Customer Service Issues - What are yours and were they resolved?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
OK, I have 2 reasons for creating this thread. One, to get the January bag thread back on topic. Two, I really do want to know what the issues are and what the resolutions are. I didn't end up without a bag or damaged items, this month, but it could happen to me in the future. I'd like to get an idea of how MyGlam as a company deals with their customers. At this point I have not been able to recommend them on my blog, but if things improve I can let people know. So far my issues have been:

Problem: Couldn't understand how the billing works even after reading the FAQ. So I sent them an email asking for details about billing.

Resolution: They emailed me back within 24 hours and explained to my satisfaction how the billing works.

Problem: Broken tracking information.

Resolution: I never emailed them about it, but to my understanding this is a not yet resolved issue with their system.

My only issue (for right now) is the broken tracking.  I received my tracking number on the 13th and it has shown no movement.  Some ladies say they received 3 ways of tracking but I only received 2 (Endicia and USPS).  Neither show anything other than "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 14, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."  

I'm a little bummed since I live appx 6 hours away from where they are shipped from and I'm still waiting.  Some gals on the east coast have already received theirs.  I guess I'll just sit tight and wait patiently.......

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, I have 2 reasons for creating this thread. One, to get the January bag thread back on topic. Two, I really do want to know what the issues are and what the resolutions are. I didn't end up without a bag or damaged items, this month, but it could happen to me in the future. I'd like to get an idea of how MyGlam as a company deals with their customers. At this point I have not been able to recommend them on my blog, but if things improve I can let people know. So far my issues have been:

Problem: Couldn't understand how the billing works even after reading the FAQ. So I sent them an email asking for details about billing.

Resolution: They emailed me back within 24 hours and explained to my satisfaction how the billing works.

Problem: Broken tracking information.

Resolution: I never emailed them about it, but to my understanding this is a not yet resolved issue with their system.
Their website says billing is on the first of the month, yet people are getting charged before that. For example Zadidoll, she got charged on the 23rd. If you understand their billing process please inform me, because I did not get charged on the 1st either. I know it takes some banks longer to post the activity on accounts but it shouldn't be that early on Zadidoll's card. :/

They changed the FAQ without telling anyone that they are changing the policies. (This probably bothers me because I work in a company that everything has a policy and when you change even the smallest detail everyone has to know.) The shipping date changed this month to "around the 10th", which isn't a huge deal but there is so much lack of communication it isn't funny. I really appreciate that they took more time to try to make our bags arrive safely, but they NEED to start sending out emails informing their customers of such issues. They could easily do that by figuring out what is wrong with their newsletter. If they resolved that they could cross-post everything and also send it via email. BAM - all taken care of! Not everyone checks facebook/twitter or dare I say even have those accounts.

Personally I like MyGlam, yes, they need to work on some stuff, but they are an okay company so far. What I really hate is everyone going nuts and at each other's throats on this forum over a silly makeup bag. It makes me not even want to log on this site. :/

PS: kikikinzz use this link and copy your tracking number they sent you starting with the numbers 94. http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

From what I was told, you get billed right away when you subscribe. So I got billed December 19th for January's bag. Since I got billed in December I did not get billed January 1. From here on out I am to be billed on the first of each month for that month's bag, so February 1st I will be charged for February's bag.

I thought the billing would happen on the day you originally subscribed each month? I subscribed on Nov 27th and paid for the December bag that day. Then the payment for my Jan bag came out on Dec 27th. I assumed it would continue to be the same each month. I guess we will see if I get charged for the Feb bag on Jan 27th or Feb 1st... 

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PS: kikikinzz use this link and copy your tracking number they sent you starting with the numbers 94. http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

It worked and I see movement!  Thank you 
smile.gif

Now I have to shake my head since my package has been sitting for 3 days in Tolleson AZ which is 15 miles away.  
madno.gif

Originally Posted by Cupquake03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the billing would happen on the day you originally subscribed each month? I subscribed on Nov 27th and paid for the December bag that day. Then the payment for my Jan bag came out on Dec 27th. I assumed it would continue to be the same each month. I guess we will see if I get charged for the Feb bag on Jan 27th or Feb 1st... 
That's exactly what I am talking about :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Their FAQ states that it will be on the first of the month, yet most of us got billed on the date we signed up. Which isn't a problem for me, but it could potentially be a problem for others that might not have enough money in their account at that time. I guess we will find out late January/early February when we will be charged. This could just be the way they set up the template, since it was showing on our "MyGlam Account" page incorrect billing / shipment dates.

"MyGlam Monthly Subscriptions: For the first month, you will be billed immediately after you subscribe. For any future months, you will be billed on the first day of the month."

http://myglam.assistly.com/customer/portal/articles/281817-when-will-i-be-billed-

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It worked and I see movement!  Thank you 
smile.gif

Now I have to shake my head since my package has been sitting for 3 days in Tolleson AZ which is 15 miles away.  
madno.gif
Glad it worked! It was actually really accurate even after USPS received the package. My USPS tracking did not update, but the UPS tracking updated even as it was being delivered. So keep checking that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have not received any tracking numbers nor have I received a reply to any of the three e-mails I have sent them. I am going to give them to the end of the week to contact me and then I will initiate a claim with my credit card and let them deal with American Express. I am so done with this company.

It updated again and says its out for delivery!!!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

usps1.gif

Delivery Confirmation Information

Date/Time
Event Name
18 Jan 2012 09:56 Package out for post office delivery
GLENDALE, AZ 18 Jan 2012 09:46 Package Sorted by local post office
GLENDALE, AZ 18 Jan 2012 03:11 Received by the local post office
GLENDALE, AZ 16 Jan 2012 10:04 Shipment Info Received by Post Office
PHOENIX, AZ
Date
Description
Jan 16 2012 Package transferred to Post Office PHOENIX, AZ Jan 16 2012 Ready for post office entry Tolleson, AZ Jan 16 2012 Package received by dest MI facility Tolleson, AZ Jan 14 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility San Leandro, CA Jan 13 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations San Leandro, CA Jan 13 2012 Package received for processing San Leandro, CA

I signed up and was charged on December 1st (which was obviously too late for the December bag), so what I paid for was January's bag. 

When the end of December rolled around, I noticed my account said something about payment pending (+ my account suddenly said something about being suspended by the customer), so I sent them a message on the 31st about that (I was charged on the 1st for a second time for the January bag). I got a response back on the second from Amy and my money was refunding, which was great. 

Now onto current issues: I received a Tracking number on the 13th and a second one for some reason on the 14th (different numbers), but neither one shows any movement at all (not using either of the provided links, nor the method lilyelement linked to. Still only has the stuff about them being 'notified'). Soooo... Can't say I'm impressed so far, quite the contrary. 

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I was told, you get billed right away when you subscribe. So I got billed December 19th for January's bag. Since I got billed in December I did not get billed January 1. From here on out I am to be billed on the first of each month for that month's bag, so February 1st I will be charged for February's bag.
Just to clarify my own account.

I began my subscription on November 23 and was immediately charge for December's bag. I knew this would happen since it's in the FAQs/Assistly page. When it came time to be billed for my January bag that did not happen on January 1 as MyGlam states on their website, I was charged for my January bag on the 23rd of December and expect to be charged for my February bag on January 23. I don't think their system is set up to bill on the 1st of each month but rather on the date the person signs up. We'll see in five days time if I'm charged for February then or if I'm charged on February 1st like MyGlam states on their site.

I'm one city further away than you and I got mine yesterday lol. Myglam obviously loves me more than you. Or USPS hates me less than you... idk which.

It updated again and says its out for delivery!!!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

usps1.gif

Delivery Confirmation Information

Date/Time
Event Name
18 Jan 2012 09:56 Package out for post office delivery
GLENDALE, AZ 18 Jan 2012 09:46 Package Sorted by local post office
GLENDALE, AZ 18 Jan 2012 03:11 Received by the local post office
GLENDALE, AZ 16 Jan 2012 10:04 Shipment Info Received by Post Office
PHOENIX, AZ
Date
Description
Jan 16 2012 Package transferred to Post Office PHOENIX, AZ Jan 16 2012 Ready for post office entry Tolleson, AZ Jan 16 2012 Package received by dest MI facility Tolleson, AZ Jan 14 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility San Leandro, CA Jan 13 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations San Leandro, CA Jan 13 2012 Package received for processing San Leandro, CA

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm one city further away than you and I got mine yesterday lol. Myglam obviously loves me more than you. Or USPS hates me less than you... idk which.

You stink!!!!!!!! Guess what just came????? My NYX box!!!!!!! Can u believe it?  What was that, 2 days ago????? Now that's some crazy speedy service!  I'm breaking open the box now and I'll swatch for you tonight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOAH that was lightening fast!! I can't wait to see those babies.

You stink!!!!!!!! Guess what just came????? My NYX box!!!!!!! Can u believe it?  What was that, 2 days ago????? Now that's some crazy speedy service!  I'm breaking open the box now and I'll swatch for you tonight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOAH that was lightening fast!! I can't wait to see those babies.

I've got the pictures loading now........

My customer service issue is that I can't seem to get a darn subscription to the thing! I keep checking back it's like every time someone says "oh they opened membership!" I check back and mine still says sold out. Whats annoying is that they are supposed to keep me notified when membership opens and I never get any messages. Anyone else experiencing this?

same here...i emailed them and they gave me an answer that basically means "well now we have your email so you should get one in the future"...well thanks ALOT..smh...how does that remedy the fact that I never got any emails before??? Not cool!

Originally Posted by Dani_Luvs_Color /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My customer service issue is that I can't seem to get a darn subscription to the thing! I keep checking back it's like every time someone says "oh they opened membership!" I check back and mine still says sold out. Whats annoying is that they are supposed to keep me notified when membership opens and I never get any messages. Anyone else experiencing this?

Latest posts

Back