Dare To Be - A Famous Redhead (February 2 - February 16, 2012)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our new theme is Dare To Be - A Famous Redhead
 ​
 ​
Winner of DTB - Nerdy - AmberBlevins

Remember!
**If you are planning on entering this challenge, please post your entry in this thread and then PM
me with your choice of theme should you win the challenge. If you do not PM me with your choice, your entry will not be included in the voting poll. I will do my best to remind anyone should they forget.**
 ​

Entry deadline for Dare to Be Challenges will be at 6pm Eastern Time on the last day of the challenge. (2 weeks time) Please have your entry posted and pm sent to me, prior to this date/time Thank You! XO

Here are some inspirational pics, feel free to add your own to this thread,

For those who would like to enter, Please Note:
 ​
Entries must be specifically created for this challenge. Recycled images are not allowed.

Please review the rest of the rules here.

As before, no photoshopping is allowed. This includes the lightening and darkening of images. Only cropping and resizing images is allowed.

Remember!!!
If you are planning on entering this challenge, please post your entry in this thread and then PM me with your choice of theme should you win the challenge. If you do not PM me with your choice, your entry will not be included in the voting poll. I will do my best to remind anyone should they forget.

For those whose entries include more than one pic: Please indicate in your post with the images which one you would like for voting. Otherwise, the first image will be chosen automatically.

Have FuN and EnJoY the contest Everyone!
Good Luck!

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We don't have to have a wig for this right???

No not at all! I know I'm not a redhead haha. Just a look inspired by the person. Try to emulate their hairstyle or even facial expression 
smile.gif

You don't need a wig. Feel free to pick ANY famous redhead to be inspired by, not just the famous ladies here.

Jessie from ToyStory is another great one or Julianne Moore.

Actually there seems to be quite a few famous redheads, I don't think I realized how many before.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't need a wig. Feel free to pick ANY famous redhead to be inspired by, not just the famous ladies here.

Jessie from ToyStory is another great one or Julianne Moore.

Actually there seems to be quite a few famous redheads, I don't think I realized how many before.

I'm planning on trying to do Jessie!! I need to buy some fake lashes first though

I'll be entering this one if I get some time within the next couple of days. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  May as well take advantage of my temporarily red hair.

Hey guys, i did the little mermaid. I know it's not the hardest but i thought it would be a good idea for my first time doing this. Normally i do heavy eye makeup so i thought it would be cool to do someone who doesn't have "makeup" on.

Very pretty!!! I love your eye color!! I'm going to get started on mine in just a bit to have it in on time

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys, i did the little mermaid. I know it's not the hardest but i thought it would be a good idea for my first time doing this. Normally i do heavy eye makeup so i thought it would be cool to do someone who doesn't have "makeup" on.

Myrmillonis - Great entry! You captured her pose perfectly! Your contacts are GORGEOUS!!!

Your lashes are super pretty too! Are they false or just mascara? What brand are they (if they are false) They look great!

Alright so this would be my first time actually entering one of these. I have to admit it does seem a little intimidating. At least I can say I did have fun trying this.

I don't normally wear my hair down. 
On my eyes I used UD Sin and Naked.
This is a picture I kind of went by.

@greenapril I like your look a lot, it is pretty great. You hair is really pretty. I wish my hair looked that good down.

@Katana Thanks, I'm wearing mascara just to get my natural eyelashes black and i put on a pair of Elf eyelashes (dramatic black) because they look more natural then my other lashes. I also used some liquid eyeliner in black on my lashline  just to make them fuller because the lashes are the main focus on Ariel.

Gosh I need to stop procrastinating with these challenges 
laughing.gif

Face:

Benefit high beam

NYX concealer Porcelain

Ud afterglow blush in quickie

Eyes:

Maybelline color explosion palette caffeine rush

UD liner zero

Elf eyebrow kit

Elf False lashes

Loreal voluminous carbon black mascara

This was my very first time applying falsies!! They look so bad close up..you can clearly see how they don't line up with my real lashes 
icon_redface.gif

@myrmillonis Thanks. I really like your Ariel look. You even got the pose down.
@Amber Blevins I think it’s awesome you had a Jessie outfit handy. super cute.

@greenapril - Great entry!! Drew Barrymore looks great with that hair colour, I totally forgot about her!

@April - Awesome entry! Love the costume too!!

Thanks girls!!! I was hoping to have a few more entries in for fun, but I just didn't have the time. Really wanted to try Emma Stone, Hayley Williams, and Jessica Rabbit. Maybe they will fit into future challenges though 
laughing.gif

Latest posts

Back