Dare To Be - Edgy! (January 12th - 25th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, all!
smile.gif

The next challenge is Dare To Be - Edgy!

Chosen by juizihunni, winner of Dare To Be - Mystical Creation!

There is a LOT of room for creativity on this one, so let your imaginations run wild!!!
glasses.gif

For inspiration pics, feel free to check out Benebaby's Inspirational Makeup Thread for some ideas! Also, if you have any inspirational pictures that you've found, feel free to post them here!

And, as always:

If you are thinking about entering this challenge, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

THE RULES HAVE CHANGED!

1. NO photo manipulation is allowed at all!

What is Photo Manipulation and what does it include?

Well, you've probably seen some great photo manipulation by our very own mod, Daer0n. An example of her work is illustrated here:

beforeafter.jpg

This is probably the first thing that comes to mind when a lot of people hear the word "Photoshopped" or "Photo Manipulated", but a photo manipulation can be very subtle and include even slight changes like alterations to coloring or contrast. So even if you lighten your photo with a photo-editing program,you may not think it counts as photo manipulation, but it does. Basically, if you use a photo editing program to alter your photo in any way, it counts as photo manipulation. Therefore, for all Dare to Be competitions, you are only allowed to crop and/or resize your photo. That's it.

2. Any pictures which appear to be suspect, will either be automatically disqualified if the member is asked and doesn't come clean. If after saying it's not touched in any way the picture still seems to be suspect, then the entry will be DQed anyway. (If need be, it will be made so all entries are approved by a Moderator first).

3. Voting will remain in place. There is not true sufficient evidence to back that consistent entries/winners are discouraging. Participation overall still lacks, which we hope will change very soon!

Have fun and enjoy the contest!
For those whose entries include more than one pic: Please post the pic that you would like to be entered into the voting poll as your first pic to save time.
g.gif
hb.gif

Nice! Although i have no idea which way to go on this badboy. Actual inspirational pics are most definately needed. Maybe i can find some. I promise. No Caviar this time!

Edgy? yeah we really need inspirational pics for this LOL and maaaybe i will enter
wink.gif

Edgy... reminds me of MOD/PUNK/AD VANGUARD/COUTURE/FUTURISTIC/DRAG QUEEN makeup.

Also, Rihanna pops into my mind. Should be a cool DTB.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Edgy... reminds me of MOD/PUNK/AD VANGUARD/COUTURE/FUTURISTIC/DRAG QUEEN makeup.
Also, Rihanna pops into my mind. Should be a cool DTB.

You gonna enter Celly? If you do, i totally will LOL! promise
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Edgy... reminds me of MOD/PUNK/AD VANGUARD/COUTURE/FUTURISTIC/DRAG QUEEN makeup. Yeah, That's what edgy sounds like to me.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif You gonna enter Celly? If you do, i totally will LOL! promise
wink.gif
Yes Ma'am. This one sounds fun because I can use bright colors
biggrin.gif

So that means you're going to enter too... yay!

not sure if this is what is meant by 'edgy' but this is what i determine edgy to be lol so thought i would add incase they help anyone out, cheers nic

this should be interesting, edgy=punk/funky dark and bright make up...lots 2 wrk with! I cant wait 2 see the entries

I'm not sure if these are good inspirations but I decided to show them.

Please tell me if I'm wrong

5253-47ii.jpg

5253-7130-join_graphic.jpg

5253-7866-Athenaisonline.jpg

5253-7866-GIAT20small.jpg

5253-7866-toucandreams20Small.jpg

5253-7866-wunderthis20medium_original.jpg

5253-10569-484570-large.jpg

5253-050807cristinachains.jpg

5253-69495550.jpg

5253-83691778_4.jpg

5253-aga11.jpg