Curling Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have some eyelash curlers which I really like, they curl my lashes really well. This is until I put my mascara on (clinique, either high impact or lash curling), then they just go back to being straight!

Am I using the wrong kind of mascara? Could anybody recommend a type of mascara that will hold the curl?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by fa3rie I have some eyelash curlers which I really like, they curl my lashes really well. This is until I put my mascara on (clinique, either high impact or lash curling), then they just go back to being straight!Am I using the wrong kind of mascara? Could anybody recommend a type of mascara that will hold the curl?
smile.gif

Maybe just a lash tint that isn't very heavy? (Like Neutrogena's new one) or maybe a curling mascara like L'Oreal Panoramic curl, or Maybelline Sky High Curves? You should also try putting a blow dryer to the curler to heat it up a bit... only a few secs and be sure to let it cool though!!!
icon_cool.gif

Have you tried blasting them with a hairdryer first Louise? I rarely use eyelash curlers because i had an "accident" with them a few years back so i'm basically afraid of them now! But my sis always blasts her metal curlers with a hairdryer first and she thinks that makes her lashes stay curly.

About the accident, i'm sure i mentioned it before but basically i pulled the curlers from my lashes instead of opening them first! It was so dam painful & i rarely use them now in case i'm stupid enough to pull all my lashes off again

Originally Posted by Laura Have you tried blasting them with a hairdryer first Louise? I rarely use eyelash curlers because i had an "accident" with them a few years back so i'm basically afraid of them now! But my sis always blasts her metal curlers with a hairdryer first and she thinks that makes her lashes stay curly.
About the accident, i'm sure i mentioned it before but basically i pulled the curlers from my lashes instead of opening them first! It was so dam painful & i rarely use them now in case i'm stupid enough to pull all my lashes off again

OMG !! LAURA!!!
icon_eek.gif

Yup! Did i not tell you about that before? I didn't pull every eyelash out but i did pull out a few. I'll never forget the pain, i screamed so loud & of course my mom & sisters fell about the place laughing when they heard what i did!

Latest posts

Back