Dare to Be: Mardi Gras Madness! (July 18th - July 24th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Ok chicas! Go crazy with this Dare to Be Look!

It's all about Mardi Gras this week. Mardis Gras is about craziness, bright colors, feathers, face masks...

GREENS, PURPLES, and GOLD colors are everywhere during Mardis Gras.

Go out there and try to make your OWN face or eye mask using your makeup!

HAVE FUN!

Just can't wait to see the effects of girls job
icon_razz.gif
. As I'm viewin the forum I see awesome MU. I love it!!:icon_love

Just dont be this kind of Mardi Gras! I live here, trust me it gets scarry!
biggrin.gif

MG.jpg

LMAO at that pic KMEFH!! Go on Tony, i dare you to do Mardi Gras like that!!

Now how in gods name am i gonna do this theme.. We dont have any feathers, masks etc at home. I'll see what i come up with. This one should be fun. Good choice Liz!

Originally Posted by Laura LMAO at that pic KMEFH!! Go on Tony, i dare you to do Mardi Gras like that!!
Now how in gods name am i gonna do this theme.. We dont have any feathers, masks etc at home. I'll see what i come up with. This one should be fun. Good choice Liz!

hehehe.i don't have any feathers or anything. i'm thinking of trying to do an eye mask.

trying is the key word. lol

Ok speaking of TRYING... Lmao!!
icon_redface.gif
Well, I was going to do something w/ my airbrush & stencils... so that I'd look somewhat normal and not like the Ultimate Warrior - which is what it ended up looking like *sob*
icon_cry.gif
But... apparently someone cut (or it broke VERY cleanly) the air hose from my compressor to my brush !!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
Now I have to replace the whole piece, because naturally, the end of the hose is attached to the fitting that screws to the gun... god I'm pissed!!! it's probably gonna cost some $$ to fix!
icon_mad.gif
Anyhoooo... since I didnt' wanna miss out again - I did a horrible temp. DTB... maybe I'll have time to do another one - who knows... anyhow!!!
smile.gif
This was done with MAC Tealo Powerpoint, Mac Violet & Gold Pigments on the lids, and the rest is all colors from the MOD Cosmetics 88 color palette... little suckers show up pretty good! lol And since I didn't have any alcohol at the moment, my 7-11 coffee will have to do! LOL Oh well, this is a horrible substitute, so go easy on me!! lol
icon_sad.gif

ok - I took out my makeup wipes to take this crap off... and it seems to actually look a little more normal without the 'thing' in the middle!! ha ha
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oh well... between those pics & these... you get the idea lol
wink.gif

Um... ok - maybe not... this sucks too LMAO
icon_eek.gif

Janelle, those look great!! you did really good blending and the lines look nice. (i can't draw a straight line for the life of me. hehe)

I think that it looks great J! Love the color combo and the shapes are awesome. Give yourself more credit girlie!

Aww... thanks guys! :icon_love I honestly didn't like it - felt more like Batman than Mardi Gras!! lol I can't draw either, I just kept adding more on as I went along - but I can't match my left side to my right! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

I think it looks great Janelle!

I need some brighter colors before I try it. I don't have any green e/s, hence the reason I didnt participate in last weeks Green with Envy. I hope next week doesn't involve green!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by luckylabonte I think it looks great Janelle! I need some brighter colors before I try it. I don't have any green e/s, hence the reason I didnt participate in last weeks Green with Envy. I hope next week doesn't involve green!
icon_wink.gif

I really didn't have any either... so I borrowed my mom's MOD e/s's - they have a million shades of everything... and luckily they show up pretty well on camera.
wink.gif
I would've done last weeks, just never got around to it...
frown.gif

But thank you!!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by luckylabonte I think it looks great Janelle! I need some brighter colors before I try it. I don't have any green e/s, hence the reason I didnt participate in last weeks Green with Envy. I hope next week doesn't involve green!
icon_wink.gif

aww. you can use any kind of color you want!

Janelle, you handled your business girl!!! You look awesome!! Great job!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok speaking of TRYING... Lmao!!
icon_redface.gif
Well, I was going to do something w/ my airbrush & stencils... so that I'd look somewhat normal and not like the Ultimate Warrior - which is what it ended up looking like *sob*
icon_cry.gif
But... apparently someone cut (or it broke VERY cleanly) the air hose from my compressor to my brush !!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
Now I have to replace the whole piece, because naturally, the end of the hose is attached to the fitting that screws to the gun... god I'm pissed!!! it's probably gonna cost some $$ to fix!
icon_mad.gif
Anyhoooo... since I didnt' wanna miss out again - I did a horrible temp. DTB... maybe I'll have time to do another one - who knows... anyhow!!!
smile.gif
This was done with MAC Tealo Powerpoint, Mac Violet & Gold Pigments on the lids, and the rest is all colors from the MOD Cosmetics 88 color palette... little suckers show up pretty good! lol And since I didn't have any alcohol at the moment, my 7-11 coffee will have to do! LOL Oh well, this is a horrible substitute, so go easy on me!! lol
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Janelle, you handled your business girl!!! You look awesome!! Great job! thank you my dear! :icon_love Where's yours!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I havent been online since Sunday morning... I didnt know what the theme was for this week. Besides, Mardi Gras might be out of my league. That type of artistry is so not my thing!
icon_redface.gif
I think I have 2 left hands.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 thank you my dear! :icon_love Where's yours!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I havent been online since Sunday morning... I didnt know what the theme was for this week. Besides, Mardi Gras might be out of my league. That type of artistry is so not my thing!
icon_redface.gif
I think I have 2 left hands.
icon_redface.gif
Well I have two left hands... AND... two left feet!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Janelle, that is fantastic!! You looked great. I keep meaning to post photos, but I keep running out of time. My photos never turn out well either.

Latest posts

Back