Dangerous techniques!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that we all have a certain way in which we apply certain things, but are any of them dangerous?

BEWARE- I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU DO ANY OF THESE!!! hahaha

I have an example... I have been wearing fake lashes since i was 16, and i am obsessed with them being as close to my lash line as possible, so order for me to REALLY get them in there, i use an open safety pin to get them situated and to get a really really thin line of added glue for extra lash security. i have been known to do this in moving vehicles and crowded elbow to elbow bathrooms. i have scratched my lid once or twice in the last 17 years, but i have never landed actually in my eye, but i have come close!

I also use a safety pin to separate my lashes after mascara.

another one, when i am lining my waterline, i always use a lighter to soften up the liner to get a really thick line so it won't come off. well, since i have no patience, i forget sometimes to test how hot it is before applying and i HAVE seriously burnt myself, but again, thankfully, not my actual waterline.

one day, i am going t go blind...

hmm..well..i think thats a bit too extreme!

perfection is what everyone desires but just be careful !!

I think just the fact I line my waterline is dangerous, I wouldn't go to those kinds of extremes. I value my eyesight.

OOh my eyes were hurting thinking about that one. But I used to take a safety pin to seperate my lashes. Not really any different is it???

Sounds like you need to wear safety glasses to perform that one safely.....

Oh my! That is a bit much IMO...but if you feel that works for you then I guess go for it. But I don't think it's that serious...It's just MAKE-UP!!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have been known to do this in moving vehicles and crowded elbow to elbow bathrooms. haha...eeek!

I also did the safety pin thing. It does work, but it's scary! I also occasionaly use the epilator on my eyebrows and am always scared (it could happen!) that it allso pulls out some eyelashes (YIKES!)

The most dangerous thing I ever did was to poke myself in the eye with my eyeliner.

It sure did hurt alot.

Once, in the car (as a passenger), I was trying to freshen up the liner on my waterline with a kohl pencil, we hit a bump, and I banged my eye pretty hard. Now, I'm super careful when I have anything close to my eyes.

Haha...Jen you sound like me. I guess we are the daredevils of makeup.

-I have glued my eye shut before

-I have tinted my own eyelashes

-I have scraped my lid because the pencil I was using had wood splinters.

-Shooot....I give MYSELF brazilian waxes.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Haha...Jen you sound like me. I guess we are the daredevils of makeup. -I have glued my eye shut before

-I have tinted my own eyelashes

-I have scraped my lid because the pencil I was using had wood splinters.

-Shooot....I give MYSELF brazilian waxes.

OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwww.!

Me and you do the exact same things. I seperate my eyelashes with a needle of safety pin, but I only do it in the morning in a safe and calm enviornment. You have to have pretty steadyhand s to do that.

I put my eyeliner through a flame also to make it stay all day, but I only do it for litterly a second maybe two. A safer alternative for you, I'd suggest put it in the sink under hot running water. I do that sometimes and I usually never wait to pu it on, unlike the flame.

May I ask why you ladies use a safety pin to seperate your lashes? I've always used a little comb. Does a safety pin work better?

Latest posts

Back