Dance/techno/trance/hip-hop AKA In Da Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a dance/techno cd. I'd love anyone's input who likes this genre of music. Even some contemporary pop/dance songs would work.

Here are some of my faves from this genre:

Shiny Disco Balls - Who Da Funk

Around the World - ATC

Do Somethin - Britney Spears

Somnambulist - BT

Anything IAN VAN DAHL

Anything DJ Encore

They - JEM

Anything by LASGO

Anything MISSY ELLIOTT

Girlfriend - Robbie Rivera

i love shiny disco balls!!!

"drugs. rock and roll. bad ass baggy hoes. late night bootycalls. shiny disco balls!"

boys of summer and heaven by dj sammy

Originally Posted by Liz i love shiny disco balls!!!
"drugs. rock and roll. bad ass baggy hoes. late night bootycalls. shiny disco balls!"

boys of summer and heaven by dj sammy

"BAGGY HOES"?????
Love it!!

It's "Vegas Hoes" hun, but ya know...that could lead to a very large thread about misinterpreted (sp??) lyrics. Everything else is right, but the simple fact that you KNOW and LOVE the song...makes you numero UNO in my book. Hugs!!
claps.gif

A girl after my own heart.
claps.gif
I love this genre of music! You should check out Energy 92.7. Its a San Francisco radio station but you can listen to it on the internet too. Right now they are doing the top 500 dance songs. Some of my faves right now are:

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

Anastacia - Sick & Tired [Jason Nevins Electrochill Remix]

Ciara Featuring Missy Elliot - 1, 2, Step

Commander Tom - Attention

Dirty Vegas - Walk Into The Sun

Beyonce Knowles - Naughty Girl

Lasgo - Surrender

LMC vs U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above

Mis-Teeq - Scandalous

David Morales Featuring Lea Lorien - How Would U Feel [Peter Rauhofer Mix]

Nerd - Rockstar [Jason Nevins Remix]

Nina Sky Featuring Jabba - Move Your Body

Rupee - Tempted To Touch

Scissor Sisters - Filthy Gorgeous

Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme

Tiesto - Traffic [DJ Montana Edit]

Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris - Yeah!

Bodyrockers - I Like The Way You Move

Ciara - Oh

Crazy Frog - Axel F

D.H.T. - Listen To Your Heart

Missy Elliot Featuring Ciara & Fatman Scoop - Lose Control

Freemasons Featuring Amanda Wilson - Love On My Mind

Lola - No Strings

Milky - Be My World

Kelly Osbourne - One Word

Plummet - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha

Rihanna - Pon De Replay

Robbie Rivera & Stonebridge - One Eye Shut

Shakira & Alejandro Sanz - La Tortura

dancegrl90.gif

Have yall ever heard of Soundclick.com? I've found some kick a$$ remixes of some techno songs....OMG!! Satisfaction by In Da Club by Dj-Sam2004 ROCKS!! I hope they play good music on my cruise. I know they have little clubs.....I haven't been out in an eternity but everytime I hear the techo/dance music I trip. Q100 - A local Atlanta station streams online and I make sure to listen between 12 noon and 1 pm EST. The website is www.allthehitsq100.com if you ever want to listen. I can't listen at work b/c they've blocked the station online and anywhere in the area you get $hitty reception. Between 12 and 1 it's called CARDIO RADIO and as you can see on my notepad, the most beautiful DJ in the ATL cohosts the party as well as a Friday night party at Club 1150....which my ex-beau works at....who I called last night....in a drunken stupor!! Anyway.....Soundclick ROCKS!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty "BAGGY HOES"?????
Love it!!

It's "Vegas Hoes" hun, but ya know...that could lead to a very large thread about misinterpreted (sp??) lyrics. Everything else is right, but the simple fact that you KNOW and LOVE the song...makes you numero UNO in my book. Hugs!!
claps.gif

lol. i thought it was vegas hoes. that's what i always sang. but when i wrote it, i was looking around to hear a sound clip and saw the lyrics on one site and it said "baggy" so that's what i wrote. lol. i was like...huh? that doesn't make sense. lol. i guess i should have looked around more. but i was in a rush to go to the gym
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty Between 12 and 1 it's called CARDIO RADIO and as you can see on my notepad, the most beautiful DJ in the ATL cohosts the party as well as a Friday night party at Club 1150.... WHOA! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the lyrics...

Drugs and rock 'n’ roll, bad ass Vegas hoes,

Late-night booty calls and shiny disco balls.

Disco, disco, disco, disco, shiny disco balls,

Drugs, rockin, bad, Vegas, shiny disco balls,

Disco, disco, disco, disco, shiny disco balls.

Disco, disco, disco, disco...

Just one off the top of my head: Cascada - Everytime We Touch.

Brings me back to the days of Tunnel and Junior Vasquez...

ahhhh the good old days of being young and coming home at 12pm Sunday afternoon.
cool.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia ahhhh the good old days of being young and coming home at 12pm Sunday afternoon.
cool.gif
wink.gif
I sometimes miss those days.

does anyone have any more recs for some dance songs. stuff like shiny disco balls and up beat stuff.

but i don't want a lot of noise stuff. i like when they have actual words so that i can sing a long. lol

Originally Posted by Liz does anyone have any more recs for some dance songs. stuff like shiny disco balls and up beat stuff.
but i don't want a lot of noise stuff. i like when they have actual words so that i can sing a long. lol

Check out the radio station that I mentioned to Melissa. I think you will like it.

Originally Posted by Marisol Check out the radio station that I mentioned to Melissa. I think you will like it. ah ok. i think i listened to that station every so often when i was in the bay. but they always had sketchy reception or whatever so it made it hard to listen to.

Originally Posted by Liz ah ok. i think i listened to that station every so often when i was in the bay. but they always had sketchy reception or whatever so it made it hard to listen to. It happens from time to time since they don't have that many towers. I mostly listen to it online.

Originally Posted by Liz how do you know what songs are playing though? Most of the time it will tell you on the music player.

ok. i see it now. they didn't have anything when i first turned it on

Originally Posted by Liz ok. i see it now. they didn't have anything when i first turned it on Sometimes they have to play some random song because of the commercials since they can't advertise those online. Also, they have mixes at times and I have noticed that they don't have the artist/song info. But for the most part, they do.

Originally Posted by eightthirty Anything IAN VAN DAHLAnything by LASGO

Wow, I didn't know these groups were known outside of Europe
smile.gif
In Belgium,there's a whole "dancescene" with groups like this, such as Milk Inc., Sylver, MacKenzie feat. Jessy . So you might also like those.

A little less pop: Praga Khan, Lords of Acid.

I'll just stop here cuz it's not my kind of music,i'm not an expert
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back