Dark Eyes and Lips: Can you pull it off?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it can look fabulous! Just not on me. I have a very thin top lip and I've learnt to stay away from dark lip colours.

I wish I could do it, but I can't pull off dark lipstick at all. I have a pouty bottom lip and lipstick never sticks to it correctly.

A man's perspective... i love that look. There are many woman who have nice eyes and lips... why not accentuate both? : )

Originally Posted by Gent /img/forum/go_quote.gif A man's perspective... i love that look. There are many woman who have nice eyes and lips... why not accentuate both? : ) Aye aye!
applaus.gif

You all look great! I used to wear dark lip colors and nail polish.I used Chanel Metal Garnet lipstick with the polish and Vamp liner.I have no clue if they still have those colors.

I could probably pull it off, but whether or not I would like it is a totally different thing. It took me a while to get used to darker eyes and a darker shade of pink on my lips (in comparison to the light stuff I use)...haha. I have zero tolerance for thinking I look like complete shit, so I don't do dark lips often, if at all.

My "everyday look" is dark eyes and lips. I wear fairly heavy black liner and usually a burgundy lipstick. Anything else, IMO, makes me look pale and washed out.

yeah, i like this look. i have one really dark burgandy lippie that i actually think looks good on me but, it's just way too dramatic to wear out to most events lol.. i may try this look, though..

I do it all the time but I can't seem to find good pictures. I think it's perfect for going out at night but I really don't know if it looks good on me... I just hope it does.

I've always been scared of darker colors on my lips (I always felt like it made my lips bigger) - but you all are inspiring me to try it.

Everyone used to always tell me that I shouldn't wear heavy eye makeup and red lipstick, but for about 3 years I did anyway.

I love to have dramatic eye makeup and bold lips, I just think it looks great. I can't find any decent pictures, but I might take some later on!

I thought about this thread when I wore dark blue-ish eyeshadow, today, with Media (MAC) lipstick. And I wore it during the daytime. Hehehe.

I would take a photo, but I went to the MAC store on my way home and they re-did my face.

Back