Cut Back On Calories Without Counting!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey i figured i would post this for those who do count calories ,to help out.

EAT TREATS:If you dont treat yourself now and then,you'll just crave it more.This will lead to an unfortunate binge.

LEAVE OUT THE FAT:Chances are many of your fav foods can remain in your diet if you can cut back on the cheese,butter,cream etc.

SPREAD IT OUT:Salad dressings,spreads,etc.,can be thinned out with vinegars,yogurt,and the other low fat extenders.

CHECK YOUR PORTIONS:Weigh and measure your foods when its convieninet.

STOP LATE NIGHT EATING!!!!:Your body cant digest those late night snacks when its at rest.

DONT DRINK CALORIES:Learn to like low calorie drinks for painless calorie cutting.

DONT SKIP MEALS!!:You will end up eating TWICE as much,and your metabolism will be messed up with low blood-sugar levels.

SHOP WITH THE RIGHT ADDITUDE:Never go shopping for food when youre ravenous.(lol this was one of my issues)You will end up with all the wrong foods in your cart.

WHATS IN YOUR COFFEE?:Since there are so many specialty coffees around,be certain thatyoure really ordering a potentially delicious ,refreshing low cal drink.

AMERICAN DRIP 4 CALORIES

AMERICAN DECAF 4 CALORIES

EXPRESSO 5 CALORIES

CAPPUCCINO 40 CALORIES

LATTE 60CALORIES

CAFE MOCHA 150 CALORIES.

Hope this helps girls,i know i am trying my best to live a more healthy fit life.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for those helpful tips nydoll! They make a lot of sense and i will be adopting a few of those tips myself! Thanks babes!

Oo! I like that! Thanks for sharing! I have food allerigies so I really just can't do any of the diets that want you to restrict certain types of food. I'm already restricted enough.

You know there is a new diet book out called something like called something like the "not a fad diet," that says you can eat all sorts of stuff just as long as you only eat two thirds of what you would normally eat. So two slices of pizza instead of three.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Oo! I like that! Thanks for sharing! I have food allerigies so I really just can't do any of the diets that want you to restrict certain types of food. I'm already restricted enough. Hey, as long as you burn more calories than you eat, you'll lose weight! (In fact I always worry about diets that eliminate entire food groups; I've always thought it was important to eat a variety of foods to get all the nutrients you need, but that's another topic for another thread!) These are good tips to easily cut back on a few things though! I like the salad dressing tip -- I never thought of that, and I love red wine vinegar, I might have to start mixing it into dressings
wink.gif

Hey i figured i would post this for those who do count calories ,to help out.

Thank you for that!! It was very helpful!! Please post more tips I would love to read more!!!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey i figured i would post this for those who do count calories ,to help out.

Thank you for that!! It was very helpful!! Please post more tips I would love to read more!!!

You got it girl!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks, nydoll! These are great tips. I hate depriving myself, so I don't "diet." But I am walking more, and eating healthier. Trying to lose 6 lbs to get back to where I was before I had my little ones! It's so hard when you're cooking for and feeding 3 other people beside yourself.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey i figured i would post this for those who do count calories ,to help out.

EAT TREATS:If you dont treat yourself now and then,you'll just crave it more.This will lead to an unfortunate binge.

LEAVE OUT THE FAT:Chances are many of your fav foods can remain in your diet if you can cut back on the cheese,butter,cream etc.

SPREAD IT OUT:Salad dressings,spreads,etc.,can be thinned out with vinegars,yogurt,and the other low fat extenders.

CHECK YOUR PORTIONS:Weigh and measure your foods when its convieninet.

STOP LATE NIGHT EATING!!!!:Your body cant digest those late night snacks when its at rest.

DONT DRINK CALORIES:Learn to like low calorie drinks for painless calorie cutting.

DONT SKIP MEALS!!:You will end up eating TWICE as much,and your metabolism will be messed up with low blood-sugar levels.

SHOP WITH THE RIGHT ADDITUDE:Never go shopping for food when youre ravenous.(lol this was one of my issues)You will end up with all the wrong foods in your cart.

WHATS IN YOUR COFFEE?:Since there are so many specialty coffees around,be certain thatyoure really ordering a potentially delicious ,refreshing low cal drink.

AMERICAN DRIP 4 CALORIES

AMERICAN DECAF 4 CALORIES

EXPRESSO 5 CALORIES

CAPPUCCINO 40 CALORIES

LATTE 60CALORIES

CAFE MOCHA 150 CALORIES.

Hope this helps girls,i know i am trying my best to live a more healthy fit life.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Thanks, nydoll! These are great tips. I hate depriving myself, so I don't "diet." But I am walking more, and eating healthier. Trying to lose 6 lbs to get back to where I was before I had my little ones! It's so hard when you're cooking for and feeding 3 other people beside yourself.
I totally understand, i have a two and three yr old and they are 11 months apart.
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back