Curly girl method and Brigitte Bardot hair.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I made that thread about curls/waves a little while ago, and you all were really helpful! Thanks so much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I looked up the Curly Girl Method, and was wondering if it would help me get beautiful loose waves like Brigitte Bardot and Pamela Anderson, or is it more for super-curly hair? (I love that look, but I don't think I'd want to rock it every day-for some reason loose waves flatter me more than tight curls.) Is it a good idea to use the CGM even if I don't want my hair as curly as possible all the time?

It depends on hair type! If you have wavy hair, it could end up like that. I have "botticelli" according to them, so I could never really get a wavy look. I actually just went to a deva stylist for the first time and got my first REAL curly hair cut, and bought the entire deva line. I never knew my curls could do this. There is no frizz, it looks amazing. I can't stop looking in the mirror. 

These are what my curls looked like before: 

and this is now, my first day of being cg/with a really great new hair cut: 

(ignore the angry eyebrows lol, I got them waxed after getting my hair done.)

^ Beautiful! Thank you for the information. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WITHOUT using the CGM (I brush my hair, use regular shampoo/conditioner, etc), my hair is wavy, but not a pretty, evenly wavy, which is why I made the thread about waves/curls. When I don't brush, it looks more curly (though I'm not sure what hair type exactly). I don't know if my best bet is to learn how to use a curling iron where I need it or the CGM so I'll have healthier hair. Maybe I should try the Curly Girl Method, and if it doesn't work out, do a modified version? I read online that people with wavy or s'wavy sometimes do modified vesions of the CGM.

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ Beautiful! Thank you for the information. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WITHOUT using the CGM (I brush my hair, use regular shampoo/conditioner, etc), my hair is wavy, but not a pretty, evenly wavy, which is why I made the thread about waves/curls. When I don't brush, it looks more curly (though I'm not sure what hair type exactly). I don't know if my best bet is to learn how to use a curling iron where I need it or the CGM so I'll have healthier hair. Maybe I should try the Curly Girl Method, and if it doesn't work out, do a modified version? I read online that people with wavy or s'wavy sometimes do modified vesions of the CGM.
Yes, definitely, give it a try! CG is all about embracing your natural hair, and from what I understand from what the stylists told me, people with wavy hair tend to treat it as straight hair, when they should  be treating it as its own type...wavy! I would definitly try going cg, and seeing how you like it, but put that brush down!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back