Damn stretch marks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the pain of having these horrible things. I look like I've had at least 3 kids!!! They are the most unattractive thing that can happen to a body

I'm thinking of trying the raw shea butter and vitamin e thing. This woman I watched on YT claimed that her marks are 100% gone because of this but I'm starting to think this is all a lie so she can sell her products.

Isn't it something that it's so easy for these things to come about but so hard to fade and get rid of them. We have to be diligent, patient and consistent in apply cream. So true because we will end up wasting time and money.  I dealt with mine with Excel Skin Care's cream.  Go through their Amazon store for the lower price with free shipping included. 

stretch marks are scars, so there is little you can do to completely get rid of them. when you gain weight or grow faster than your skin can produce new cells, the scarring appears.  i have them all over my stomach from when i was pregnant.. nothing worked to prevent them.. having a 9 pound 4 ounce baby will do that..

the skin on my lower stomach is "drape like" and stretched.  the first couple of years i was so depressed about the marks.  now i wear bikini's again, just not super low cut ones..which i didn't like much anyways...

my best advice is using a scar cream like mederma or bio oil a lot (there are others worth trying, but nothing works prefectly), make sure your nutrition is good, keep them out of the sun/or put a high spf sunblock on them to prevent further damage and use a spray tanner to cover the discoloration up when they are exposed.  they do fade after time and my skin did shrink up a lot.

so many women (and men) have them.  girls mainly get them on their thighs, breasts and hips.  Men get them on their biceps and waist, if you look closely..but guys don't have them as much as women, they get super hairy, lol.. it's totally natural for women to get stretch marks because our bodies change a lot in puberty and adolescence so we are able to be pregnant.  without some of the curves it wouldn't be possible.  when i was younger i used to be so snobbish about not stretch marks, then i got them badly during pregnancy.. it's not something i even notice on other people anymore though.  they don't look ugly, they are just a fact of life.

Have been using Dermalmd on stretch marks for years. I think it has helped reduce old stretch marks and I continue to use it everyday to prevent new ones. I like the scent and the feel of it. It is not greasy and dries pretty quickly.

well... stretch marks are difficult. they are essentially lines of scar tissue under the skin. Most of the time they form when skin stretches rapidly, which most often happens during pregnancy, but can also happen during growth spurts and during certain disease processes. There is unfortunately no effective treatment. You can only improve the appearance of stretch marks before the scar has fully developed. But based on what you are describing they have already fully formed. The only remedies that have shown any improvement are lasers and fractional microneedling to boost collagen and elastin production & help conceal appearance of stretch marks.

Latest posts

Back