Dangerous techniques!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a safety pin and I've also done the flame thing as well. I haven't been burned badly yet, but it HAS hurt a few times.

Then again, I have almost no pain sensors in my body at all for whatever reason so I don't know if I have injured myself or not! LOL

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like you need to wear safety glasses to perform that one safely..... HAHA. Karren that made me laugh.

i do the safety pin thing too

the point of the pin is more precise and is small enough to separat lashes one by one

hahaha!!! i knew there are some extreme makeup girls out there! i have very few things i am all that scared of, and for some reason going blind doesn't seem to be on of them either, i guess! but like i said i've been doing it for years, and the whole moving vehicle thing - that doesnt happen anymore... i dont have any proms i am going to as of late. but still, eyelashes and safety pins, in my world they go hand in hand.

i guess its all those friggin skater / wake boarder / motorcross boys that seem to have been all around me growing up... if i am going to be extreme, i guess it can be with makeup!

i poked myself in the eye with a mascara wand abd it hurt like helll! i would not dare to do those things there has to be a safer alternative!!

Same here Jen. I am not really that afraid. Now ask me to try something new on my skin though...NO WAY! Thats scary...pimples are frightnening.

When I was 14, Posner (A Black cosmetics company) came out with a line of dark berry, cocoa, reds, and deep cherry purple colored lipsticks with the matching nail polish in the exact shade. I was mesmerized by the bubble packed duos every time I went to the drug store. Broke teen that I was, instead I bought a cheap bottle of black cherry Sally Hansen nail polish, and proceeded to paint my 10 nails beautifully. After, I painted my full lips with the nail polish too--several coats. My lips dried perfectly. Coordinated beauty at last!! I didn't think about the fact that everytime I tried to speak, brush my teeth, drink a beverage or eat a meal, that each lip would now be frozen in place by the polish! (No they weren't stuck to each other, though..) Ladies, I KNOW what botox feels like now.. After several days of watching the lines, and peeling of the color, and my lip skin, I desperately tried to remove the remaining traces with nail polish remover. PAIN!! My lips were bruised, swollen, sore, and had missing bits of skin for about a month. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I was 14, Posner (A Black cosmetics company) came out with a line of dark berry, cocoa, reds, and deep cherry purple colored lipsticks with the matching nail polish in the exact shade. I was mesmerized by the bubble packed duos every time I went to the drug store. Broke teen that I was, instead I bought a cheap bottle of black cherry Sally Hansen nail polish, and proceeded to paint my 10 nails beautifully. After, I painted my full lips with the nail polish too--several coats. My lips dried perfectly. Coordinated beauty at last!! I didn't think about the fact that everytime I tried to speak, brush my teeth, drink a beverage or eat a meal, that each lip would now be frozen in place by the polish! (No they weren't stuck to each other, though..) Ladies, I KNOW what botox feels like now.. After several days of watching the lines, and peeling of the color, and my lip skin, I desperately tried to remove the remaining traces with nail polish remover. PAIN!! My lips were bruised, swollen, sore, and had missing bits of skin for about a month. Lesson learned. OMGOSH LOL!!

ouch! try a tooth pick instead.. still pointy but not as sharp as a needle. and why in the world risk doing it in the car?? as i said OUCH!

hmm, I dont really do anything that dangerous I dont think... I've made a contact lense completely black for a few minutes by doing my waterline with liquid liner which leaked into my eyeball... lol thats about it.

I'm pretty safe when it comes to my makeup techniques compared to you daredevils
biggrin.gif

i poke myself once in a while with my mascara wand, ouch!!

i once applied a heavy(really heavy, i was mad) amount of glitters on my eyes, including the lower lid, and most of the glitters ended in my eye. i learned then glitters and contact lenses are not a happy wedding.

NO way I can risk my life to look good!To me looking good is secondary only!Nowadays I never even wear makeup that often,I wear like 4-5 days a month only!"Its a chemical" comes to my mind often!

OUCH ladies! Makes my eyes and lips hurt! LOL

The most dangerous thing I do is line my waterline. One time I didn't realize that lining the waterline with liquid eyeliner was bad and irritated the crap out of my eyes. Also, I forgot to take off my Fluidline before going to bed one time and proceeded to have a very painful week after that, pleading everyone to take my eyeball out. LMAO

OK, I had to stop reading this post because I was freaked out by the whole safety pin thing. Just think about all the things that you love in the world that you would miss seeing (loved ones) or being able to do (crafts, reading, watching football) the next time you stick something sharp near your eye.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I was 14, Posner (A Black cosmetics company) came out with a line of dark berry, cocoa, reds, and deep cherry purple colored lipsticks with the matching nail polish in the exact shade. I was mesmerized by the bubble packed duos every time I went to the drug store. Broke teen that I was, instead I bought a cheap bottle of black cherry Sally Hansen nail polish, and proceeded to paint my 10 nails beautifully. After, I painted my full lips with the nail polish too--several coats. My lips dried perfectly. Coordinated beauty at last!! I didn't think about the fact that everytime I tried to speak, brush my teeth, drink a beverage or eat a meal, that each lip would now be frozen in place by the polish! (No they weren't stuck to each other, though..) Ladies, I KNOW what botox feels like now.. After several days of watching the lines, and peeling of the color, and my lip skin, I desperately tried to remove the remaining traces with nail polish remover. PAIN!! My lips were bruised, swollen, sore, and had missing bits of skin for about a month. Lesson learned. OMG that sucks so bad! I would have cried so much. I actually have a posner e/s beauty box, it's cream e/s colors are pretty nice!

LOL...

Wow, u girls are scary (and a bit off too...)

*goes to manually close mouth...*

brewgrl, plz stop the safety pin and lighter thingie... i don't wanna come on and read that u slipped one day...

PRESERVE THE PEEPERS!!!

Originally Posted by mascha /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also did the safety pin thing. It does work, but it's scary! I also occasionaly use the epilator on my eyebrows and am always scared (it could happen!) that it allso pulls out some eyelashes (YIKES!) OMG, the epilator on your brows, your brave. I mean mine are pretty thick and I have to tweeze often. I mean I've thought about it but I would never. I would have an accident.

Latest posts

Back