink it throughout the day because when you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. anyway, it got to the point where i'm SO sick of water. when i drink it when i'm not thirsty, i wanna vomit (sorry). so, i picked these up after seeing the commericials...
CL.jpg

(found the pic online. not actually mine.)

anyway, i usually drink my water from 1.5 liter bottles and it says to add it to 20 fl oz bottles, so when i put one packet in mine, it's not sweet, barely shows the color (i use the lemonade one, not the raspberry), etc. and i only use one packet a day. it's 10 calories for one packet, no sugar, and no fat. everything's 0 except the calories, which isn't bad.

i'm wondering if this defeats the whole purpose of water. what do you think? do you think i should continue using it in place of just PLAIN water?

by the way, i tried the lemon slices. doesn't do it for me.

Be careful of Aspertame. (If they have it in them)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Be careful of Aspertame. (If they have it in them) what's that?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Artificial Sweetner hm, i threw the box out, but i will look at the ingredients next time. is it usually on the ingredients list or something like that?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Be careful of Aspertame. (If they have it in them) I believe crystal light does have Phenylalanine, artificial sweetener which is known to be carcinogenic. I avoid those b/c they also give me headaches.

char, LOL i knew someone would sing that
wink.gif

lily, i'll have to check the ingredients next time i get a box/go to the grocery store. i hope it doesn't because i thought these were a lifesaver
frown.gif

I usually drink Propel fitness water, which is flavored. Taste so good lots of flavors like, lemon, strawberry, citrus, raspberry, grape etc.. no calories, and no weird after taste! Dasani has flavored waters too, and they are really good- its hard to drink all that water sometimes, so those help a lot!
icon_smile.gif

Jennifer, no that's good to put in your water, everyone says everything causes cancer...I drink crystal lite all the time. My doctor told me that is a good way to get your water intake. You should try the pink lemonade and the raspberry tea, it's delicious. It's much better than soda, and tastes much better than water alone. Yes there is nutra sweet in it (Aspartame) but you probably have been drinking aspartame for years (in diet drinks). If you have drank beer, ever had second hand smoke or other things, there are risks in that as well....If ya like it, DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer char, LOL i knew someone would sing that
wink.gif

lily, i'll have to check the ingredients next time i get a box/go to the grocery store. i hope it doesn't because i thought these were a lifesaver
frown.gif

I don't like water much. I've been trying to get away from so much artificial sweetner (even Splenda). I buy generic brand soda water ($0.77 for 2 litres) and add a big slice of lemon. It tastes as good as Pellegrino or Perrier but it's alot cheaper and easier to swallow if you're a soda junkie like me. Just make sure there's no added sodium.

Thats all I drink. Aspartame or phenylalanine are realted to cancer but they said you would have to have a heck of a lot of 40 years to develope anything. It caused cancer in mice but they were blasted with massive doses compared to their bodies. Anyway, anything artifical is not the greatest for you. But if it encourages you to drink water then do it. Thats what I do. becareful too much sugar alcohols can have a laxative effect or a constipation effect in noraml slow moving bowel individuals. MY FINAL suggestion: used splenda based products. They are half sucrose which is a more natrual sugar. FUZE has great drinks out now that are made with sucrose

Latest posts

Back